Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Winter is Coming! Help Test the Winter Event on the Public Test Server NOW!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Default Winter is Coming! Help Test the Winter Event on the Public Test Server NOW!

The Public Test Server is live! Join your fellow players and help us test the newest content for Arcane Legend before it is released to the masses!*

*The Public Test server is currently only available for players on Android devices.

How to Join the Public Test Server

1. Follow the instructions in the article here, to allow installs from "unknown sources" on your Android device This will allow you to download and run the test server: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...t%22-downloads

2. On your Android device go to: http://account.spacetimestudios.com/...egendsTest.apk to download the Test Server application.

3. Open the application and log in to your Spacetime Studios account as normal. You're in!

What to Know Before You Begin

Characters
    We took a snapshot of the server on Monday morning at 6 a.m. CDT. All characters that you had on the live server were be saved at that time and will appear on the test server as they were when the snapshot was taken, including skills, gear, inventory etc. Any changes that happened after that time will not be reflected on the test server. Also, any and all changes to your character that happen on the test server will not affect your character in the live game.

All players on the public test server will automatically be set to level 41, regardless of level on the live game. This will ensure that the limited number of players on the server will be on the same playing field and able to run through game content together.

Account
    You will need a REGISTERED Spacetime account to play on the Public Test Server. Characters on trial accounts will not be accessible. If you were playing on a trial account and did not register before the server snapshot this morning, you will not be able to access your character. However, you are still able to access the Public Test Server and create a new character if you'd like.

PLEASE NOTE: Only registered STS (e-mail) accounts and Facebook bound accounts were transferred into the test server. Players with registered Google Play accounts can still access and play the game, but will need to create a new character in order to do so. New characters will automatically be set to lvl 41 and given 2,000 Platinum to gear up. Please follow this tutorial on how to navigate the new user experience on the test server: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...i-participate-

Platinum
    All test server participants will receive 2,000 platinum to use during the duration of the test. Using this platinum does not affect your platinum balance in the real game, and likewise your platinum on the test server will not be available in the live game. This platinum is granted so that you can take full advantage of the game on the test server in the limited time it is available.

What happens when it is all over?
    The public test server will be available through Friday 12/6. Once it closes, you may remove the application by following these instructions: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...ation-android- . You will be able to return to the live game at any time during or after the public test, but again, none of the changes from the test server will carry over to the live game.

Finding Other Players
    The devs have created a guild called <Beta Testing> that all players may join while on the test server. This will help you to find other people playing online and coordinate runs, arena trials, etc. And, typing in guild chat with /g will allow you to chat with other players who are online at the same time as you.

What's New on the Public Test Server

Winter Event: Frozen Frontlines
    The winter event is available to access via portals in the major towns and the button at the bottom for your World Map. Zone in to Balmy Bay to get started!

New Bosses
    The heart of the Frozen Frontlines event is the new selection of bosses. Enter the portal in Balmy Bay to head to the boss zone. Depending on your tier, you will fight one of four bosses:

Tier 1: Ursume Tribsman – A big brute troll boss.
    Tier 2: Syrillax Guardians – A 3 phase fight with 3 different frozen Knights to overcome. Each fight is different every time, as the Knights un-freeze in random order!
    Tier 3: Tarlok and his Dragon – An old favorite returns. Face Tarlok!
    Tier 4: Syrillax, Dragon of the North – Fight the fearsome Ice Dragon, Syrillax!
    Tier 5: Syrillax Guardians, revisited! – The frozen knights return, but this time you face more than 1 simultaneously for a chaotic brawl!

We are very interested in your feedback after fighting the bosses of Winter. Later in the test, we will have specific playtests to facilitate fighting each boss.

New Gear, Pets and Items
    There are two gear sets, a legendary amulet, a new yeti pet and other items to find in the play test. As you try them out, let us know what you think!

Behind the Scenes Game Optimization
    Outside of the event, there have been other “behind the scenes” changes to help better optimize the game to help minimalize game lag and disconnect issues. Rarely, these changes can have unintended impact on other game features, so play around and let us know if anything looks or feels different or not as it should be.

We encourage you to put a focus on playing the new content, but make sure to play the other maps and use the other features to help us insure that there weren't any unexpected glitches as a result of our "behind-the-scenes" code changes.

Play with the Devs!

