Thread: Suggested changes for new armors/helms...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Suggested changes for new armors/helms...

I've been examining the stats of the new gear, and I think STS needs to make a few changes. It appears that considering the rarity of the elite planar tombs chests, and considering how rare the dark crystal armor and helms are, the stats of these legendary items should be a bit better than they are.

Otherwise they are pretty useless except as crafting materials for the imbued armors and helms. But if that is the case, then just make them crafting materials instead of actual helms and armors. If they are going to be helms and armors, then they (the uncrafted versions) should be the best legendary helms and armors that exist. That means better than Necro/Hellish/Ancient Druid armors and helms.

Regarding the crafted imbued versions, considering the difficulty involved of acquiring 160 planar fragments (needed to craft the armor) or 140 planar fragments (needed to craft the helm), I think the crafted versions should be mythic rarity and not legendary rarity. Even the most skilled and best geared party cannot do an average run through the tombs in less than about 10 minutes, and the average "pro" team takes 15-20 minutes minimum. That means at best you are going to get 8-10 fragments per hour. So we are talking 30 hours minimum of farming the tombs (to get 300 fragments), lots of deaths, and lots of ankhs used in the process.

With that kind of effort required, I think these items should be mythic rarity, and I also think the base stats of the imbued gear should be slightly higher than they are. Also, making them mythic would add a third gem slot, which makes them better.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Mythic rarity sounds about right, considering the difficulty of acquiring the base armor. Or they could just make the elite planar chests untradeable and buff up the odds for new gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Some suggestions on this were also made on this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...craftable-gear
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Remiem and Sam mentioned via PM that they were passing the buff suggestions to design team and they both agreed that the helms had to be buffed.

They've been cleaning up pretty well so I have enough faith that they will clean up this glaring issue as well!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

hallo, passed 11 day since this, nerfing them was much faster xd

Here are my suggestions: rogue dark crystal helms armor stat need a serious buff, not acceptable that 500-10.000gold helmets from cs got better stats.
    The mage helms loosing armor if upgrade, and even if upgraded, its not better than the current mythic, more like a tradeoff.

My character is wearing the dark crystal Rogue will helm, comparison to some cheap crate item, there is a huge armor difference:

And here, the upgraded mage brutality helm offers a similar tradeoff, like a cheap crate amulet to lunar pendant:

Last edited by Haligali; 12-05-2014 at 08:09 AM.