Thread: Idea

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Idea

I recent read a forum talking about undergeared players. I'm a player who uses legendary gear and I'm okay with it but, that's not my point. I read the forums and the idea hit me. I'm looking for strategy for the planar tombs. What I hope to accomplish with this thread is to get the top players to offer advice and strategy for the new content. I'm asking to please keep disparaging and non helpful advice and put downs to be kept off the thread please and thanks again.
    Last edited by regizakirs.rs; 11-25-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Arlor- Expedition Camp, Traveller's Outpost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

first boss- use stun pet when he tryin to cast the big circle......read sumwhere...havent passed lvl 1 yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

For tomb 1,
    Do small pulls only, as legendary players and also since there is dc issues, let rouges get off the necromancers, mages ice,fireball skeletons/vines .... Just some basics... And for boss you will need a 100% stun pet(like Kelvin/George) or else it will create so many fire pools(whatever its called) which throws 1hit KO fire... So whenever the big red zone appears, boss will blow some fire rings(at 10th ring it creates the fire pool). Use stun pet AA at 8th ring... 2-3 players out of 4 in pt is enough to have stun pet(only 1 is enough if that guy knows perfectly when to use AA) it will be long but will be complete ...
    Don't know much about tomb2 since only did it once, and tomb3 never entered there XD
    GL for runs!!!

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thanks guardiantwo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    Thanks guardiantwo
    There is a thanks button

Nice Art
    Need help?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GuardianTwo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    There is a thanks button
    I clicked on your reply and the thumbs up didn't show so I gave you one personally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    I clicked on your reply and the thumbs up didn't show so I gave you one personally
    Lol haha

Nice Art
    Need help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Alright so, I figured I'd reply here and not in the three page topic so I'll just give out tips for the first two tombs in bullets:

• [All] You're going to need gear at your level (L41 ancient/hellish/necro gear) and most importantly, you need to specialize in the correct skills (skills listed below, will give details on upgrades later if needed).
    • [All] Never venture too fast in the map after clearing a pack of mobs; there are vines and skeletons that spawn from underground when you walk nearby and they're ready to mob up on you.
    • [All] Do not attempt to cross the poison pools the necromancers spawn. Always move around them, especially when in combat --they move too so account for that as well when you're trying to avoid them.
    • [All] Don't pull more than one necromancer at a time. After he's been dealt with, target the ranged, glowing vines.
    • [All] There are specific spots in the first map where you can see green patches on the ground; staying inside them gives you a small boost on damage and crit.
    • [All] When facing hard mobs like large guards, try to pull them, isolate them and kill them first (or last, just make sure they're alone).
    • [All] Beating the first two bosses is mostly about learning the right distance to shoot them from; it's better to miss a few times until you can calculate it instead of being insta-killed.
    • [All] Be wary of the following glitched red zone warnings: A)Necromancer's heavy rush has no red zone, B)Guard's heavy rush has the same red zone as the heavy cleave attack, C) The AoE circle red zone of the second and third boss hits a bit further than it appears.
    • [All] To counter these bugged red zones, try to never stand in front of either guards or necromancers; just stay behind them or on the sides. For bosses, just move a few extra steps away.

• [Rogue] Use Aimed Shot, Noxious Bolt, Shadow Pierce and Shadow Veil as skills or swap Shadow Pierce with Entangling Traps.
    • [Rogue] Center your attention (and arrows) on the necromancer and move carefully so you're never in front of him for too long - even a few seconds can kill you if unlucky.
    • [Rogue] Do not use Shadow Pierce too often or even at all when you're facing more than 4-5 enemies on the same spot; charge Noxious Bolt instead.
    • [Rogue] Even if you do decide you're safe enough to pierce, don't ever charge it; not only it deals less damage per enemy hit but it's also hard to control and it can bring more enemies in the fight.

