Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oldie Code Of Etiquette

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Booters don't necessarily have to apologize, but they should at least put the reason that they're booting..that's what it's there for. Say "full" if the spot is saved. Say "lvl" if their level is too low. Anything else, write in the reason. It's just rude to put in random letters.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    Booters don't necessarily have to apologize, but they should at least put the reason that they're booting..that's what it's there for. Say "full" if the spot is saved. Say "lvl" if their level is too low. Anything else, write in the reason. It's just rude to put in random letters.
    Dont call me rude... vdskngjenbgnhgrhngrjhnrgjbregnbgrnyrnb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think this thread has severely deviated from a discussion regarding etiquette to a conversation about how to play someone elses character.

To address the initial post, I feel that everything in the first section is unfounded and absurd. If you're experienced to the point where you're ready to test your mettle against a single opponent in a 1v1 match to the death, then you're grown up enough to create a match between you and your adversary. Put a lock on it.

The "ready-set-go" interaction is cutesy at best. Until every player operates by your code of conduct I'll simply be ready with metal and flames blaring. It's your fault if you're not finished yelling at your parents, finishing your bag of chips, buffing yourself, or posting on this forum before the first combo connects. Keep in mind, if you get steamrolled in an ambush you revive at %100 capacity. The other guy has his stuff in cooldown so let the flames of vengeance evaporate your tears and go put a hurt on 'em!

I think you're "boot explanation" rule would make a good page in the Book of Etiquette. Even though many players can presume why they're being evicted from a battle, it involves a non combative game mechanic that operates with an iron fist. I had a 49 toon who was the 5th member to join a Keeper run and was subsequently booted because the host decided they "need more 50's". For all my indignation I appreciated the explanation.

I must say, I LOVE this one...

"6) Try to do the maps sequentially. Not a biggie, but I've been with many parties that dash on down a corridor without paying attention to the map, leaving a room unbeaten. The problem is, when you get the end, you have to trek all the way back to finish off the level. If you aren't using your heads up map display, you should, it's useful, showing where enemies are, but you have to get close enough to see them before they appear on the map."

I'll admit, I've been a tremendous perpetrator of the "Standard Crush the Keeper Route". I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. The path that always seems to miss the one eastern room with the alien sniper in it. It wasn't until someone politely asked "please clear room on right" that I realized I had been programmed to walk right by it for the previous hundred repetitions! That's a good chunk of exp that still fits within an exp potsworth for the whole run. Leaders should lead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Posted by... a not oldie.
    You don't have to be an oldie to know how they act.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    I love this community and so as a newb, this helps me to know what is expected. But I must admitt most of it just seemed like common sense to me. There just tends to be a lot of players with no common sense....... Omg, I had a terrible experience with some people this morning with the roach...... Gah they practically contributed to my rising death toll.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A few more things about booing etiquette:

-if youre going to boot somebody, do it when they first enter. Don't wait 5 min and then boot them because you want your buddy to join.
    -don't boot people with elixirs.
    -don't boot at the boss. It won't help your drop chances anyway.

Those last two are highly frowned upon, and if you do it deliberately that kind of behavior is actually against ToS. You must not do anything that can ruin another user's play experience.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

added to the rule book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Considering there are about 8 true oldies left on forums, if that, you don't know how all oldies act, just a few

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Considering there are about 8 true oldies left on forums, if that, you don't know how all oldies act, just a few
    Those few are enough.
    Considering most of them flame my brains out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Those few are enough.
    Considering most of them flame my brains out.
    Only oldies that burn my brain are banned and Royce, royce with his knowledge, banned with his interesting way of thinking Hmm, now that I think about it though, there are a few oldies (people that joined in april) that come to mind, Royce, me, Banned, Richie, Ladylove, and Haikus, that are still active. I think bearded is an oldie as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Only oldies that burn my brain are banned and Royce, royce with his knowledge, banned with his interesting way of thinking Hmm, now that I think about it though, there are a few oldies (people that joined in april) that come to mind, Royce, me, Banned, Richie, Ladylove, and Haikus, that are still active. I think bearded is an oldie as well
    Lone, Res (?), TT (?)
    And banned is just WOAH like that. either your nice to him and he'll make you laugh, or your OK to him and he'll burn your brain to maximum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Lone, Res (?), TT (?)
    And banned is just WOAH like that. either your nice to him and he'll make you laugh, or your OK to him and he'll burn your brain to maximum.
    I forgot TT, I believe, I forgot when James (res) started, and mike (lone) is a swamp gen I believe

Edit:

I just remembered (even though my memory sucks) James started in Le so it could go either way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I forgot TT, I believe, I forgot when James (res) started, and mike (lone) is a swamp gen I believe

Edit:

I just remembered (even though my memory sucks) James started in Le so it could go either way
    *snobby voice* I know their names *snobby voice ends*
    I started when the lvl cap was 35 or 40ish....just not on the forums....so what am I?
    A sort of oldish noob? or Just a noob?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

*snobby voice* I know their names *snobby voice ends*
    I started when the lvl cap was 35 or 40ish....just not on the forums....so what am I?
    A sort of oldish noob? or Just a noob?
    If it was 40, I never understood what gen that was precisely, 35 = swamp gen, 40 = ao gen? Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If it was 40, I never understood what gen that was precisely, 35 = swamp gen, 40 = ao gen? Lol.
    You know what? scrap that. I would rather be part of BS gen than the Ao Gen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

You know what? scrap that. I would rather be part of BS gen than the Ao Gen.
    Anythings better than a mynas gen or a droid gen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Last edited by noobmigo; 02-10-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Update: made a section dedicated to BAnned

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    I must say, I LOVE this one...

"6) Try to do the maps sequentially. Not a biggie, but I've been with many parties that dash on down a corridor without paying attention to the map, leaving a room unbeaten. The problem is, when you get the end, you have to trek all the way back to finish off the level. If you aren't using your heads up map display, you should, it's useful, showing where enemies are, but you have to get close enough to see them before they appear on the map."

I'll admit, I've been a tremendous perpetrator of the "Standard Crush the Keeper Route". I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. The path that always seems to miss the one eastern room with the alien sniper in it. It wasn't until someone politely asked "please clear room on right" that I realized I had been programmed to walk right by it for the previous hundred repetitions! That's a good chunk of exp that still fits within an exp potsworth for the whole run. Leaders should lead.
    As a bit of a spin to your point about completing the map sequentially, when it comes to power leveling especially in Keeper, I'd like to see groups attack the enemies in unison. For those who spend XP elixir pots, they're being ripped off potential XP when one or two players decide to split off (case in point, the Mynas section) and kill shadows on their own because the other three happen to want to stick around and kill Mynas. I've been in many runs where the entire map can be polished off, Lore, Sniper, Mynas and Keeper with time to spare on the pots. Besides, as you know, with a group of 50+, the Sniper room is a cinch.

And to one of the other posters earlier in the thread, for record, I've been booted after I've potted up (as a Lvl51 Mage) and geez did that ever burn me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ok. **** you, Banned. TMNT sucks." Did it work?