Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dagger Bug - can't attack at certain proximity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Dagger Bug - can't attack at certain proximity

This is an odd one. The uncharged normal attack does not work at all within certain distance of mobs. Screenshots to show the range that is the issue.

EDIT: This is not just planar blades, but ALL rogue daggers! (goblin blades as the only exception)

What is interesting is that the archers in Tinderin wilds are coded to stay that specific distance from you, so they will continually back up so you can't hit them unless you use a skill attack. The charged normal will work at this position, but it does not hit anything, so is useless to try.

The bug makes it feel almost like you are stunned, standing there unable to hit anything. Really bizarre.

Name:  Photo.png
Views: 562
Size:  458.7 KB

Name:  Photo.png
Views: 636
Size:  583.3 KB
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-19-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

If there was really a change, this was perhaps the most annoying feature previous daggers had. I kept being pulled close to the mob core when I had intended to just attempt to proc the myth daggs spamming arrows from a certain distance. But no, it would just autolock on something and completely skew the elimination order tactic I was trying to pull. Perhaps I've been a bow user for too long.

More specifically, on topic, try to switch out with magma daggs at the exact spot after the planar knives have failed. See if those bring you close or it was an overall adjustment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I just tested with All varieties of daggers I had handy, including:

Planar Knives
    Magmatic Blades
    Goblin Blades
    Lifethief
    Depraved
    Dimensional
    Incandescent

This bug applies to ALL daggers except the goblin blades! It does not pull you into hitting range, just freezes you motionless when you try to tap your attack (which dagger rogues do all the time between their skills)
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-18-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I think I'm understanding this better now. Not sure why the goblin daggers would have more range, probably an unintended detail.

Example 1: How many times have you pierced to a spot around Stahl in arena? Your ping seems fine and the arrows you shoot are going straight on him, right? But try using pierce or razor and you'll realize he's not exactly at the spot where you see him standing.

Example 2: Remember that glitch that let you walk outside the map borders in any map? It was not completely fixed because now, if you pierce while moving on a wall to something that *just* got blocked by a part of the wall which got in-between as your character moved away, here's what happens: as you walk away (appearing to be in safety distance from everything) you'll see yourself taking damage from enemies that would not normally be able to hit you from this far. What happens is that your position on the server is different from the one you're viewing at your end. Similarly to what happened when the out-of-walls glitch happened, your character will simply keep walking either back to the spot where the routes of your server coordinates and visible coordinates split or, if you keep moving, your server side "shadow" (invisible to you) will take the perfectly shortest route to join your character's image (that you are seeing). To be clear, these type of situations don't require high ping to occur.

This might also be related to the back-and-forth wiggling bug that we had a while ago on test server and although it's now fixed for the players, certain mobs like the purple melee vines still occasionally do that weird spastic movement which is slightly irritating because when they do it, they do it underground (you can't hit them if they don't surface). I'd imagine your daggs bug is the result of the described issue above.

It seems like an issue with certain moving enemies that don't consistently and properly update their positions on the client side (our side). Or there's an error margin at the mob's movement calculation with no confirmation backup or even no detection of the anomaly in the first place. This might be a little hard to understand if you don't get out in the field and test it.
    Last edited by Madnex; 11-18-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Example 1 happens with bow. It's something that started with the planar arena release, where you can not pierce close to stahl. Like he has a forcefield around him. Different bug entirely.

This dagger bug is brand new like within the last 2 weeks.

You can test this bug with barrels also. Windmoore harbour has a nice set right before the first bridge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

It should be understood that all content when released contains a variation of bugs :/ Unfortunate but we have to tolerate it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

This is not just new content. This is affecting all daggers of all levels, except one, which is a novelty item at best.

That is like having all mage staffs get bugged, or all warrior blade weapons. It means we can't effectively use 50% of our weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Example 1 happens with bow. It's something that started with the planar arena release, where you can not pierce close to stahl. Like he has a forcefield around him. Different bug entirely.
    I'll have to test. Pretty sure it's an issue of similar nature. The "force-field" appears after he moves around once or twice and is sometimes removed when he changes place (so it's movement-placement related).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

This is not just new content. This is affecting all daggers of all levels, except one, which is a novelty item at best.

That is like having all mage staffs get bugged, or all warrior blade weapons. It means we can't effectively use 50% of our weapons.
    All mage staff is crap and all warrior shield also, this is nothing new.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    All mage staff is crap and all warrior shield also, this is nothing new.
    Hali, daggers were not like this 2 weeks ago. This IS new and it is wrong.

I play a mage too, and staffs don't have any bug anything like this. There is a huge difference between not liking something, or something having crappy stats, and there being a failure in basic functionality.

Daggers are a weapon that relies on auto-attack, if you can not use that function when within hitting range of the mobs, it makes them useless. Daggers have been my weapon of choice since season 1, and I can say without any doubt that this is a brand new issue - one that urgently requires fixing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

So bottom line is PLEASE FIX IT lol.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Mythic blades are the same as goblin. They hesitate like you're lagging, but will still let you attack. All other daggers disallow attacking when in the shown proximity to mobs, bosses, boxes, barrels etc.

Tested a shiny new set of common blades also. It runs all the way down the weapon chain.

Avaree said she started noticing it 2 days ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Mythic blades are the same as goblin. They hesitate like you're lagging, but will still let you attack. All other daggers disallow attacking when in the shown proximity to mobs, bosses, boxes, barrels etc.

Tested a shiny new set of common blades also. It runs all the way down the weapon chain.

Avaree said she started noticing it 2 days ago.
    It may have started sooner than two days ago, but that is when i noticed in tombs that at times the daggers didnt hit when i tapped. I chalked it up to lag, until i read this thread.
    Blackbeard's nefarious hooks are same as the weaps Serancha listed in a few posts above, leaves the users stunned/frozen.

Tested this earlier on various elite maps, and regular maps.

This severely handicaps rogues ability to use auto attack.

* edit* the stun/frozen effect is broken when pets/party mate attacks enemies or crates & barrels
    Last edited by Avaree; 11-20-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Well if it makes you feel any better the mythic scythe staffs for mages only hit one target uncharged.

The most basic benefit of using a staff is to hit three targets, and we don't even have that on the mythic PvE weapn for sorcs.

GG.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    Well if it makes you feel any better the mythic scythe staffs for mages only hit one target uncharged.

The most basic benefit of using a staff is to hit three targets, and we don't even have that on the mythic PvE weapn for sorcs.

GG.
    Again this is not about mages, nor is it a class comparison thread. Please make your own threads if you find a problem with a weapon for another class.

This is a dagger weapon BUG which makes daggers virtually unusable. It needs to be fixed.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for the head's up on this one. Will have our testing team give it a look.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

This is a dagger weapon BUG which makes daggers virtually unusable. It needs to be fixed.
    Just for note to public: this bug affects all melee weapons, that means ALL warriors weapons (I cant test glaives which has longer range)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jirikjurasek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Excellent find. I can't believe not a single warrior noticed this before. Possibly because they tend to get closer to the mobs and swords have a different range than daggers, making it less noticeable. Or else they just thought it was lag.

I did comfirm this on warrior with blades, sword/shield and maul-type weapons. Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default please fix bug

Thank you for posting this! I noticed last night while leveling a friend in low levels I could not hit enemy while spamming normal attacks. This need sto be fixed asap !! I prefer dagger to bow so don't want to switch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,008 Posts

Any word on this? It's annoying to tap auto w/ daggers only to stand there.