Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Questions for the devs regarding craftable gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Questions for the devs regarding craftable gear

Preface

So, we are coming to see the full picture of the planar content. I have a couple of questions relating to those we had asked when arena gear came out. The threads on the topic are viewable here and here.

Samhayne was kind enough to give the following replies, letting us know that it would make sense with the planar tomb content.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Planar Arena is what it is right now. It's kinda missing it's other half: the Planar Tombs end game elite content. Unfortunately, as Candylicks posted above, we needed to move that end game content out 'till after Halloween. We don't have any short term plans to adjust the Planar Arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hopefully people will feel it is worth playing after the Planar Tombs content is out and dovetails with it.

We're human too. We're not going to always hit the mark. You guys bring up some good concerns. I am letting you know that we don't have plans to devote time to changing it right now. We want an awesome winter event more. Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Analysis

When I saw that there were recipes for new gear, and people said you would need the original base item first, in order to craft it into the good stuff, I thought great! That is why the stats suck on the arena gear, and why they made it so rare! It actually WILL be useful because it is to be crafted using items gathered in the tombs (fragments / essences) and made into something good.

Logical, right? Not so much. It turns out that the gear from arena is just trash and makes no more sense now than it did before the tomb release.

You can not use the gear looted in arena to make better gear. The recipes only allow you to use legendaries looted in tomb chests, which are almost non-existant with appalling drop rates for these craftable items.

So my questions to STS are these:

1) How do the stats of the arena legendaries make sense now that the tombs are released?

2) If we can't use the arena planar legendaries to make the new decent gear, why are they even there?

3) Why are they not craftable into the useable legendaries, as would make sense to properly tie the entire planar project together?

Considering the extremely low drop rates for both types of planar pinks (arena and tomb), and the amount of work needed to get the gear crafting recipes / ingredients, it makes no sense to not have the arena items craftable also. The crafting of them still need fragments, so people would still have to run the tombs a ton to get those, so why not make the gear from both areas useful?

Conclusion and my thanks for recent efforts

In short, I love the concept behind the new gear crafting.

I think it it totally amazing that people are required to actually get out of town and farm worthwhile content in order to actually EARN their new gear. I give the devs a standing ovation for implementing this concept.

However, if the base gear is to be required for crafting your equipment, that gear needs to be realistically obtainable.

I love that you guys are making a serious effort to prevent the market from being flooded with new items, in order to help restore the economy. I also know that it is better to err on the side of caution and make things too rare first, and then increase accordingly. Again, you're doing superbly here.

I think if the arena "planar" type legendaries were also craftable, this would make things a bit more realistic on the acquisition front. After all, the stats were adjusted, so this gear is not much better than the 36 mythics, if at all (depending on class). Those stats will likely be matched or outdone by the next event gear, so making it too hard to get now is not overly beneficial to the game.

Thank you for your attention.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You can not use the gear looted in arena to make better gear. The recipes only allow you to use legendaries looted in tomb chests, which are almost non-existant with appalling drop rates for these craftable items.
    Wait a minute... do you mean that after i obtain the requirements for the new planar gears i still need to find a legendary item of the same type from tomb chests in order to craft me an item out of the recipe that i bought with fragments from the planar npc???

Please clarify, because all i know is after obtaining the recipe from the planar npc, for a certain gear ( eg chest plate ) i just need an ingot and that 20K thingy in order to craft the gear (chest plate ).
    Last edited by InternetExplorer; 11-21-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Yes, I believe you need to loot the class and type of dark crystal armor ie dark crystal armor of potency for Rogue and then you need the recipe to turn it into Imbued Gem Armor of potency. So you would need the loot, ingot, planarized crystal or whatever it is and the recipe. So 100 shards for ingot, 60 for recipe, the lesser armor, and two of the 20K things to craft. If you wanted the helm as well it would be another 100 for ingot, 40 for recipe etc etc and the lesser helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

oh mother of god....

why its not included in the recipe description at the npc????

oh the devs, devs, devs,

Why everything seems to be so hard to do these days, friggin hard dungoeon with alot of leechers and afkers inside, complicated end game content which isnt described properly and introduced properly on how to get these things until someone in the forums breaks the silence and tells everyone whats in store for them after completing the requirements for an item.

What the.....

What about those who doesnt go to the forums, thinking they only need to complete the requirements listed in the recipe at the npc???? when they complete it they will be shocked to know that they need another piece in order to craft a gear...
    Those poor regular players will keep dreaming of getting those gears but will be slapped in the face once they realized that they need another thing...

Mother of Christ,,..

So disappointing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I already ask Remiem and Seo why there is hidden ingredient for new gear and why there is not announcement about that. Even in the newest Remiem thread about new stuuf there is any word about it. All in all StS ignore it, like always and new gear sucks because we are not able to make it and everyone waiting on winter event gear. Like always, lot of effort for ruin the gear and market by event gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Here is a thread by Zeus explaining. This is where I got that info from.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...aga-amp-Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Unbelieveable.....

I need to inform all my friends about this, they are farming like wild hounds in the planar dungeons just to be face palmed by a " hidden ingredient " to the recipe...

Mother of God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    Wait a minute... do you mean that after i obtain the requirements for the new planar gears i still need to find a legendary item of the same type from tomb chests in order to craft me an item out of the recipe that i bought with fragments from the planar npc???

