Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Crafting System]: Planar Tombs Saga & Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default [Crafting System]: Planar Tombs Saga & Review

Forumers,

I am sure many are excited about the new recipes, ingots, ores, mythic amulet, etc! As a fellow player, I just want to make sure players are fully informed into exactly the adversities of the upcoming conquest.

I. Crafting of Armor & Helms Process:

1. Obtain Recipe
    2. Obtain Ingot
    3. Obtain the corresponding armor or helm that the recipe indicates. (Details found in sections II & III)

II. Armor/Helm Loot Tables:
    - Located in Planar Chests (epic rarity) found in Planar Tombs dropped via boss

III. Planar Chests:
    - Upon opening, a player will be granted a single item! Epic if unfortunate, or one of the highly sought after planar legendary armors/helms required in the recipe sold by planar tombs vendor.
    - Personally, I have opened about 20 planar chests and have only looted one planar brutality rogue helm. When in unrefined form, the stats of the planar tomb gear flat out suck. With the effort required to obtain these items, I do think that developers should look into buffing the rogue and sorcerer helms as in the current state, they are at best comparable to the L36 mythic helms - not necessarily better as promised.

So, overall, not only is there a lot of effort required to obtain the mythic amulet, but there is also a substantial amount of work required to obtain the helm/armor. Thoughts? Opinions? Is the work worth the reward? I think for armors, the general consensus is yet (excluding sorcerers) but for helms (excluding warriors), the helms do require a buff.

Cheers,

Zeus
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Nah. I'm saving for next level cap. Ty very much
    Thanks for the info
    VALAR MORGHULIS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

For me, perhaps the pendant is worth the effort to craft, as for the other items, lvl36 myths are still better, looks better too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frekken View Post
    Nah. I'm saving for next level cap. Ty very much
    Thanks for the info
    that is a big factor to consider as well. What's the point wasting time and huge amount of plat to obtain those items if there's another cap increase over the horizon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PurEvil View Post
    that is a big factor to consider as well. What's the point wasting time and huge amount of plat to obtain those items if there's another cap increase over the horizon?
    Remiem said there will not be another level cap for more until spring, I believe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hello guys and girls,
    Let's set aside the bias between rich and poor, strong and weak, and inexperienced and experienced, and talk about an important issue at hand. I have a long post but there are some important suggestions that my friends, my guildies, and this forum will support.

So I believe there are multiple reasons people run the planar tombs, but I'm sure the main reason is to obtain the new legendary armor.

How does one get the armor?
    Well as zeus mentioned, it takes 100 fragments for a bar, two planarized ore, and apparently, there is a third part that was not mentioned. You need to have luck in opening planar chests to obtain a base crafting part for each new armor piece.

When I heard this, I was first confused as to why sts didn't say anything about this because I have already ran 52 times for 52 fragments totaling about 15min per run so about roughly 13 hours. I thought I would get the 160 fragments for the recipe for the armor and the bar and craft the new armor all would be good.

Next I felt hopelessness. 300k roughly per chest, you get one chance, and you have to get the base part that you want out of all the armors. Now, these chests are very rare for an epic item, I havent gotten a single one from 52, yes 52 runs!

Okay, moving on. I'd like to point out that the legendary armor and helm were nerfed immediately after players complained about their "op" ness without seeing truly how difficult and expensive they would be to obtain. Really why is there so much flexibility given to players on the forums to influence decision making. The armor should not have been nerfed at all now that we know there is a base part needed with luck.

This is outrageous, I'm not going to run the planar tombs anymore unless something is done here.

What I suggest and I would like to receive support on,

Solutions,

1. Buff the armor back to its original state so that there is VALUE in trying to get it, not some sub-par mythic armor that takes 10x the effort and gold to obtain. The mythic armor can be done by simply purchasing the lv 26 armor, doing quests and bam, you have the best armor. The planar tombs takes much longer, you have to get lucky in the even rarer crates, and you end up with a weaker armor. Please consider this.

2. NEXT, get rid of the base part in planar chests OR increase the drop rate of the planar chests. More dropped chests = more base parts and value in trying to get the better armor. Also, I've never heard about this base part until Zeus brought it up through actual testing and spending 6mil on planar crates. This is why getting rid of the base part is also viable. Ive ran 52 times and have gotten not a single elite planar crate. If there is no base part, it will still be a challenging and time consuming farm to get the armor and it is not luck based or money based to buy auction crates.

I will not run anymore tombs until something is done. I can get 160 fragments for the brut/pot armor that seems only slightly better than mythics, but there is no garuntee with this new base part. Buff the armor again or get rid of the base part.

Lastly a message to sts - I know you guys are working very hard and are passionate about the game. As a player I really want to see what you guys think about this. If it's too difficult or too late to implement these changes, I'd like to know as you guys are working hard on the winter event. Make sure that event is flawless when it is released and take your time as this expansion is still a work in progress.

I'd also like this forum to be at the top so sts can see it So keep adding your support for this.
    Last edited by Dogoeswoof; 11-18-2014 at 12:23 AM.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dogoeswoof For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Until spring seems far... But I'm guessing the big amulet crafting horde is coming near that date so... Christmas is gonna happen without seeing a amulet in cs. Almost sure
    Last edited by Frekken; 11-18-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    VALAR MORGHULIS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have a problem with this part. I cannot manage even a single run through the planar tombs. I've tried at least 20 times, and every time I get disconnected. I've easily wasted 100+ plat in the process with revives and elixirs, only to eventually be disconnected each time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I have a problem with this part. I cannot manage even a single run through the planar tombs. I've tried at least 20 times, and every time I get disconnected. I've easily wasted 100+ plat in the process with revives and elixirs, only to eventually be disconnected each time.
    IKR zzz i feel you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Seo said like 30 mins ago that sts hasn't release all contents .. I think including recipe for mythic amulet so... GG

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Nice thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Forumers,

I am sure many are excited about the new recipes, ingots, ores, mythic amulet, etc! As a fellow player, I just want to make sure players are fully informed into exactly the adversities of the upcoming conquest.

