Thread: Planar Arena: Bosses fight countdown (timer bug)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Exclamation Planar Arena: Bosses fight countdown (timer bug)

Hello,

I and my guildies as well as my friends have been noticing the bosses in Planar arena almsot everyone except the boss Ferrix in the arena. These bosses have STARTED TO ATTACK BEFORE THE "FIGHT!" being displayed, they have started to attack 2 Seconds early. This needs to be fixed as we cannot always take non-stop deaths and 1-hit kills from the bosses 2s early. Stahl, Captain Bloodhammer, Mother, almost everyone in the arena have started to attack us 2s early,

i kindly request to de-bug this bug as it has nearly getting many of the ones whom i know are getting poor rapidly as they are unable to afford ankhs due to this bug. Please look into this bug as soon as possible with tests.

Thanks alot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

but .... if you stay far enough , they don't attack you even after the "fight" shows up until you attack them first...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I guess you are not seeing in the chat box. And you are seeing the countdown... Fight! That pops up in center of screen...
    If upper thing is true then only read further XD.
    The time for the pop up messages was increased due to whatever reason on some client update when that font changing had happened. So due to it the actual timer is running properly . And also properly displayed in chat box, and if one count on stop watch or in mind those 15sec are going properly and after that only boss starts to fight! But if we see the pop up message due to its increased time on screen every next "number" popping up on screen is delayed! And this is effectively when last 5 second happen "5..4..3..2..1..Fight!" So actually Fight is displayed in chat box so much early than when its popped up.... So it feels boss starts its fight early than the message Fight!
    Hope this helps.

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    I guess you are not seeing in the chat box. And you are seeing the countdown... Fight! That pops up in center of screen...
    If upper thing is true then only read further XD.
    The time for the pop up messages was increased due to whatever reason on some client update when that font changing had happened. So due to it the actual timer is running properly . And also properly displayed in chat box, and if one count on stop watch or in mind those 15sec are going properly and after that only boss starts to fight! But if we see the pop up message due to its increased time on screen every next "number" popping up on screen is delayed! And this is effectively when last 5 second happen "5..4..3..2..1..Fight!" So actually Fight is displayed in chat box so much early than when its popped up.... So it feels boss starts its fight early than the message Fight!
    Hope this helps.
    i always look at the chat box... i think you should check it out yourself

what im trying to say is that the chatbox is correct but when the ON-SCREEN Timer is the problem(making the vid)

When the ON-SCREEN timer says go, thats the time when you are able to DAMAGE THE BOSS...but when the ON-SCREEN TIMER hits 3...2(B.A)..1

At the point of (B.A) Boss attacks, the boss attacks early!!! its not even fair enough you get 1-hit k.o before you start...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I did it today only , and it was ok for me on chat box.

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Don't stand near the boss then..
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Don't stand near the boss then..
    you try it yoursefl first then come back n reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

i had the same problem with rutgar

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raselph View Post
    Hello,

I and my guildies as well as my friends have been noticing the bosses in Planar arena almsot everyone except the boss Ferrix in the arena. These bosses have STARTED TO ATTACK BEFORE THE "FIGHT!" being displayed, they have started to attack 2 Seconds early. This needs to be fixed as we cannot always take non-stop deaths and 1-hit kills from the bosses 2s early. Stahl, Captain Bloodhammer, Mother, almost everyone in the arena have started to attack us 2s early,

i kindly request to de-bug this bug as it has nearly getting many of the ones whom i know are getting poor rapidly as they are unable to afford ankhs due to this bug. Please look into this bug as soon as possible with tests.

Thanks alot!
    I haven't noticed this until the time i stumbled upon this thread. When there is 1-2 seconds remaining in the timer, I am able to attack the boss and so can the boss attack me.

Looks like STS are spawning multiple threads to keep things in parallel for improving performance. unfortunately the threads seem getting out of synch or the 'write to log/ push' messages are delayed.

As a workaround --> When the countdown reaches 2 be prepared to attack or run before getting attacked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

you try it yoursefl first then come back n reply
    you were saying ? ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Theres no problem with this. There are so many more problems with the game than this.
    And this is not a problem at all. You stay far until you are all ready to attack.

This is a delayed on screen message. Like when you spam buying potions, and or giving lots of items.

Srsly, the planar tomb 3 unlimited boss veins even when the boss is dead is more serious than this.

Dont tell me you wasted so much ankh on this bug, no. Stop dying and be skilled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    you were saying ? ...

Haha this can be falsified. Not saying it is, but its a possibility. SS the game when its still counting, not when its finished. Someone could easily wait for the chatbox to finish and then the onscreen popup to catch up to the chatbox then SS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Haha this can be falsified. Not saying it is, but its a possibility. SS the game when its still counting, not when its finished. Someone could easily wait for the chatbox to finish and then the onscreen popup to catch up to the chatbox then SS.
    The onscreen messages at least appear 1 ro 3 secs after the inchat messages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Yes I experience it too. All message popups seem to be delayed. Buy lots of potions or sell lots of stuff in cs. All delayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Hello,

Thanks alot!

This is not an arena bug, but an issue with the timing delay between the actual clock and the message displayed across the screen.

The fight starts about 3 seconds after the word "fight" shows up in your chatbox, but due to the delay they added for onscreen messages the fight starts when the countdown that goes across your main screen goes to 2.

Here is the quote from Samhayne on the original bug report topic

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yeah, what happened is that the time to display the system message was changed to be longer so that messages would stay around and hopefully be seen.

The problem is that they didn't realize the timing for things like the Gladiator Arena. We'll get it changed back to normal in a future version.

Honestly I don't get why you'd repeatedly be dying because of this, since it only takes 2 or 3 fights to clue in. It has been out of synch since the original arena was first made, and the extra delay was put in place in June which made it much more noticeable.

However, it has never actually been accurate, so this shouldn't be news to anyone, although it is annoying.

You can test the delay issue yourself, since it is game-wide. Start by buying 1k potions in your guild hall. Then teleport to a town, go to the CS and start looking things up. You will notice the "You bought 100 blah blah potions" will still be flashing across your screen as you are in town, long after you bought your potions. Same happens with players joining/leaving tdm rooms.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-25-2014 at 04:26 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

lol but my point is that you dont get attack as soon as it says "fight" ._.

These bosses have STARTED TO ATTACK BEFORE THE "FIGHT!" being displayed, they have started to attack 2 Seconds early. This needs to be fixed as we cannot always take non-stop deaths and 1-hit kills from the bosses 2s early. Stahl, Captain Bloodhammer, Mother, almost everyone in the arena have started to attack us 2s early

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Yes its not just in arena, all pop ups are late as someone has said above - suchandsuch has entered the zone, left the zone, the pm pop up, the pots purchase popup, everything is arriving late with varying delay. I can still be getting pots purchase popups buy the time I've arrived in the next map... it is kinda spammy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707:1929498
    lol but my point is that you dont get attack as soon as it says "fight" ._.

These bosses have STARTED TO ATTACK BEFORE THE "FIGHT!" being displayed, they have started to attack 2 Seconds early. This needs to be fixed as we cannot always take non-stop deaths and 1-hit kills from the bosses 2s early. Stahl, Captain Bloodhammer, Mother, almost everyone in the arena have started to attack us 2s early
    Yea. I hear ya. I attack on the popup timer between 2 and 1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    i had the same problem with rutgar
    Captain Rutger is glitched as well. The animation before fighting him causes him to delay battle until it is finished, even if you skip the animation. As mentioned above, the countdown on screen is bugged as well, and it is behind the chatbox.