Default Lets talk about rarity and devaluation

Winter event yay!!!!

New armor and helms yay
    New mythic weapons yay
    New craftable locked crates yay

But what does it all mean and how will it effect your in game experience

Firstly i would like to talk about "rarity"

This is rarity as defined by merriam webster

: a person or thing that is not common or usual : a person or thing that is not seen or does not happen often

: something that is valuable because there are few of its kind

: the quality of being rare

Ok so now that we know what it means, how does it affect us?

Well it affects the in game economy hugely due to something called supply and demand.
    however that is a subject i will only briefly touch upon here.

Now lets talk for a moment about devaluation what is it?

This is devaluation defined by merriam webster

: an official reduction in the exchange value of a currency by a lowering of its gold equivalency or its value relative to another currency
    : a lessening especially of status or stature :

Ok so now we know what devaluation means lets put the two together and apply them to the current winter event announcement

New mythic weapons yay!!!! well kind of

Its only a yay for those people who do not currently own any mythic weapons, its actually bad news for current myth owners.... how so?

Because the less rare mythic items become, the less valueable they become.
    (believe me, after the winter event is done mythic weapons will actually become more common than they already are haha)

So now that all of the mythic weapons have been devalued and every single mythic weapon owners items have depreciated in value
    that translates to everyone who owns a mythic losing gold.

Ok so everyone loses gold equally whats the big deal????

Devaluation is intentionally happening. Think about it

If everyone loses gold then everyone will be forced to buy more plat to try and make that gold back.....
    but with every lock that gets opened the items become worth less and less
    therefore forcing you to use more plat to open more crates....for the same financial gain...than ever before in the past

The less items are worth that come out of locked, The more locked that would need to be opened to try and break even from before.......

Im not sure if i am explaining this the best way i can to make others understand and see what i see.

Conclusion: An intentional downward spiral created to promote more spending

Personally i feel new content should promote more spending.....but not by adding more and more and more of the same old content

Happy spending
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-02-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Yeah bad for the existing owners, true. Good for the new players and those, who still don't own one. 20 milllion currently for the slon bow! It truly is a bit too much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I dont mind sts greed "they got bills to pay and children to feed" what i dont like is how its poorly delivered. Ohi Sam i am still using level 31 ring. You could put vanities, rings, arcane and mythic pets in the lockeds why weapons...again. Last year we had 2 mythic release in 1 year. This year this is the third mythic weapon release in 5 months not to mention the double odds weekends that are flowing in abbundance. Lots of players quit but they compensate their absence by makin you who still plays open more lockeds. Double odds event just ended and in a week plus time we are expected to buy more plat...BS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

13 new mythics this cap, YEY
    9 weapons (including winter)
    1 pet
    1 crafting ingredient
    1 gem
    1 recipe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the problem is that gear has become way too common. Legendary used to mean it was rare, but now legendary are so common half of them cannot even be sold as they are worth less than the listing fee in the auction. There are more legendary armors in existence than there are players I'm sure. That should not be the case. Yes, locked crates have killed the market for gear, and these events have just added to the problem.

STS needs to come up with a way of making the lottery system not include a bunch of junk. When I was opening locks the other day, I actually was annoyed whenever I looted a legendary item as usually the minimum 2k gold reward is worth more, plus now I have to bother with trying to list the item for sale. Seriously, this stuff needs to be changed. Make it so that chests & crates no longer give 3 items, but instead give one single item, whether it be a gold reward, plat reward, legendary item, or mythic/arcane item. In the end this will cut down on the clutter of all this junk, and the items will be worth way more and actually be useful.

I know everyone wants to win the lottery jackpot, but if 10 million people all win the jackpot, then their share of the jackpot will each be $5. I don't think that's what anyone wants.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Sorry but i disagree with all my cells.
    3loots from crates is a sacred privilege.

Sts needs to stop releasing mythics every month then tell people to go farm for a mythic recipes as rare as a unicorns cause they want us to work hard for it.....illogic crap.
    They should work on a way to give average players enough gold to buy mythic weapons not saturate the market.

On one side they dont care if a average player can gain enough gold on the other they dont care the mythic players are losing gold.

All they care about is money.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 12-03-2014 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Winter event yay!!!!

New armor and helms yay
    New mythic weapons yay
    New craftable locked crates yay

But what does it all mean and how will it effect your in game experience

Firstly i would like to talk about "rarity"

This is rarity as defined by merriam webster

: a person or thing that is not common or usual : a person or thing that is not seen or does not happen often

: something that is valuable because there are few of its kind

: the quality of being rare

Ok so now that we know what it means, how does it affect us?

Well it affects the in game economy hugely due to something called supply and demand.
    however that is a subject i will only briefly touch upon here.

Now lets talk for a moment about devaluation what is it?

This is devaluation defined by merriam webster

: an official reduction in the exchange value of a currency by a lowering of its gold equivalency or its value relative to another currency
    : a lessening especially of status or stature :

Ok so now we know what devaluation means lets put the two together and apply them to the current winter event announcement

New mythic weapons yay!!!! well kind of

Its only a yay for those people who do not currently own any mythic weapons, its actually bad news for current myth owners.... how so?

Because the less rare mythic items become, the less valueable they become.
    (believe me, after the winter event is done mythic weapons will actually become more common than they already are haha)

So now that all of the mythic weapons have been devalued and every single mythic weapon owners items have depreciated in value
    that translates to everyone who owns a mythic losing gold.

Ok so everyone loses gold equally whats the big deal????

Devaluation is intentionally happening. Think about it

If everyone loses gold then everyone will be forced to buy more plat to try and make that gold back.....
    but with every lock that gets opened the items become worth less and less
    therefore forcing you to use more plat to open more crates....for the same financial gain...than ever before in the past

The less items are worth that come out of locked, The more locked that would need to be opened to try and break even from before.......

Im not sure if i am explaining this the best way i can to make others understand and see what i see.

Conclusion: An intentional downward spiral created to promote more spending

Personally i feel new content should promote more spending.....but not by adding more and more and more of the same old content

Happy spending
    I quit reading at "Merriem-Webster"

Oxford is the English standard.

Please fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradev View Post
    I quit reading at "Merriem-Webster"

Oxford is the English standard.

Please fix.
    Why dont you go open a school man.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Bring back 50k gold loot from crates, no plat farmers, no excuse to still using the same gold sink system we used when we had plat farmers

50k gold loot from crate will definitely help revive our market

13. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

I know everyone wants to win the lottery jackpot, but if 10 million people all win the jackpot, then their share of the jackpot will each be $5. I don't think that's what anyone wants.
    I do....this is what I want. Because I know I am the best and will not be touched by any player of equal gear regardless of class. I have maybe 5 or 6 rivals in this game who are an interesting match. The first test server was the most fun I have seen people ever have in this game. Everyone was ringed, and CTF rooms were stuffed with names you'd never heard of getting a chance to shine...none of the downfalls of the regular client like rooms clearing because Karma or Magnum cleared them.

I love seeing CTF rooms filled with players from guilds I've never seen at end game, watching them fight and have fun, and never interfering...it reminds of when the game was fun for me and makes me happy. It happens once every couple months. And the rest of the time, all the time, these players stand huddled in their spawns while the infamous guilds move from spawn to spawn killing until they all are farmed out.

Regular players deserve to have fun, that's why I never fight names I don't recognize or undergeareds or lesser guilds. Because it is wrong. That's why I fight only your guild and 1 or 2 others, that's why I fight disadvantaged and ganged, that's why I fight OP tanks, that's why KDR has no value, and that's why I'm unstoppable on even ground.

I have spent far more than almost any player in this game, I'm sure. Several thousand dollars and counting. I have worked and sacrificed for all my items more than most due to notoriously bad luck. And I support the idea of everyone getting geared any way.

I support the dismantling of guild leaderboard, kdr, capless guilds...all of it. It's all wrong.

And by the way, you know what made test server the most fun? The fact that it was Android exclusive. Most of the iOS platcheats never arrived.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conradev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think the problem is that gear has become way too common. Legendary used to mean it was rare, but now legendary are so common half of them cannot even be sold as they are worth less than the listing fee in the auction. There are more legendary armors in existence than there are players I'm sure. That should not be the case. Yes, locked crates have killed the market for gear, and these events have just added to the problem.

STS needs to come up with a way of making the lottery system not include a bunch of junk. When I was opening locks the other day, I actually was annoyed whenever I looted a legendary item as usually the minimum 2k gold reward is worth more, plus now I have to bother with trying to list the item for sale. Seriously, this stuff needs to be changed. Make it so that chests & crates no longer give 3 items, but instead give one single item, whether it be a gold reward, plat reward, legendary item, or mythic/arcane item. In the end this will cut down on the clutter of all this junk, and the items will be worth way more and actually be useful.

I agree that legendary gear has become too common...but you cannot complain about drop rates of recipes and planar chests in one section of the forum then complain that there is too much crate gear and pink drops on another...I agree that there is too much. This is why farming is ignorant, Eric.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The problem with the economy is not lack of gold. It's lack of middle class gear. For example, the best sorcerer gun costs more than 10m gold, yet the second best sorcerer gun cost 500 gold and more of them exist than there are sorcerers in the game (they come from locked crates). There is something wrong with that picture. Shouldn't there be something in the middle? Yet there is not. So everyone is running around with expedition rifles, and there is no logical next upgrade unless you have 15m to spend on an elondrian rifle, which most players don't. There needs to be a logical path of upgrades in terms of gear with no huge jumps along the way.

I just use the rifles as an example, but the same thing exists for quite a lot of the gear in this game. Across the board there is basically the "best" item in each category which is insanely expensive, and then the second best item is so common it's worth 1k at best. So of course there will be no middle class. There is no middle class gear.

In seasons 1-3, you had the elite legendary gear which was very desired for middle class players. I remember paying 300k for a sealord helm, and I used that until I could afford the mythic helm, which was 3m at the time. Now tell me an end game helm that cost 300k? Or even 50k. There is mythic and then everything else cost less than 10k. So you have the upper class with the mythics and arcanes, and then you have the rest of the players who wear the poor man's gear.

With everything coming from locked crates now, elite gear (other than warrior sword) is pretty useless. If event gear was only to come from the event chests, then it would stay somewhat rare. But because it comes in the event locked crates, STS has no control over how many drop, so players pop thousands of crates and the market becomes flooded. So with this new "itemization" schedule of every event having better gear than the last one, elite gear that drops from regular elite dungeons is only interesting for the first month after an expansion. Once the first event wave comes, we are left with nothing to do in between events. No big surprise that they had a crate sale and "double odds" weekend as there is really not much to do other than pop crates and wait for the next event. (and of course pvp)

They need to figure out how to get people interested in poping locked crates by the thousands without flooding the market with gear. If they cannot do that, then this game will fail.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-03-2014 at 03:58 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

It was better to actually have the 50k drops from lockeds than getting 25k...25k...25k...zzzzz at least that 50k is capable of reviving some part of the market. It would've been great to have it. I hit that 25kx3 just before the 50k was removed...felt too lucky...but locks are killing the market now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Current mythics only changed with the looks statwise no need to be alarmed. This new mythic should not really increase or decrease current mythics value. Only each mythics "facelift" is considered by seller as possible price increase.

Thus the point is no need to change your elondrians mythic weapons unless being up-to-date is your thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Current mythics only changed with the looks statwise no need to be alarmed. This new mythic should not really increase or decrease current mythics value. Only each mythics "facelift" is considered by seller as possible price increase.

Thus the point is no need to change your elondrians mythic weapons unless being up-to-date is your thing.
    The price of a mazda 6 is 25,000$, they make 1,000,000 mazda 6 cars a year, at the end of the year the ones that arent sold yet are going on sale
    Now imagine they made 1,500,000 cars a year, i promise you the price would decrease.