• [Sorcerer] Use Fireball, Frost Bolt, Arcane Shield and Time Shift as skills (avoid Time Shift if you're having disconnecting problems, use charged Frost Bolt more frequent instead).
    • [Sorcerer] The bosses of the first and second tombs can be rooted with Time Shift - this is very useful so make good use of it, gain distance and hit them from there.
    • [Sorcerer] You don't have to walk through or very close to the enemy group to throw your clock (Time Shift); just make sure you're facing them and that you're relatively close.
    • [Sorcerer] If you come across a group of vines or soldiers (without a necromancer), you can try charging your shield and then charging and releasing Frost Bolt while you walk through them; if done correctly, you will freeze several of them.

It's going to be rough the first few times but even legendary geared players can clear all three tombs (except the boss in the third one, you'll need help on that). I suggest farming the first map for fragments and Elite Planar Chests (the planar daggers are worthless, unfortunately). Farming the second boss gives you two fragments instead of one but also takes almost double the amount of time and the planar rods are not that great either. Anyway, expect to be beaten up a bit before getting the hang of it but after the first 10 runs it'll be much smoother.

This is still a bit generic so if you have more specific questions, PM or list them below.
    Last edited by Madnex; 11-25-2014 at 05:53 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

READ MADNEX POST!

I would like to elaborate further.....

The basics :

Do not take on more than one mage and stay out of those pools! Rogues attack the mage. Pull small mobs.

In tomb 1 there is a place where you just stop fighting and run into the boss area. It's a dead end with a mage hanging about, and your way is only to the open space on the right. There's two ways you can do this....

1. RUN! Straight to the boss area and fight the mob cluster until he spawns. This is hard as the mage throws down poison pools which always seem to get in your way.

2. From this dead-end continue to lure and fight mobs on the left of this open space, I think just another two mobs and then RUN! You will see the boss has already spawned, just hide behind the giant crystal on the left of boss area, until team is together and the mob that was chasing you has retreated.
    ---------

In tomb 2, turn your minimap on. From the narrow entrance path fight mobs and go straight right, ignore the area in front, you don't need to fight there. Torch statues are located on the edge of these areas, so skirt around edges and lure small mobs.

In tomb 2 and tomb 3 pull the giant mob guardian by himself.

In tomb 3 You can park some of the mobs like Elite Ashral Tower. Basically, map is elite Ashral tower

BOSSES : You need ankhs! You need to revive at bosses! Ankhs are a necessity in Planar tombs, especially at boss 2 and 3. If you don't want to waste ankhs stick to tomb 1.

Boss 1 - lure him to the top, if he starts making those fireball turrets, at least you keep them clustered around top and can run around without any trouble. If you have lots of damage power in your team you don't even have to stun him! Your damage output negates him from planting the turrets. But if your party lacks damage then Kelvin and timing is the only way! You will see a large red zone and then pulsating flames, count about 5-6 of those flames and hit Kelvin! Having more than one kelvin helps!

Boss 2 - He will one hit kill you and the rest of your team all day long, with glitched one hit kills too! stay out of his red zone, tank lure him out of his pool. Best thing to do is get kelvin to stun him when you see a red zone. The health of this boss is very hard and time consuming to bring down. You need high fire power and debuff pets, or stun lock him with four Kelvins rotational AA. Just ankh revive and blast! Word of advice : Dont fight him with naff damage and dps stats!

Boss 3 - This guy is something else, oh well I'll assume your a party with 900+ dps rogues and mages with 800+ damage and a tank with minimum 7k health, so.....

This guy is in the throne room of Inan'hesh. Tank evade him and keep the vines at bay around the throne area, use ethyl to slow down vine movement and use all your taunt skills. Let the mages and rogues attack this boss. The vines act like the vines around Helena - a barrier to absorb hits! AND ANKH REVIVE TIL YA KILL HIM!

Based on current gameplay and gears, if you have damage and dps under 700, I would advise tomb 1. Unless you're willing to pour bucket loads of cash in ankh purchases. The choice is yours.

P.S To all concerned, if you find that you're adequately geared and no one is running tomb 2 with you, then it's because you're not ankh reviving at boss when you claimed you had ankhs, while the other team members are! I always ask beforehand, we're quick at catching out ankh leeches bottom line is - you need ankhs to fight bosses, blame STS.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 11-25-2014 at 07:17 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1