Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Rarity of Items in the Planar Content

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Regarding the Rarity of Items in the Planar Content

Hey gang,

I wanted to touch on the rarity and difficulty of the elite end-game Planar content (collectively Planar Tombs, Planar Arena and the tie in to Elite Tindirin). The design of the Planar content is to be something to grind on. It's not intended for you to roll in, grab the loot in a weekend and then ask "What's next?" Sure, it might still not be in the best spot for that (we have some more tuning coming on that front), but that's what it is intended to be.

We have the sprawling Winter Event going into Public Testing now and looking to go live after that. Planar stuffs is something you can start now, work on it or Winter over Dec. and still give something for people to work toward in Jan.

Hopefully that helps you understand what we were thinking.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

First of all this a official confirm sts does do secret nerfing behind the scenes.

On topic. I think you are right.
    Though its extremely frustrating continuously looting useless gears from the arena chests not knowing whether you are progressing or not.
    On the other hand the planar tombs have set goals and after each run you know you made a step forward so they are easier.
    Many won't mind running Planar arena ∞ times as long as they feel like they are progressing each run they make. I farmed 20 globs essence after which i had to buy my recipe.

Please also consider giving the planar gears a better destiny different from instant liquidation.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-planar-arena
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-02-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,008 Posts

Sam let me say that the tombs have been good, and we love running them. We do understand it's not intended to be a grab and go situation, however as a community the drop rate on the planar tomb chests and the content inside still needs a slight bump up. Please consider this after the event comes to a close. Much appreciated!

ps.. event looks awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Sam Can I ask you something?!

Respectfully do you really think that we (Almost all ) will buy or pay for event energies for the same vanities , I mean Ican get all those vanities together for 200k or less.

The enegy worth 25 - 30k, So I think I don;t will run just my free ( 8 Hours ) Energies.

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

so your saying that you put recipe back to an arcane droprate and i should not waste my time running arena anymore?

Im over 200 completed runs this is quite ridiculous

The planar tombs are great, i love how u are guarenteed fragments after each run no complaints on the tombs.... but this recipe sam...please please please up the droprate

Im literally between arena runs as i type this and i have been running arena since the day the recipe was released.... i should have the recipe by now. the droprate is too low
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-02-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Thanks Sam. I really want something in this game to be rare. For the first time since season 3, when I walk around with my new imbued helm, people ask what it is or say "nice helm". The last time I remember hearing anything like that was season 3 when I looted my kraken skewer. The past 2 seasons, everything has been so common that nobody comments on any gear you have as you see it everywhere. Even arcane rings are all over the place and you will see 2-3 in every town.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Thanks Sam. I really want something in this game to be rare. For the first time since season 3, when I walk around with my new imbued helm, people ask what it is or say "nice helm". The last time I remember hearing anything like that was season 3 when I looted my kraken skewer. The past 2 seasons, everything has been so common that nobody comments on any gear you have as you see it everywhere. Even arcane rings are all over the place and you will see 2-3 in every town.
    The pendant is not rare, many people have it (the richest people) because the recipe was looted at a good rate for days and then all of a sudden, nada zip zilch zero
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    First of all this a official confirm sts does do secret nerfing behind the scenes..
    Just to address your point, no I didn't mean that
    Sure, it might still not be in the best spot for that (we have some more tuning coming on that front), but that's what it is intended to be.
    was a nurf, but rather that things might still need a bump up. I know Carapace was looking some at things earlier today.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Just to address your point, no I didn't mean that was a nurf, but rather that things might still need a bump up. I know Carapace was looking some at things earlier today.
    Keep in mind, the amulet is UNTRADEABLE so wether its rare or not it wont impact anyone besides the player who has it.....no impact on economy whatsoever

So the rarity of it is a moot point other than the fact that if the droprate is too low, it is out of reach for everyone for the most part except those who already have it

Rarity huh so farmable items are meant to be super rare, but reskinned mythics with every event!!!!!! good job preserving rarity of those items lol just lol

Everything has become so transparent lately haha plat plat and more plat
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

It does, a lot. Thank you Sam.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thanks for clearing things up Sam. I love the arena and the tombs but I hate the drop rates lol. It's meant to be challenging and it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Can you at least make the stats of the items worth it for rogue and sorcerer? Rogues barely get a 3-5% increase IF that. Most of it is simply a trade off. Warriors get a substantial increase. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Just to address your point, no I didn't mean that was a nurf, but rather that things might still need a bump up. I know Carapace was looking some at things earlier today.
    The drop rate was lowered and we weren't told.

