Thread: The reason why rogues seem op

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default The reason why rogues seem op

So many people complain rogues are too op... But do you know why?

The only reason is there the simplest character to use in game with the traditional pvp build of packs,aimed,nox and pierce with razor instead of nox for clash ordepending on the play style...there's not much variation.

Where as mages can slaughter rogues if they stun lock and skill switch, skill switch? Yes!
    Just because you have to wait for the cooldown (CD) doesn't mean it's not possible, as the CD is very short on some skills like ice for mage which is 2 seconds.

So as a mage you could start of with attack skills to maximise your damage then switch out ice for heal which the common tactic but you could change this to something which suits you

As a warrior vs rogue it's all about delaying the packs, stun is out focus many complain there CD is too short but if you predict when they will pack just stun before they do and dish out the most damage you can to exhaust them and make them desperate for packs they will also avoid hitting you less as there waiting for packs and the desire to heal deprives them of concentration ....(it's true lol)

Finally my personal build is chest splitter, smash, axe, horn accompanied by slag which if his stun is a success you can complete two full combos of chest splitter,smash,axe which is a real killer...the most obvious choice to switch is chest splitter for juggernaut to then dish out constant damage and rely on stun via pet and skills.

Some warriors even go hardcore and use vengeful,smash,chest,axe and rely on stun which is an instant kill if your pet stuns/panics but I recommend you have samael for this...

In conclusion rogues aren't op in pvp there just simple to use and consist of no complexity where as mages and warriors take a bit of thinking and timing...

P.S CHRISTMAS SOON! HO HO HO
    Last edited by - Samdegreat; 11-21-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The complexity of rogues isn't in their build but in their movement, timing, and ability to aim specific targets. That's what makes a successful rogue and why I do not mind giving out my build. The other more important factors are things that I cannot teach but must be learned through numerous deaths.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The complexity of rogues isn't in their build but in their movement, timing, and ability to aim specific targets. That's what makes a successful rogue and why I do not mind giving out my build. The other more important factors are things that I cannot teach but must be learned through numerous deaths.
    I did consider them factors, but overall for example in a clash the rogue is the easiest character to use but the key to winning a clash...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by - Samdegreat View Post
    I did consider them factors, but overall for example in a clash the rogue is the easiest character to use but the key to winning a clash...
    I think his point is that it takes a lot of work to make a Rogue look easy.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Standing still as a mage...as if mages weren't sitting smur--I mean--ducks already.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I cant use rogue I like mage and warrior more lol
    NO RECIPE NO MONEY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Rogues don't seem op. They are the most op class in this game. I've seen then from lvl 5-41 and they are always the most played class because it's easiest to get kills in PvP and are needed to kill bosses in PvE.

As Zeus said rogues are op from three factors, moving, timing, and being able to aim aim at 1 specific target. Don't talk about mages being able to stun lock because that ended 2 seasons ago. Until you play all classes don't act like you know anything.

I've used every class and I'm telling you for a fact rogues are the best characters in this game.

All you talk about is 1v1. This is a very small part in the reason why rogues are op. Do you realize that rogues are actually needed in PvE for a decent run? Which party runs fastest 4 tanks, 4 mages or 4 rogues? Why do you think rogues own the timed runs lb?

With the new amulet rogues can almost 1 shot tanks. Your right Sam, they suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes rougues are very op in endgame but in twinks lvl warriors rule