Please clarify, because all i know is after obtaining the recipe from the planar npc, for a certain gear ( eg chest plate ) i just need an ingot and that 20K thingy in order to craft the gear (chest plate ).

This was confirmed to me by Maarkus who has crafted one of the new items. You need the specific version of the gear to match the recipe, and only the kind that is found in the planar tomb chests will work. I am on holiday so have only run the new tombs about 35 times, but have only seen one chest drop in those times. I know people who have run 80 times with no chest.

Zeus made a separate thread about that specific hidden requirement.

This thread (the one we are on now) is specifically asking why the arena legendaries can not also be used to craft the new gear, since they are also hard to obtain, (as in 3/60 arena chests when I tested last), so would not cause an overabundance of the new crafted items if this were added. Nothing I have seen since shows that the drops have increased for these items in arena. Why have gear that's super hard to get unless you can make it worth getting?
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-21-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well thanks for the explanation Serancha. i really dont read much on new threads being created in the forums but this one caught my eye. I even missed Zeus thread about the new craftable gears. I always look on Dev/Mods posts and threads.

This just made on the top of my " Why i shouldnt play Arcane Legends " list for Christmas. This isnt for a normal/regular player like me, i do like challenges but i dont like hitting a pinata 60 feet high blindfolded and with a barbeque stick.

PS:
    I removed the 25% of my bonus this year for plats already lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

In my ideal AL world....

Dark crystal armor would drop occasionally from the Arena Master Chests. The carrot is too far away from the rabbit right now and don't even get me started on Noble & Shade armor still dropping from Arena (it's best to just liquidate as soon as you get it). I don't care what anyone says, if the drop rate from killing bosses for a single planar chest is about 1 in 50 bosses at best case or 1 chest in 100 bosses more realistically.. There is no way I'm going to waste my time farming for 16-1/2 hours for 1 chest for a super minuscule 'chance' at looting something I actually want to acquire.

I like the new content, but there needs to be realistic incentive to run it. Anyone who actually crunches the numbers will realize what a high bar you have to jump over in terms of time for a minor improvement.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

This. Arena Planar gear SHOULD be considered as a pre-requisite for crafting the new gear. It's of legendary rarity, not mythic nor arcane. Have the fossil lootable from both master chest and planar tombs chest (since the master chest loot chance is almost none anyway, we've had the arena for months already and only ONE person has looted a fossil out of it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If its called UPGRADED ecc..implies you upgrade it from something no?
    Tbh i thought everyone logically understood there was a base gear to upgrade.

+1 on arena armor gettin some usefulness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It's not called upgraded, it's called imbued. It tells you what you need to get the recipe, but few people thought the recipe would include more items, since the term "upgrade" was never used anywhere I saw.

In any case, I have no issue with base gear being a requirement, just that the promise of the crappy stats in the arena gear making sense when the tombs arrived, turned out to be false.

Altering the "recipes" to allow the arena gear to be used also would be a totally logical way to make that gear useful, and make it a bit less arcane-style to get these new crafted legendaries.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-21-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It's not called upgraded, it's called imbued. It tells you what you need to get the recipe, but few people thought the recipe would include more items, since the term "upgrade" was never used anywhere I saw.

In any case, I have no issue with base gear being a requirement, just that the promise of the crappy stats in the arena gear making sense when the tombs arrived, turned out to be false.

Altering the "recipes" to allow the arena gear to be used also would be a totally logical way to make that gear useful, and make it a bit less arcane-style to get these new crafted legendaries.
    I thought to there's a base gear to be used in the Imbued Gem recipe. also i thought it will be the planar gear from arena so i bought one of them once the planar tombs released, when i sow Zeus thread i was shocked. Like WTH is that. so why u even make those planar gear any way they are useless and ancient druid is so much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

click me
    click me too please
    These made me conclude there was a base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Too bad they nerfed before release. The lowered stats mean the arena gear needs to be useable for a base or else the effort really isn't worth the result in most cases. Even still it won't be worth it but at least some would get made that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Using planar gear in the imbued process would certainly make it much more attainable.

The way this new content currently is, i dont know if i will ever craft that imbued set.

The cost/risk factor seems too high.

IF your lucky enough to loot the chest its value in auction outweighs the worth of the new armor.

It reminds me of farming Elite golden chests and then opening them all hoping for mythic/arcane items.

I think the new armor should not be had this way.

We can buy magma gear from the tooth vendor, Why cant we craft the new armor without a base or at least make the base not be so rare.

It is legendary after all.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 11-22-2014 at 02:54 AM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If its called UPGRADED ecc..implies you upgrade it from something no?
    Tbh i thought everyone logically understood there was a base gear to upgrade.

+1 on arena armor gettin some usefulness.
    Yeah like chlamydia, theres no symptoms but you know its " there "....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Hoping for a dev response on this.

It is legendary, and the drop rates are mythic for the new gear needed in the crafting. The arena gear remains useless and also has almost a mythic rarity drop rate.

I like things difficult and things that require effort. but the risk/reward balance is way off, and the tie-in of the two halves of the planar maps gear is still missing.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-22-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I said few days ago and I hope it's going to be implemented.

I think they should change Gatekeeper Hax quest. So the daily quest will give fragments instead of essences. What can you do with those essences in one month from now? Besides selling them in inventory?