Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Thank You STS for the Planar Tombs, now we just need some fine tuning....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Thank You STS for the Planar Tombs, now we just need some fine tuning....

I'm so happy you finally added some fun long term quests for elite gear, rather than have everything drop from locked crates. I think at this point we just need some fine tuning. So here are my suggestions:

1) Fix the server/disconnecting issues! Obviously this needs to be fixed for us to participate in these quests.

2) I think the one-hit kills in the Planar Tombs are a bit much. Yes, we expect this sort of thing to happen from bosses, but not from the mobs. And even in the case of bosses, it would be nice if there was a strategy to staying alive. Instead, some of the bosses just kill constantly no matter what. I died 30 times in just a single run through Tombs #3, and this was with a pro party of top geared players with mythic gear and arcane pets. As such, this is becoming a plat sink. I understand the need to have people spend plat, but the purpose of plat should be to speed things up, not be a requirement to participate. Unless a party is willing to spend 5 hours on a single run, plat revives are a necessity. It should not be that way.

3) It seems that we need a slight boost in the drop rate of the mythic pendant recipe. Through an entire 5 days, it seems that nobody has looted one. I do NOT want to see them falling like rain, but considering the number of hours spend by so many pro players in the tombs this past weekend, I would expect to have seen at least a few drop by now. On a day when thousands of players are doing multiple runs, you would think someone would loot one. I'd say a slight boost in the drop rate is in order. Just make sure to keep it "slight". We don't want everyone running around with this amulet within a week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

#1 - I totally agree.

#2 - It's fine. Leave it the way it is. It's challenging I love how the mobs and boss are really strong and hardcore, after all it's meant for hardcore players and you gotta be willing to sacrifice some plat/ankh to win or just do it old fashion and yea spend an hour or two.

#3 - No, I think the loot rate is fine as is. I love how rare it is to find. After all it's only been 5 days. A mythic pendant rarity should require hard work and long time of farming to earn. It should take 2-3 months if not more.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

About two, the mobs are fine. We could use some toning down on the third tomb boss though (his breath attack is unescapable and always one-shots). The reason mobs one hit (primarily, mages and guardians) is the messed up red zone warnings. Guardians have the same red zone for both their forward-rush red zone and the wide-cleave one. Mages have no red zone for their forward-rush. So this difficulty bump is because of glitches, they shouldn't be this tough. Although you still have those random one-hit crits from the demon dogs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

For boss 2 it is just the glitchy red zone and those one-hit shots with a curse chaser that appears over you after you die - that needs fixing, the rest is fine.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm so happy you finally added some fun long term quests for elite gear, rather than have everything drop from locked crates. I think at this point we just need some fine tuning. So here are my suggestions:

1) Fix the server/disconnecting issues! Obviously this needs to be fixed for us to participate in these quests.

2) I think the one-hit kills in the Planar Tombs are a bit much. Yes, we expect this sort of thing to happen from bosses, but not from the mobs. And even in the case of bosses, it would be nice if there was a strategy to staying alive. Instead, some of the bosses just kill constantly no matter what. I died 30 times in just a single run through Tombs #3, and this was with a pro party of top geared players with mythic gear and arcane pets. As such, this is becoming a plat sink. I understand the need to have people spend plat, but the purpose of plat should be to speed things up, not be a requirement to participate. Unless a party is willing to spend 5 hours on a single run, plat revives are a necessity. It should not be that way.

3) It seems that we need a slight boost in the drop rate of the mythic pendant recipe. Through an entire 5 days, it seems that nobody has looted one. I do NOT want to see them falling like rain, but considering the number of hours spend by so many pro players in the tombs this past weekend, I would expect to have seen at least a few drop by now. On a day when thousands of players are doing multiple runs, you would think someone would loot one. I'd say a slight boost in the drop rate is in order. Just make sure to keep it "slight". We don't want everyone running around with this amulet within a week.
    I had to post, because i like your posts..there interesting..so welcome back
    glad to see more informative posts..this is what the forums needs, instead of cleaning up a thread..yes i'm lookin at you mr.cleaner (you know who you are)

1. yup..definitely
    2. No 1-shots period
    3. I think hard to get items are needed..and these will just be more of value for people who spend the time and effort to get them.
    (obviously 1-shot makes things cost 2x more lol..i smell the cost of another "arcane ring" pricing coming XD)
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

1. Totaly agree.
    2. Yes about giant mob in tomb 3 even me already escape from red zone but as long I still in one line with that mob I still got 1 hit dash attack. This need to fix
    3. Agree,just lil bit increase will not change price or anything.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

Good discussion. Lots more refinements and info coming in a patch set for Thursday.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: