Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oldie Code Of Etiquette

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Fail Thread of No Reading

A lot of newbs are getting flamed these days for stuff they don't know they are doing wrong. This hopefully helps.

How to handle Banned
    Rule 1: read page 5. He tells you.

I.) PVP ETIQUETTE
    1st Rule: Always ask "FFA (free for all) or 1v1?
    2nd Rule: Never Disrupt a 1v1. This is a major breaking of a rule and people get real mad about this (me too)
    3rd Rule: When asking for a 1v1, Don't use the word "noob" Don't use the word noob anyway.
    4th rule: If the person says yes, you should say "call it" either they will say "say go" or they will say "go." once a person says go, the 1v1 has begun.
    5th rule: No selling in PvP unless someone asks for something first
    6th rule: Never leave in the middle of a 1v1. Idc if it grants you an extra death, it's wasting my mana.
    There will be some people defying these rules, that is (sort of) OK, because this is only the (oldie) code of etiquette.

II.)Power Leveling Power leveling is a highly disliked practice. It is when a lower level player gets a higher level player to level them. This is not OK if you are beginning, but it is OK if you already have a main and know how to play the game.
    1st Rule: Never ask in the New Players Forum Section to be Power Leveled. Trust me, you will be flamed.
    2nd Rule: Explain that you have a main and you know how to play the game. If you are a totally new player, do not ask on forums at all.
    3rd Rule: At the end of a power level, always offer to compensate for the higher level person's services.
    4th Rule: All pink drops go to the person that is Power Leveling if they asks
    5th Rule: Do NOT beg. Nonononono! never beg! This is the worst part of Power Leveling. Newbs get flamed for asking to power level because of the last wave of the "Mynas Generation" These are high level players that beg for everything and do not know how to play the game.
    6th Rule: Even if you have a main, do not rely on Power Leveling too much. Your stats will suck, and you will be flamed in-game too.

III.)Booting
    The One and Only Golden Rule of Booting: Always give a legit reason for the boot, such as "low Level." always apologize for booting. Lots of people have problems with this rule, including me.

suggested by others:
    Added by JemNI
    1) Don't beg, it's just stupid. Why are you "playing" this game if you just want to sit around and beg? The fun of the game is in the adventure and exploration of it. Teaming up and defeating the foes, fulfilling quests and getting lucky with good drops now and then.
    2) Don't feed the beggars! Don't give them anything (except maybe a useless scrap of cloth, LOL) Giving them anything will just show them that there's an occasional payoff and they'll keep doing it.
    3) For Enchanters: heal. It helps the party out. Bear tanks are there to take the heat off of you so you can do damage, don't let them die for it.
    4) Don't drag, stomp or blast bosses too far away from their origin. When they get too far away (as in out of the room they started in and down the hall), they will stop, become invincible, return to their original position and completely heal themselves. Not good, right?
    5) Kiting is often an effective way of keeping yourself alive and herding mobs into a single group you can efficiently blast with AoE, however, don't overdo it. I think the worst place to kite wildly is the Shacklerock(?) valley where the stone giants are. They are not too tough to take on one on one, but they are all over the place and if you start running around into the proximity of other giants gaining aggro, you might soon be dragging 5 or more giants around into the other players. This is not a good thing.
    6) Try to do the maps sequentially. Not a biggie, but I've been with many parties that dash on down a corridor without paying attention to the map, leaving a room unbeaten. The problem is, when you get the end, you have to trek all the way back to finish off the level. If you aren't using your heads up map display, you should, it's useful, showing where enemies are, but you have to get close enough to see them before they appear on the map.

Added by Kujen
    -Bears, please taunt. If you have more armor than your teammates, they need you to take the damage - to tank for them.
    - that goes along with mages healing, mages please heal whenever you can
    -Also everyone else, don't rely on mages to heal you. Heal has a cooldown and is not always enough to keep you alive, you need to use your health pots as well
    - don't get mad if somebody else gets a good drop. Just tell them "Grats". If it's something you want you can offer to buy. Everyone gets their own roll for drops, so it is nobodies fault that you didn't get a good drop. It's just luck
    -if youre going to boot somebody, do it when they first enter. Don't wait 5 min and then boot them because you want your buddy to join.
    -don't boot people with elixirs.
    -don't boot at the boss. It won't help your drop chances anyway.

added by Ona
    - when someone asks for everybody to "pot" (or "pot up"), it means that you may need to use a tank pot (the blue one) and in some cases (when the boss is really hard or when the party is not strong enough) you can add the melee pot (red one). When everybody pots, don't be cheap, pot yourself. Otherwise, you may die very fast and be useless to the others. And they won't tell you nice things and invite you to remake the game.

That's it so far.
    Last edited by noobmigo; 03-05-2011 at 03:18 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noobmigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I've been looking for something like this.

I didn't know about the giving of pinks to higher levels doing the power leveling, but I guess I haven't been power leveling so it never came up.