We're excited about the test server and we want to play too! On Wednesday, December 3rd at 2pm CST the Spacetime Devs will be streaming live on Twitch.tv as they join the test server and play with all of YOU! Players will be selected for parties at random from the game guild "Beta Testing" throughout the day as we adventure through the newest Arcane Legends content and broadcast it to the world. Keep an eye out for an announcement post and full schedule later this week.

How to Submit Feedback and Report Bugs

We have created a sub-forum reserved specifically for Test Server feedback. That can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...erver-Feedback.

This should be used for bug reports, feedback, suggestions, and discussing the test server with other players. The more feedback you give us, the more improvements we can make, so don't be shy! Let us hear what you have to say!

Customer Support

The Public Test Server is not a full service game server. Customer support is not available within this server. Please do not consider this a regular game play server. Test Server will have limited availability during specific public tests. There will be no restoration of characters, items, pets, etc. that could be lost for any reason. Please use the Test Server Forum (above) to communicate with the devs about any problems you experience.

That being said, the Spacetime ToS still apply. If you break the Terms of Service, there will be repercussions.
    Last edited by Arpluvial; 12-03-2014 at 12:46 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

1st rly awesome thank you<3

I Walked down the street
    I saw 2 Noobs
    I killed them both

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Well im kinda suprised what a heck is sts doing??? Are they going to release limited time event, when everyone will be tried it? Like seriously, wth. I understood these test servers on a arena, tombs. But event? .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

3rd and i hate the fact google accounts cant access.. By the time i earn enough money for gear it has already ended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

4th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Why the haste?

We need space to breath damn, we dont pluck money from a tree in our backyard to buy plat. I was expecting winter even to come mid or late of december.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Why the haste?

We need space to breath damn, we dont pluck money from a tree in our backyard to buy plat. I was expecting winter even to come mid or late of december.
    Remember this is just a test. The event won't go live for another week or more, you've got time!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

But when event is to explore then its fun, in this way due to test servers, that thing will be missing in actual live thing....

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    But when event is to explore then its fun, in this way due to test servers, that thing will be missing in actual live thing....
    If you don't want spoilers, then just wait for the event to go live

We have found Public Testing to be an invaluable asset. The feedback can help us better prepare the content for everyone to enjoy it. It reduces the chances of bugs affecting everyone's fun. So, that's why we do public testing. Thanks for your feedback!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

nice, i'll try

FROM NOTHING BECOME SOMETHING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hey Remiem, I sent you a pm regarding my grimm re-egg request.
    You've been online over the last few hours so I was wondering why you haven't replied to my messages yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can one dev update the winter event thread with the new vanities please? I'm curious. ...someone said that arlor vanities sets are coming back with the winter event...is it true?
    Last edited by Trueson; 12-02-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Remember this is just a test. The event won't go live for another week or more, you've got time!
    More sounds better Remiem.
    2weeks+ is perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

You should get rid of 'new amulets'. There's a good variety of amulets to choose from in-game already. How about some rings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Why don't you give all players the same equipment in test server? I as well as many others don't have Facebook nor email account and will have to wear noob gear that is a pity. Or at least provide us with gold to buy more or less decent stuff. 2000 plats is useless.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intruders For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Ios.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you don't want spoilers, then just wait for the event to go live

We have found Public Testing to be an invaluable asset. The feedback can help us better prepare the content for everyone to enjoy it. It reduces the chances of bugs affecting everyone's fun. So, that's why we do public testing. Thanks for your feedback!
    Btw first off sorry, I just got onto test server and saw almost everything is covered, not a single thing is totally shown, for eg, leader board prize, the things on token vendor are just primary (I think) and more will be added to it... So this test is just for boss testing for glitches and bugs... And I am ok , again sorry, I thought many things will be disclosed and it won't be Much to explore afterwards :3

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Why still can't play on test server with Google+ account?????????????????? Is it so hard to fix? I need to beg my friends again for gear or make many acc to make gold with plat???

This is the third time when I'm busy begging my friends for gear instead of test the content, I better just won't participate in these tests now, you guys discriminate google+ users.

Next time, please SAY THE SNAPSHOT TIME BEFORE, so I can transfer some gold and gears to my unused facebook account.

"We encourage you to put a focus on playing the new content"

Pff ok
    Last edited by Haligali; 12-02-2014 at 02:45 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: