Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Energel View Post
    First post, gah, here goes nothing.

1) what is the cheapest method to buy all levels of the game? (meaning areas, not actual levels)
    2) I'm level 13 and have no more quests to do in dark forest and forest haven, do I just have to grind it out? If so where is the best place?

Thanks guys/girls.
    1. Cheapest method is buying the dungeon packs.

2. You can get up to level 15 I believe but after that the next place is the castle. You can grind to level up as high as possible or just go to the next campaign.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the helpful response.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    1. People just like to friend everyone just because. It's your preference whether you accept or not. On my main account I only have level 55 and 56 players and friend alts due to the fact that there used to be power leveling and I didn't want lower levels in a Sewer game. On my others I only accept players I have run with and they show they are proficient.
    People just like larger friends lists for the sake of counting them or something? "Because" implies that hitting that button is somehow inherently enjoyable, and nothing exciting happens to me when I hit it...

Or maybe the answer to 2 is part of the answer; if you add everyone in the game to your friends list then you have more information on everyone in the game.

4. I don't believe so. Dungeons are at a specific difficulty and are easier with a full, competent group as opposed to soloing.
    My experience has been that dungeons are easiest with a full party, but they are easier to solo than duo. I figured a full party meant that benefit of synergies between different classes outweighed the scaling, but two wasn't enough to get that benefit. But maybe they're just easier to solo than duo because typically that second person doesn't pull as carefully as I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bleuebird View Post
    Thanks for the helpful response.

People just like larger friends lists for the sake of counting them or something? "Because" implies that hitting that button is somehow inherently enjoyable, and nothing exciting happens to me when I hit it...

Or maybe the answer to 2 is part of the answer; if you add everyone in the game to your friends list then you have more information on everyone in the game.
    I would say that a possible reason could be that the more friends you have the more games you can join. If you have a wider variety of games to join then you don't have to worry about PUGs. Also, lower levels try to friend higher levels because then if they need help they have a higher level to turn to.

Quote Originally Posted by bleuebird View Post
    My experience has been that dungeons are easiest with a full party, but they are easier to solo than duo. I figured a full party meant that benefit of synergies between different classes outweighed the scaling, but two wasn't enough to get that benefit. But maybe they're just easier to solo than duo because typically that second person doesn't pull as carefully as I do.
    It really depends on where you are and how much time you want to spend on it. Soloing at the higher dungeons is VERY hard. I would never recommend trying to do Keeper due to the fact that you can spend 30 minutes on it if you're not a bird. Also, try soloing a boss in the Sewers and let me know how long it took to get through the mobs and then the boss...lol...I can only imagine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I saw the chart that explains how much EXP you get based on threat level (see below).

I'm curious about how it works when you're in groups. I've seen that you get bonus EXP if you're in groups. How does that work? Is it the bigger the group, the better? Or do you just need one other? I'd love to get more details on this. Also, does having a higher level player in the group affect the EXP you get? Would the higher level player cause more enemies to be RED?

Grey - zero exp per kill
    Blue - 1/3 exp per kill
    White - 1/2 exp per kill
    Yellow - 1 exp per kill
    Green - Similar to grey, but only for alien oasis 3 for some odd reason
    Red - 1 exp per kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I try not to be a bother to people in the game. I just started and occasionally end up in a dungeon with people over lvl 30, while I haven't broken 10 yet. I usually leave, unless I am there for a quest, in which case I stay to try to get it done. Anyway, that's beside the point.
    I was wondering if there were a guide somewhere as to where to go to level up? I am still getting used to exploring the game world, but my quests keep taking me to harder and harder places and thought I might head to some other areas to work up a level or two. Also, I was just sort of wondering how far I can level before I should think about investing in some of the add-on dungeons and stuff. I enjoy the game so far, and I think I'll get at least some of them, but just wondering what sort leveling I can do outside of them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Forest haven - 1-10
    Dark forest - 10-15
    balefort castle -15-20
    fathom crypt - 20-25
    lost expedition - 25-30
    ancient swamps - 30-35
    alien oasis(ao)1 - 35-40
    ao2 - 40-45
    ao3 45-50
    balefort sewers - 50-56.

You can play each new campaign when you're two levels lower than the minimun, and continue to get XP until you are 3 levels higher. To get the most XP, make sure that the threat level is red. You'll continue to get XP up until three levels higher than the max. level, but it will be reduced.

there are a few side maps to level up to too:
    wyldwood - 15-20
    sand stone caves - 20-25
    frozen night mares, croc feud, and skeller crunch returns - 30-35
    shadow caves - 50

Feel free to add us, we'll go through the ropes with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azophet View Post
    I try not to be a bother to people in the game. I just started and occasionally end up in a dungeon with people over lvl 30, while I haven't broken 10 yet. I usually leave, unless I am there for a quest, in which case I stay to try to get it done. Anyway, that's beside the point.
    I was wondering if there were a guide somewhere as to where to go to level up? I am still getting used to exploring the game world, but my quests keep taking me to harder and harder places and thought I might head to some other areas to work up a level or two. Also, I was just sort of wondering how far I can level before I should think about investing in some of the add-on dungeons and stuff. I enjoy the game so far, and I think I'll get at least some of them, but just wondering what sort leveling I can do outside of them?
    There are some guides in the Players Guides forum that talk about quests and leveling up so definitely check there.

If you go to the world map and click (not enter) on each are you will see how many quests you have completed for that specfic area. So you can make sure you are getting all your quests done if that is your wish.

Also, the world map shows you the recommended level for each campaign and I believe you can enter at 2 below or 3 above and still get XP. That means that the recommended XP for Lost Expedition is 25-30. You can start playing there at level 23 and keep gaining XP until level 33. So this gives you more time to remain in a lower area and level up as high as possible before moving on.

Make sure you join games with a full team in the higher campaigns, as that makes life a lot easier. And if you don't mind hanging on for the ride don't worry about joining those games with higher players. They do most of the work and you get the XP. Most players are okay with that, otherwise they wouldn't be there. If they're not then just leave and join another team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Forest haven - 1-10
    Dark forest - 10-15
    balefort castle -15-20
    fathom crypt - 20-25
    lost expedition - 25-30
    ancient swamps - 30-35
    alien oasis(ao)1 - 35-40
    ao2 - 40-45
    ao3 45-50
    balefort sewers - 50-56.

You can play each new campaign when you're two levels lower than the minimun, and continue to get XP until you are 3 levels higher. To get the most XP, make sure that the threat level is red. You'll continue to get XP up until three levels higher than the max. level, but it will be reduced.

there are a few side maps to level up to too:
    wyldwood - 15-20
    sand stone caves - 20-25
    frozen night mares, croc feud, and skeller crunch returns - 30-35
    shadow caves - 50

Feel free to add us, we'll go through the ropes with you.
    Ahh, that is a handy little quick reference, so I thank you very much. And so far, no one has said anything about me being along for the ride, so I haven't worried about it too much. I come to this game mostly from playing MUDs.

There are some guides in the Players Guides forum that talk about quests and leveling up so definitely check there.

If you go to the world map and click (not enter) on each are you will see how many quests you have completed for that specfic area. So you can make sure you are getting all your quests done if that is your wish.

Also, the world map shows you the recommended level for each campaign and I believe you can enter at 2 below or 3 above and still get XP. That means that the recommended XP for Lost Expedition is 25-30. You can start playing there at level 23 and keep gaining XP until level 33. So this gives you more time to remain in a lower area and level up as high as possible before moving on.

Make sure you join games with a full team in the higher campaigns, as that makes life a lot easier. And if you don't mind hanging on for the ride don't worry about joining those games with higher players. They do most of the work and you get the XP. Most players are okay with that, otherwise they wouldn't be there. If they're not then just leave and join another team.
    I will remember that, thank you very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do you make a new account? i forgot -_-
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    How do you make a new account? i forgot -_-
    There should be button upon initial startup when you have to put in your password that gives you the option to create a new account with a new email. Creating a new character is different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

quick qn: how do you beat the galacticoverlord?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry another question... if you have 26 pots.. say because you took them from your stash, can you still receive any more while in dungeons or is the natural limit capped at 25?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingscv View Post
    sorry another question... if you have 26 pots.. say because you took them from your stash, can you still receive any more while in dungeons or is the natural limit capped at 25?
    It is capped - if you have 26 in your inventory the mobs start to drop items instead of pots. Some players stash all pots then go in lower level to farm health pots. I do prefer farming low level items, liquidate them and use the money for buying pots at Ellie in Forest Heaven town - 100 for 1500 gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the best low level spell for a Mage to assign points to, as far as damage goes? I know I should flood points into heal and at least one in revive to start, but what damage should I focus on first?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azophet View Post
    What is the best low level spell for a Mage to assign points to, as far as damage goes? I know I should flood points into heal and at least one in revive to start, but what damage should I focus on first?
    Hard to say. I grew Firestorm and Icestorm, that allow you to make combo by themselves and keep enemies at distance while doing damage. But Lightning does the best combo in game along with birds' root and Drain Life is great against bosses, they deserve some points too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    Hard to say. I grew Firestorm and Icestorm, that allow you to make combo by themselves and keep enemies at distance while doing damage. But Lightning does the best combo in game along with birds' root and Drain Life is great against bosses, they deserve some points too.
    Heh, yeah I will look up later what spells are unnecessary to worry about in later levels. I was just curious as to what people thought I should focus more on in the lower ranks is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sorry if already been touched on...but is there a way to turn off cinematics so i don't get lagged and sometimes die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can someone please help me. I can't find reference on it. I was in Load out and hit an inventory slot, I was quickly disrobed/disarmed (unequipped) and now my gear says I am not strong enough to wear it. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Natalie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

^my guess is equip what you can wear that gives STR bonus...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nesper View Post
    sorry if already been touched on...but is there a way to turn off cinematics so i don't get lagged and sometimes die

Currently I believe the only option is to lower the pixels (if that even works). I've played with some people who say if you have push notifications enabled it can cause lag for others and that having more than just PL running in the background also contributes to lag. First option is to turn off all that u can first and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ntillman View Post
    Can someone please help me. I can't find reference on it. I was in Load out and hit an inventory slot, I was quickly disrobed/disarmed (unequipped) and now my gear says I am not strong enough to wear it. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Natalie
    Ummmm...drawing a blank on load out but the most common reason you can't wear an item is because you don't have enough skill points in that category or are not a high enough level. Make sure it's the right level for you and you have enough int/dex/str stats equipped to wear it. Also, you might be able to try something on but that doesn't mean you can actually play in it yet.