Consider making the recipe a bit more accessible. Make the days after the droprate was buffed your limit and buff the actual droprate properly without exceeding that limit.
    Anything you guys decide the drop rate DOES need some buffing.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-02-2014 at 04:14 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Dear STS,

LOL! You guys are just amazing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This is why mythic recipie should stay at the drop rate it is now, they have already raised it once, if they raise it again, it will become less then 2mil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    This is why mythic recipie should stay at the drop rate it is now, they have already raised it once, if they raise it again, it will become less then 2mil.
    I agree with you 20m is a much better price ,if you can even find one, which you cant....... im guessing you already have your amulet.

^^^That was sarcasm^^^
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Keep in mind, the amulet is UNTRADEABLE so wether its rare or not it wont impact anyone besides the player who has it.....no impact on economy whatsoever

So the rarity of it is a moot point other than the fact that if the droprate is too low, it is out of reach for everyone for the most part except those who already have it
    It seems like nobody looted the amulet the first couple of days, then suddenly the rate increased and tons were dropping, and now back to zero. Isn't there some in between place that is the happy medium? I do want it to be rare, but it would be nice if on most days you would see one for sale in the auction. We went from having 10 of them in the auction last week to now none. So maybe it needs a little bump in drop rate, but VERY LITTLE.

I don't have one yet, but still I want this to stay rare. It gives me something to work towards. But when you can't buy one at any price, that means it's a bit TOO rare.

Same goes for the dark crystal helms and armors. I like the fact that the planar chests are super rare, but maybe the armors and helms should have slightly higher drop rates from the planar chests. Just slightly, not a big increase. I don't want it to go from seeing none in the auction to seeing a dozen every day. How about seeing 1 or 2 for sale? That is what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Can you at least make the stats of the items worth it for rogue and sorcerer? Rogues barely get a 3-5% increase IF that. Most of it is simply a trade off. Warriors get a substantial increase. :/
    And yes, please make the stats better. It's all great that these items are rare, but please make it worth the effort. It's arguable whether my Imbued helm is even better than my mythic helm. My suggestion is to increase the base stats of all of these armors and helms a bit (increase STR/DEX/INT), both the dark crystal uncrafted versions and the Imbued crafted versions, and then make the Imbued crafted versions mythic items so that you can add a third gem to them. The armor/damage/crit numbers I think are fine as is.

IMO, the dark crystal legendary versions should be the best legendary armors and helms available, and right now some of the event gear is actually better. Then when you craft them to Imbued versions, those versions should be mythic rarity, which also fits with how rare they actually are.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-02-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

STS can you actually tell us what you are updating. Lots of changes that we don't know about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It seems like nobody looted the amulet the first couple of days, then suddenly the rate increased and tons were dropping, and now back to zero. Isn't there some in between place that is the happy medium? I do want it to be rare, but it would be nice if on most days you would see one for sale in the auction. We went from having 10 of them in the auction last week to now none. So maybe it needs a little bump in drop rate, but VERY LITTLE.

I don't have one yet, but still I want this to stay rare. It gives me something to work towards. But when you can't buy one at any price, that means it's a bit TOO rare.

Same goes for the dark crystal helms and armors. I like the fact that the planar chests are super rare, but maybe the armors and helms should have slightly higher drop rates from the planar chests. Just slightly, not a big increase. I don't want it to go from seeing none in the auction to seeing a dozen every day. How about seeing 1 or 2 for sale? That is what it should be.

And yes, please make the stats better. It's all great that these items are rare, but please make it worth the effort. It's arguable whether my Imbued helm is even better than my mythic helm. My suggestion is to increase the base stats of all of these armors and helms a bit (increase STR/DEX/INT), both the dark crystal uncrafted versions and the Imbued crafted versions, and then make the Imbued crafted versions mythic items so that you can add a third gem to them. The armor/damage/crit numbers I think are fine as is.

IMO, the dark crystal legendary versions should be the best legendary armors and helms available, and right now some of the event gear is actually better. Then when you craft them to Imbued versions, those versions should be mythic rarity, which also fits with how rare they actually are.
    Sts you guys need to hire this one...everything that comes out of his mouth is gold.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaachilles211 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Ok so, the few lucky ones who looted after the drop fix but before the nerf got their amulet, but no chance for the unlucky ones, great.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: