Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kindly ask for a buff for imbued mage and rogue helms please

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks guys, I'll toy with a bit more. As you say, I'll probably just be adhering to the Imbued and not the Dark Crystal. Given the numbers we're talking about however, would tweaking the Warrior Set down be helpful? The numbers were likely dialed in such a way to provide a much needed boost to Warriors, over the Mythic and don't need adjustment but for the sake of argument I'm asking.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Really appreciate you working on this with the community. It means a lot.

Given the rarity of the items I don't think cutting the warrior boost is necessary. It is universally agreed that warriors need a boost for pve reasons. How this affects pvp is not something I can speak on, however. There really does need to be a proper boost to make things worth the effort, and in their case it makes the gear worth working for.

Perhaps half that boost for rogues and mages would be appropriate so that the warriors still get the extra they need, but it's also worth the effort for the other classes? Just a thought.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll toy with a bit more. As you say, I'll probably just be adhering to the Imbued and not the Dark Crystal. Given the numbers we're talking about however, would tweaking the Warrior Set down be helpful? The numbers were likely dialed in such a way to provide a much needed boost to Warriors, over the Mythic and don't need adjustment but for the sake of argument I'm asking.
    nooooooooooooo! acquiring only one of the warrior assault parts is an investment of 20-25m. unless people buy tomb chests and try for their luck which is much more expensive, given the odds.
    i voted to bring rogue and mage gear in line so that at the given rarity it s worth the effort. tuning it down will only make people loose interest in farming the tombs. with the costs for ankhs and pots, we need items worth the effort for all classes, not another batch off good looking armors with no real gain.
    please keep in mind, we re still using the same armor since last cap. it s time for a real jump in stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Thanks for your response Carapace,

I am against the "tweaking the warrior set". As Ard said above we are playing in last seasons armor. Buff the rogue and mages Imbued sets, keep Imbued worth farming for.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Thanks Carapace for the convo. I agree with Sera and Ard as well. Whether you farm full out for the gear or buy, it's VERY expensive. I don't think that most people are focused on the dark crystal anyway. I'd assume almost everyone that loots or buys is interested in the imbued items. Keep the warrior items the way they are and give a proper buff to the rogues and squishy items.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

How about giving a health boost to the rogue and mages imbued gear, kinda like you did with singe. The para gem already unbalanced the health:damage ratio in pvp and this may be a good opportunity to help solve it. The armor and damage of rogue and mage definitely needs a buff but this is something I hope you will consider too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Although this will mean we're going to have to hide more from the maxed out arcanabs, I too think there should be no tweaking down on the warrior sets but rather a restoration of the armor boosts that the imbued sets used to offer at the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Agree, dont nerf warrior items, buff mage and rogue items instead. You will see more people buying ankhs and elixirs for farming tombs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Agree, dont nerf warrior items, buff mage and rogue items instead. You will see more people buying ankhs and elixirs for farming tombs.
    At thats the entire purpose of the tombs isn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Here's a snapshot of where the baselines for the same suffix version of the helm currently sits on my test server. Note that this is raw and without gems of any kind. Looking for feedback/thoughts on these numbers, thanks!

Rogue Dark Crystal and Imbued Crystal comparison to Upgraded Mythic Helm
    Attachment 111298

Sorcerer Dark Crystal and Imbued Crystal comparison to Upgraded Mythic Helm
    Attachment 111299
    To add, please look into the other items like imbued security gem cap. It should also add more damage instead of reducing it (compared to mythic helm) and more armor. If to reduce the damage is your intention then please increase the armor more significantly. To be honest it only added 80 plus armor above mythic helm, which is horrible.

Having this buff will give sorc more depth and variety. Some like to have more survivability so that we don't become the ultimate suckers who spend the most on ankhs because we get one shot the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    To add, please look into the other items like imbued security gem cap. It should also add more damage instead of reducing it (compared to mythic helm) and more armor. If to reduce the damage is your intention then please increase the armor more significantly. To be honest it only added 80 plus armor above mythic helm, which is horrible.

Having this buff will give sorc more depth and variety. Some like to have more survivability so that we don't become the ultimate suckers who spend the most on ankhs because we get one shot the most.
    It has been requested that there be no trash versions of imbued items, so if they are fixing one variety they need to fix them all, or just make one standard set of imbued for each class.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It has been requested that there be no trash versions of imbued items, so if they are fixing one variety they need to fix them all, or just make one standard set of imbued for each class.
    Yep, there has to be no trash versions. There's a very low chance of obtaining a useful piece of dark Crystal gear.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks guys, appreciate all the feedback on this
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Here's a quick snapshot with where the Rogue stuff ended up today. While it's notable that on the helm Damage goes down a nominal amount on tactics and Will versions, the amount of crit gained is quite large. Overall health numbers dip a bit low but Armor is improved as well. The goal is to make something worthwhile that doesn't go to the extreme, while also being worth the farm. It's impossible to make them all "equal" in the obvious sense, so the important thing to keep in mind is that they are different choices depending on your preferred play style. Thoughts?

Name:  imbued_improvements_rogue_0.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  689.7 KB
    | | | |

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Here's a quick snapshot with where the Rogue stuff ended up today. While it's notable that on the helm Damage goes down a nominal amount on tactics and Will versions, the amount of crit gained is quite large. Overall health numbers dip a bit low but Armor is improved as well. The goal is to make something worthwhile that doesn't go to the extreme, while also being worth the farm. It's impossible to make them all "equal" in the obvious sense, so the important thing to keep in mind is that they are different choices depending on your preferred play style. Thoughts?

Name:  imbued_improvements_rogue_0.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  689.7 KB
    I think you hit the sweet spot, Cara! The stats are a nice increase but not anything that's a unnecessary extreme!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Why nothing on sorc? Once again 3rd class citizen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yep, sorcerers also need a buff!

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I'll have that here in a little bit, Rogue is all I could get into honing before end of day yesterday
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Carapace, just a suggestion here.....

At level 41, each extra primary stat point delivers approximately 1 point of damage. So if the new Imbued helm has 3 more damage than the upgraded mythic helm, that +3 damage actually becomes -3 damage when both helms have full grand gems.

Also, considering the rarity of these Imbued helms and how hard they are to acquire, why not just make the crafted versions mythic so they have the third gem slot, but keep the dark crystal versions legendary. That will help bridge the gap by allowing the third gem slot and also will reflect their actual rarity. Just a quick look in the auction will tell you that Imbued helms are far more rare than even the new mythic weapons as you can see barely any of them for sale, but quite a few of the mythic weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I'll have that here in a little bit, Rogue is all I could get into honing before end of day yesterday
    We were looking for Godlike (contrary to Zeus) but this is so much improved!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic