Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rediculous lag, and disconnects after 1.7, never beforehand. Please help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rediculous lag, and disconnects after 1.7, never beforehand. Please help.

Hello,

I am a relatively new, but avid Pocket Legends player. Ever since 1.7 has come out I have been experiencing simply rediculous lag spikes (ping spiking to 10k+ and it just keeps going). As I said I'm somewhat new, and this is my first post. I read the lag spikes sticky, and since this ONLY started after 1.7 I wasn't sure where to post this.

I have an Ipod touch, and I've disabled push notifications, location services, and everything else I can to reduce lag spikes and disconnections, and nothing helps. I've restarted my modem and my wireless router about 5 times now, because that usually solves any Internet problems I have. This doesn't help either.

I've also re-downloaded the product twice, because it says to in the loading screen if you have problems. This did nothing either. I've reduced what settings I can in-game to no sucess. I have a pretty good wi-fi connection too.

Now before the update, I never had any problems whatsoever. The occasional lag spike, but nothing serious. After the patch. I can barely play the game. That's if I'm lucky. Otherwise I can't play the game at all, it just lags almost all the time, and eventually disconnects. Even when I'm standing in a town with only a couple people.

Pocket Legends is one of my favorite games. Not just for the iPod, but for anything. I play it nearly every day, and I'm really upset this is happening =[

I've spent about $20 on dungeons and items so far. I know this isn't a lot, but i've still payed my share, and I will continue buying more stuff in the future, trust me. I simply love this game.

I apologize if this isn't where I'm supposed to post this. I'm just really stressed out over this, because I've done everything, and I don't know what else to do.

Please help me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pocket legends just requires a REALLY strong connection
    For the ping to be stable.
    In your case, I've had it too. It can take up to 2 1/2 or for me at least to have a stable ping. If you have a htc, it can spike up to 4k ping to 6k.
    IMO, pl on iPhone is the best.
    If you wanna play pl like your DESPERATE, just stay right next to your router and play.
    Level50 Bear CelticStyle: Full Rift
    Level50 Mage Acousticks:Cosmos
    Level35 Mage AcouCheoBoom: PvpChar
    Level30 Bear AcouCheoBooom: PvpChar

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

Check out the top sticky. Which iPod touch do you have?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the most part, I play in my room, which is about 25 feet away from my router. I'm gonna try standing next to the router like a fiend hahaha. But the thing that gets me is I didn't EVER experience problems before th patch. Beforehand, it ran like a charm no matter where I was.

And I have a second generation iPod touch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok standing next to my router changed nothing. I also deleted a bunch of apps I don't use, hoping clearing up space would help, but it didn't do anything.

I'm scared guys =[ I fear I'll never be able to play Pocket Legends again.
    I'm gonna re-install it again and see if that helps.
    Has anyone else had problems like this? A couple people did in the lag stickybut that was like a year ago. I need help =[

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Ok this may not apply to iPod but I have noticed and "fixed" a new lag problem on my gTablet. Before the update I used to have steady ping and very little (if at all) lag. Now after the update I noticed that I had more lag but the performance degradation was not at the different pings as much as when it changed on the screen (ping:120 stable and ping:240 stable gave same game experience but when it changed from one to the other I had bad lag). This problem was definitely minimized by a setting in my device wifi called "channels" which I raised from 11 to 14. I have no clue what this actually does but it improved and reduced the frequency of lag spikes greatly. Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

With an old device like a 2nd gen iPod, I would guess some degree of lag is inevitable. Have you turned off high quality in the settings? That helped me somewhat when I used to play on my old 1st gen.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I'm witnessing extremely erratic ping too with this patch; I've had the occasional ping that shot up to 20-25k (in which I would simply log off and log back on again) but I've been getting these high pings at least 15-20 times since the newest patch went up. Nothing has been done to my connection from 1.7 to 1.7.0.1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    With an old device like a 2nd gen iPod, I would guess some degree of lag is inevitable. Have you turned off high quality in the settings? That helped me somewhat when I used to play on my old 1st gen.
    Yeah I've turned off the high quality, and it helps a very small amount, but nothing significant. I've also turned off the 'Show Effects' action. Not sure what this does exactly but I thought it would help. None of these really did anything.

After my 4th re-install, my lag problem seems to have fixed itself. It's not nearly as good as it was before 1.7 but it's playable. And yes I have notifications/location settings off. I still get a 15k-25k lag spike here and there, but it doesn't run at a constant ping of 13k anymore lol.

Thanks for trying to help everyone, really. I was pretty distraught about this. You guys were friendly and made my first thread enjoyable, even though my problem wasn't haha.

But this brings up another question.. why does it seem to lag more for a lot of people since the patch?

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,503 Posts

It could also be your connection between the router and the Internet, not your device and the router. Is your network congested with streaming music/movies, online games, etc.?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I'm witnessing extremely erratic ping too with this patch; I've had the occasional ping that shot up to 20-25k (in which I would simply log off and log back on again) but I've been getting these high pings at least 15-20 times since the newest patch went up. Nothing has been done to my connection from 1.7 to 1.7.0.1.

When did they go from 1.7 to 1.7.0.1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    It could also be your connection between the router and the Internet, not your device and the router. Is your network congested with streaming music/movies, online games, etc.?

-ALS
    I only have two devices on my router, that's my iPod and my main house computer, which only the other members of my family use for like AOL and basic things. They're pretty computer illiterate, so they don't dl any music or games or anything that might slow it down. Could my main computer have any effect on my PL connection?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rhudien View Post
    When did they go from 1.7 to 1.7.0.1?
    I believe it was either the 7th or the 9th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am getting 50K ping, always, after 1.7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have HTC desire with Android, I didn't have performance issues since tuesday or so. Now it is very laggy and ping is unstable, when I ask other players they report no issues. I assume that maybe they are playing from iPhone. Does anybody else with android experience similar performance issues lately ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Same here. Since the update I have very erratic ping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

It improved a bit the other day, but today it's back to being annoying. The action occasionally just freezes for a sec and it never did that before. Running on an iPad with no other devices using the router and I do regular full shut-downs to clear cache.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by salkasalka View Post
    I have HTC desire with Android, I didn't have performance issues since tuesday or so. Now it is very laggy and ping is unstable, when I ask other players they report no issues. I assume that maybe they are playing from iPhone. Does anybody else with android experience similar performance issues lately ?
    I'm running a 1st gen moto droid and I stable out at about 240 but sometimes I get the 50k then disconnect.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok I upgraded my iPod touch to the next update from iTunes(iOS 4.0.1 I believe but don't quote me) and I'm experiencing NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER! A little lag here and there but an average ping of 80-250. Try updating through iTunes guys. It worked perfectly for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think part of this problem may be that the new quests and maps have attracted more players. Once you hit the level cap, there's not much to do, and you finally quit until the new maps. And that has happened, so we've recieved a large influx of old people that were waiting for the update that have now come. This would put strain on the server, and like any other MMORPG, it causes lag. I still get random lag spikes which I never got before the new maps :P and I have nothing enabled that would cause it (push etc.) and my wifi is fine. The server is probably sending info to so many people at once it drops a few. I notice the lag get worse as the people increases?

Maybe a server upgrade would help? This is just my opinion, and there is probably more than one cause. BTW my first post