I. Crafting of Armor & Helms Process:

1. Obtain Recipe
    2. Obtain Ingot
    3. Obtain the corresponding armor or helm that the recipe indicates. (Details found in sections II & III)

III. Planar Chests:
    - Upon opening, a player will be granted a single item! Epic if unfortunate, or one of the highly sought after planar legendary armors/helms required in the recipe sold by planar tombs vendor.
    - Personally, I have opened about 20 planar chests and have only looted one planar brutality rogue helm. When in unrefined form, the stats of the planar tomb gear flat out suck. With the effort required to obtain these items, I do think that developers should look into buffing the rogue and sorcerer helms as in the current state, they are at best comparable to the L36 mythic helms - not necessarily better as promised.

So, overall, not only is there a lot of effort required to obtain the mythic amulet, but there is also a substantial amount of work required to obtain the helm/armor. Thoughts? Opinions? Is the work worth the reward? I think for armors, the general consensus is yet (excluding sorcerers) but for helms (excluding warriors), the helms do require a buff.

Cheers,

Zeus
    It ain't no planar saga.. its dc saga lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

You've got to be kidding me, we need to also find the exact armor in the chest we want?

Let me state... I've run the tombs 86 times and found a grand total of 2 Planar chests. I've been in a group of 3 constantly during this time and I've been the only one to loot a chest. That means the drop rate is about 2 (chests) to 258 (3 players x my runs) or a likelihood of looting one is 1% (rounding up from .007%)? Does this seem like good odds to you?

That's not all then... So after I get one, I need to open it and I get 1 chance at looting something of worth or I might get absolutely nothing.

Let me be clear if I'm to believe the above posting. Zeus opened 20 of these chests in order to get 1 helm he probably doesn't even want as much as a potency helm(maybe). At a 1% drop rate you're looking at 2,000 runs..... 2,000 TO GET 1 HELM. But you wanted a set right? Okay.... run the maps 4,000 times then. 4,000 runs at 15 minutes a run = 1,000 hours. How much time is 1,000 hours? Oh... a measly 42 days of constant play time. Give me a break.

This makes me very unhappy. This is like a giant gambling wheel. Why does everything have to be based on rolling a digital pair of dice. I'm going to be honest, this really gives me pause if I want to continue on this 'ride'.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    You've got to be kidding me, we need to also find the exact armor in the chest we want?

Let me state... I've run the tombs 86 times and found a grand total of 2 Planar chests. I've been in a group of 3 constantly during this time and I've been the only one to loot a chest. That means the drop rate is about 2 (chests) to 258 (3 players x my runs) or a likelihood of looting one is 1% (rounding up from .007%)? Does this seem like good odds to you?

That's not all then... So after I get one, I need to open it and I get 1 chance at looting something of worth or I might get absolutely nothing.

Let me be clear if I'm to believe the above posting. Zeus opened 20 of these chests in order to get 1 helm he probably doesn't even want as much as a potency helm(maybe). At a 1% drop rate you're looking at 2,000 runs..... 2,000 TO GET 1 HELM. But you wanted a set right? Okay.... run the maps 4,000 times then. 4,000 runs at 15 minutes a run = 1,000 hours. How much time is 1,000 hours? Oh... a measly 42 days of constant play time. Give me a break.

This makes me very unhappy. This is like a giant gambling wheel. Why does everything have to be based on rolling a digital pair of dice. I'm going to be honest, this really gives me pause if I want to continue on this 'ride'.
    Brutality is better than potency. Too much health loss, lol.

I'm fine with it, tbh. It's an easy item to monopolize. >:-)

*whispers* Search planar in chest section of AH *whispers*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ppl are getting smarter after they get to know what is under the disguise of a 'freemium' game.
    So I believe this is what is called in the con business as 'screening process', serving the purpose of finding out those hardcores with deep pocket among us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Thankyou zeus.

To obtain the armor you need:

Recipe requirement for an Armor: 60 planar essences.
    Planarite Ignot: 100 planar essences
    2x Crystallized Planar Ore

So what you guys are saying in addition to the mentioned above requirements, you also need Rare loots from Planar chests...

Seems like a PRO TROLL STS..
    GG.

Back to PVP ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcs View Post
    Thankyou zeus.

To obtain the armor you need:

Recipe requirement for an Armor: 60 planar essences.
    Planarite Ignot: 100 planar essences
    2x Crystallized Planar Ore

So what you guys are saying in addition to the mentioned above requirements, you also need Rare loots from Planar chests...

Seems like a PRO TROLL STS..
    GG.

Back to PVP ..
    Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I wanted to say "wth" but now thinking better I'm done with the farm part and i guess many of you guys.

STS , put everything in lock crates... YOU WON !

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I've now opened about 30 & the odds are pretty abysmal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This is just hilarious, lol.

No one believed me when I was talking about needing base armor in order to make something perhaps slightly better than mythics. Unless they buff the armor on the rogue set back to what it was and/or buff the mage set to at least +100 (currently +43), the only people who will buy these recipes will be the ones ignoring the "hidden" crafting material. Guess what will happen when they figure it out; they'll be pestering both forums and support for planar fragment refunds.