How about beyond the topics you mentioned?
    In general:
    1) Don't beg, it's just stupid. Why are you "playing" this game if you just want to sit around and beg? The fun of the game is in the adventure and exploration of it. Teaming up and defeating the foes, fulfilling quests and getting lucky with good drops now and then.
    2) Don't feed the beggars! Don't give them anything (except maybe a useless scrap of cloth, LOL) Giving them anything will just show them that there's an occasional payoff and they'll keep doing it.
    3) For Enchanters: heal. It helps the party out. Bear tanks are there to take the heat off of you so you can do damage, don't let them die for it.
    4) Don't drag, stomp or blast bosses too far away from their origin. When they get too far away (as in out of the room they started in and down the hall), they will stop, become invincible, return to their original position and completely heal themselves. Not good, right?
    5) Kiting is often an effective way of keeping yourself alive and herding mobs into a single group you can efficiently blast with AoE, however, don't overdo it. I think the worst place to kite wildly is the Shacklerock(?) valley where the stone giants are. They are not too tough to take on one on one, but they are all over the place and if you start running around into the proximity of other giants gaining aggro, you might soon be dragging 5 or more giants around into the other players. This is not a good thing.
    6) Try to do the maps sequentially. Not a biggie, but I've been with many parties that dash on down a corridor without paying attention to the map, leaving a room unbeaten. The problem is, when you get the end, you have to trek all the way back to finish off the level. If you aren't using your heads up map display, you should, it's useful, showing where enemies are, but you have to get close enough to see them before they appear on the map.

One last thing.
    I don't know how the majority feels about this one, but on an adventure I like to share the wealth. If I think somebody is playing well, I'll throw them some equipment that I know I can't use, if it's appropriate for their class. I probably wouldn't share a pink or purple since you can get decent gold for them in the consignment shop, but I'm still hanging onto some nice lvl 30 robes somebody once generously gave me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JemNI View Post
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I've been looking for something like this.

I didn't know about the giving of pinks to higher levels doing the power leveling, but I guess I haven't been power leveling so it never came up.

How about beyond the topics you mentioned?
    In general:

One last thing.
    I don't know how the majority feels about this one, but on an adventure I like to share the wealth. If I think somebody is playing well, I'll throw them some equipment that I know I can't use, if it's appropriate for their class. I probably wouldn't share a pink or purple since you can get decent gold for them in the consignment shop, but I'm still hanging onto some nice lvl 30 robes somebody once generously gave me.
    added to the rule book.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A few things I thought of:

-Bears, please taunt. If you have more armor than your teammates, they need you to take the damage - to tank for them.
    -Also everyone else, don't rely on mages to heal you. Heal has a cooldown and is not always enough to keep you alive, you need to use your health pots as well
    - don't get mad if somebody else gets a good drop. Just tell them "Grats". If it's something you want you can offer to buy. Everyone gets their own roll for drops, so it is nobodies fault that you didn't get a good drop. It's just luck
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Maybe I am splitting hairs, but to me there is a kind of power leveling that is OK for new players. That is when you are in maps of your appropriate level, the threat is red, and you take an XP multiplying elixir. The kind of power leveling you describe is actually leeching, but the kind you can do with an elixir in your own levels is not leeching, and I think there's a big difference in that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    A few things I thought of:

added to the rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Maybe I am splitting hairs, but to me there is a kind of power leveling that is OK for new players. That is when you are in maps of your appropriate level, the threat is red, and you take an XP multiplying elixir. The kind of power leveling you describe is actually leeching, but the kind you can do with an elixir in your own levels is not leeching, and I think there's a big difference in that.
    You're right.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wouldn't consider using xp elixirs powerleveling, they just go along with it. Powerleveling is like intentional leeching. Where leeching is playing in a lvl too high for you, powerleveling is where the host is a higher level and is agreeing to do all the work for the leecher.

I don't want this to go off topic into a discussion of powerleveling, I just want to point out that xp elixirs are fine and not frowned upon. Leeching and expecting others to do the work for you is.
    Last edited by Kujen; 02-09-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

That's the kind of lvling i'm talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would add something about elixir (tank and melee):
    - when someone asks for everybody to "pot" (or "pot up"), it means that you may need to use a tank pot (the blue one) and in some cases (when the boss is really hard or when the party is not strong enough) you can add the melee pot (red one). When everybody pots, don't be cheap, pot yourself. Otherwise, you may die very fast and be useless to the others. And they won't tell you nice things and invite you to remake the game.
    Onascaabatie - Bird, lvl50
    Papale - Mage, lvl50
    Ihatealiens - Warrior, lvl50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Haha, good point.
    Btw, added to the rule book.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I think that powerleveling is only ok when it's a twink being powerleveled to the certain level they're gonna twink at by a friend who offers to help. but other than that, I no likely either...
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    I think that powerleveling is only ok when it's a twink being powerleveled to the certain level they're gonna twink at by a friend who offers to help. but other than that, I no likely either...
    Ofc, that's fine with me. If you know what a twink is, likely you know how to play the game. So power leveling will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

bravo.......
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    bravo.......
    Why thank you....unless that was sarcasm. I get sarcasm a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

hrmmmm.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Why thank you....unless that was sarcasm. I get sarcasm a lot.
    not at all... i like it

they should incorporate this in to the terms and argeement at the beginning of the game hahahahhaha

also i think powerleveling a twink is ok ONLY if they can identify themselves with a high level main...
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    not at all... i like it

they should incorporate this in to the terms and argeement at the beginning of the game hahahahhaha

also i think powerleveling a twink is ok ONLY if they can identify themselves with a high level main...
    Lulz maybe not terms and agreement . And i agree with the power lvling twink thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Posted by... a not oldie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Great writeup! I would add:
    Don't send random friend requests to people in town whom you don't know, or to everyone who joins in a dungeon the moment they join. (There are exceptions if you have a legit reason for adding them, like if you're the host of a map you're going to remake, or a twink adding a similar level twink in town for pvp-ing later.)

Regarding the always apologize for booting rule - let's just say there are times when I booted and certainly wasn't going to apologize or give a reason, but it's because the person in question knew very well what they were doing and why they were booted.

Maybe an additional suggestion could be: If time and circumstances allow, always ask the person to leave before booting.
    (I don't think you even need to apologize for booting people who then refuse to leave, but that's just my opinion.)
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial