Thread: Bear-build for PvE (skills and stats)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bear-build for PvE (skills and stats)

hi guys,

i v a little question: i made this mornig a new bear and i dont really know how i should spend my skills and stats... i play only PvE and i wanna tank mostly but hoever have the possibility to deal some DMG.
    i know i shouldd spend 158 in str but what should i do with the rest pure str, or dex for dps or int for soe mana?

further u could tell me what i should max out iv i want to play more as an offensive bear and tank less

thx

DOG

PS: pls dont coplain about my grammar mistakes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

What level are you? How's your gold?

If you're well off, I might suggest not to bother with int for mana/few M/S, since I'd rather use pots and put those stat points elsewhere.

A pure tank would have pure str, it also maximises damage but you'd hit less.

For a pure offensive bear I suggest enough str for gear and the rest into dex to hit as much as you can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

k im lv 11 at the moment (but 50 soon) and i ve enough money to afford the pots (same as with my bird... so thats not the problem). i want to tank maily but a bit dps i want also... so shoul i spend in str til 200 and the rest in 49 dex?

if i do so, how should my skills look like when im 55/56...
    if possible make a shema: like
    1-2-2-1
    0-6-6-2
    and so on...

idk the skills so dont pay attention on the numbers^^

Dog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

If you don't mind the chugging of pots in pve, then i suggest going for more attack based gear.

Stats is up to you, 200 str seems a bit more tank than offfensive, depending on what set you use.

I usually like to suggest a dual spec build for those who don't know which way to go yet.

Skill-wise, id have to say it really depends what your after.

A tank would max buffs and debuffs, and have less priority on slashes/damage.

A pure attack bear would max damage skills.

If you want a bit of both, you balance out the slashes by putting less points into them and more into buffs/debuffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well if 200 str is more tank than i hit the point: cuz i mainly wanna tank and just slightly increase my dps)
    so i colud give at least 1 point in every skill... exept from restore...
    r there skills which dont need to be extended (like the revive of mages which just decrease mana-use per lv) ?

Dog

PS: i dont wanna to respec my skills if i dont need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

200 str and rest dex seems fine if thats what your after.

The only skill i don't see putting more than 1 point in is restore. The heal increase per level isn't worth the 4 points, just the 1 for the extra h/s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i mean taunt and beckon dont need to be maxed eighter (and the slashes can be high but no maxed(: the increase of the ability shoulndt make that big difference

so it could look like this:

5-6-1-5
    6-5-6-1
    6-6-6-1

makes 54 points that what u have on lv 55

if its good pls tell me

Dog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmao View Post
    i mean taunt and beckon dont need to be maxed eighter (and the slashes can be high but no maxed(: the increase of the ability shoulndt make that big difference
    Beckon absolutely should be maxed, helps pull all mobs better (I think) to combo with stomp. Taunt must be maxed if your playing a defensive tank and are concerned about protecting your party (taunting mobs off mages/birds). I also use taunt to attract mobs right before I beckon so I gather a bigger group of them together. At higher levels, I'm don't think the one point in restore will help, you'll already have a very high health regen rate and if you need health that fast, you'll use a pot. You might consider putting 16 attribute points into INT to get that one mana regen (if you don't have a lot of it), generally around 5 m/s will keep you with the right amount of mana. You can also buy a ring with some m/s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Beckon is absoutely a must max for pve. It pulls the mobs much faster to you and it seems to have more targets, not sure on that one.

Taunt is the only aggro control for bear, so unless you only want it for aggro (and not for dodge, which taunt gives more than evade btw), level 1 just might work. Unless theres a hidden effect of more aggro for each skill level that we don't see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

If you want to be a tank, Krazii is right....Taunt and Beckon should be maxed. Taunt helps you keep aggro off your party, and if used right Beckon sets up the mobs for your archers and mages to do massive damage.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Unless theres a hidden effect of more aggro for each skill level that we don't see.
    I am pretty sure that as I increased Taunt as I was leveling my bear, I noticed that it worked more often and hit more mobs as I put more skill points into it....just a unscientific observation, but it seemed that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so i should increase both (tautn and beckon) to 6 nd equilibre the slashes with the remaing points? (and not increase the health if i dont need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Most high level bears have 5 or 6 points into Beckon, and the good ones also have at least some points into Taunt...I think Taunt works better the more points you have in it, but we are not sure.

One tip about Beckon is that if you run into a corner where there are a lot of enemies close, or against a wall near a lot of enemies, THEN hit Beckon, it will pull the enemies into the corner or against the wall, instead of all over the place which happens sometimes....it will make your archers and mages happy, try practicing that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

k thank u all
    just a little idea f my part: i goona extend all the slashes til lv 2: the completly dmg shoulb be higher using 3 different lower attacks than 1 high leveled. if one will miss, the other 2 can hit, if u have one and that one miss, yes u have no one left. frther should the average dmg be slightly higher but ill prctice it. and: it will take more mana to use the 3 instead of one, but if u can afford the pots that doesnt matter

Dog