Its not about the facelift its about the fact there are so many out there (talking about mythic weapons again)
    Ofcourse it will decrease the mythic weapon prices, thats marking 101 for you, more quantity = lesser price.

Name:  economics8.gif
Views: 650
Size:  10.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradev View Post
    I do....this is what I want. Because I know I am the best and will not be touched by any player of equal gear regardless of class. I have maybe 5 or 6 rivals in this game who are an interesting match. The first test server was the most fun I have seen people ever have in this game. Everyone was ringed, and CTF rooms were stuffed with names you'd never heard of getting a chance to shine...none of the downfalls of the regular client like rooms clearing because Karma or Magnum cleared them.

I love seeing CTF rooms filled with players from guilds I've never seen at end game, watching them fight and have fun, and never interfering...it reminds of when the game was fun for me and makes me happy. It happens once every couple months. And the rest of the time, all the time, these players stand huddled in their spawns while the infamous guilds move from spawn to spawn killing until they all are farmed out.

Regular players deserve to have fun, that's why I never fight names I don't recognize or undergeareds or lesser guilds. Because it is wrong. That's why I fight only your guild and 1 or 2 others, that's why I fight disadvantaged and ganged, that's why I fight OP tanks, that's why KDR has no value, and that's why I'm unstoppable on even ground.

I have spent far more than almost any player in this game, I'm sure. Several thousand dollars and counting. I have worked and sacrificed for all my items more than most due to notoriously bad luck. And I support the idea of everyone getting geared any way.

I support the dismantling of guild leaderboard, kdr, capless guilds...all of it. It's all wrong.

And by the way, you know what made test server the most fun? The fact that it was Android exclusive. Most of the iOS platcheats never arrived.
    It sounds like an MMORPG is not the kind of game you are really looking for. It sounds like the PvE part of the game is pretty useless to you and you only really want a PvP version where everyone is geared the same. There are a ton of battle type games out there that fit what you want, but MMORPGs are meant to be primarily PvE games with some PvE thrown into the mix, not the other way around.

The idea of an MMO is that you are on a constant quest to get better gear in the PvE part of the game. I enjoyed playing PL for quite some time and rarely ever stepped foot in a PvP room. The first few months of AL was also like that and is what I liked about the game. But in recent seasons, with the decline of farming and the increase in popping of locked crates, it seems like AL has become a PvP game with some optional PvE thrown in if you cannot afford to just buy your gear with real money. I'm not sure what that is, but it's not an MMO.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-03-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

This is the exact reason I don't buy mythic or arcane weapons when they come out and just invest in discontinued gear and legendary weapons.

Prices only go down on mythic and arcane weapons. Some thing new is gonna replace everything soon. Eventually Ill buy them for my collection when they are dirt cheap tho and this is helping it to happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Thumbs up Introduce 100k maybe even rare 500k too in locked!

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Bring back 50k gold loot from crates, no plat farmers, no excuse to still using the same gold sink system we used when we had plat farmers

50k gold loot from crate will definitely help revive our market
    I completely agree... it's time for the 50k to come back!!!! It was the plat farmers that were ruining the game before NOT the 50k in locked some seemed to convince everyone of!!!!!!!!! Props to mata for bringing it UP!!! huhu! This whole thing kinda cracks me up in a way... remember all the gold sink threads... I knew it was a bad idea... now since you can't make anything farming you know what's rare in the game now... GOLD IS RARE!!!

Bring back the 50k in locked heck make a 100k in locked!!!! Maybe even a 500k that's rarer even!!!

Mata is also correct about supply and demand but part of the reason the prices are low isn't even the supply of the weapons (although that contributes) it's the LACK OF GOLD!
    Last edited by notfaded1; 12-03-2014 at 08:44 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

yeah being them back and 100+ for faded his idea, maybe when this will happen' locks will go up again to there old prizes 15-20 k

Join enigmatic, the best pve guild in al! We are Enigmatic, we are ONE!
    Want a sig (for free) pm me on forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

guys im losing idea bout the game but i need to pay my bills, would you mind to help me?

-Anonymous