Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't seen this 'threat level' thing--maybe because when it appears, I'm too busy fighting. Can someone please post a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    FAQ:

"Specifically, white threat level is desired when using a level 10 character in a level 10 map to get a level 10 item. If the threat color is still yellow, for instance, even if all the party is level 10 in DF1, the drop is level 11. So the variable is drop level and the constants are threat level and highest level player in a party. As more opponents are destroyed, the threat level decreases. For instance, one player level 10 in DF1 (a level 10 map) can get the threat level to white with about 22 remaining, whereas 2 players will need to get the remaining bad guys down to about 18, and three players need to get the bad guys down to about 13, etc. for the threat to become white in color. There are exceptions: especially some gear that has minimum levels. For instance, if a level 1 is solo in FH1 and gets an axe, that will be a level 2 item since there are no level 1 axes. The other exception is a solo lowbie in a high level will get the minimum level for that map even if the threat is yellow or red. I tested this with a level 5 in DF1 and the threat never stopped being red, but the drops were level 10." - Snakespear
    I reread this and I get the gist of it, but, if you don't mind, can you please confirm this--I was once asked by a level 50 to join them to farm (I'm level 30), and I'm wondering about the effects of the level of the characters. I got the impression from the quote above that there is no connection between level of characters and the threat level, and then... you lost me there (sorry!).

And thanks for doing this, a real boon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A very very far fetched notion

This is simply me being extremely hopeful and would probably send most of you experienced players into fits...

Are you ready?

Okay... *deep breath*

When you buy those headphones, do you get different theme music playing?

cuz that would really rock

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaBear View Post
    I haven't seen this 'threat level' thing--maybe because when it appears, I'm too busy fighting. Can someone please post a screenshot?

I reread this and I get the gist of it, but, if you don't mind, can you please confirm this--I was once asked by a level 50 to join them to farm (I'm level 30), and I'm wondering about the effects of the level of the characters. I got the impression from the quote above that there is no connection between level of characters and the threat level, and then... you lost me there (sorry!).

And thanks for doing this, a real boon!
    Threat Levels determine how much Experience is granted per kill in a dungeon. You get experience even if you weren't the one who killed the enemy. The exp rates are as such:

Grey - zero exp per kill
    Blue - 1/3 exp per kill
    White - 1/2 exp per kill
    Yellow - 1 exp per kill
    Green - Similar to grey, but only for alien oasis 3 for some odd reason
    Red - 1 exp per kill

Edit: You effect the level of drops and enemies in higher level parties. But it only goes down to the minimum suggested level of the party, depending on the players. So, example:

5 level 30's are running Balefort Sewers. Balefort Sewers is a level 51-55 dungeon. The monsters and loot will be 51. Now, the second a level 55-56 joins that party, all monsters in the party bump up to 55 and all loots bump up to 55. It's a hard concept to explain.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

gosh, after being bored and scrolling through I've noticed how much work you put into this Brandon. I seriously hope you are the next guardian of arterra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I'd advise replacing support @ spacetimestudios.com with support[at]spacetimestudios.com to prevent spam bots from picking up the address. Small chance but still.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't wanna ask on forums because Banned/TT and various other will flame me.. " Made me laugh but are the forums really that aggressive now?

Buy Maplestory Mesos
    Rift Platinum
    Buy RS Gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey SundayForever, the forums are a good place to seek some support and find out the answers to any questions you have. As with any forum though, there are some rude and inconsiderate posters who lack a little in the way of personal skills but they are generally drowned out by the vast majority of friendly and helpful regulars of all ages and abilities.. Welcome along and take a look at the link in my signature for a list of the guides that some of the more experienced and respected members have taken the time to create.

This thread in particular was created to ensure any question can be added without fear of criticism. Any flaming/trolling your questions won't be tolerated on this thread.

Good luck..
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

so quick question...if i purchase an elixer does it immediately go into effect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nesper View Post
    so quick question...if i purchase an elixer does it immediately go into effect?
    Yes and it will last for 5 minutes, till you die or if you change stages or use a portal to another stage
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ahhh so going to next level will also remove it. ok good to know, thank you for your quick response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there any way to get rid of the flashing yellow exclamation maek that appears at bottom of my screen in areas i can no longer get credit? Ive gone into my settings and switched exp gain off to see if it would make a difference but ir didnt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordspector View Post
    Is there any way to get rid of the flashing yellow exclamation maek that appears at bottom of my screen in areas i can no longer get credit? Ive gone into my settings and switched exp gain off to see if it would make a difference but ir didnt.
    Unfortunately. There isn't. You will just have to deal with it. You can minimize it though, by tapping on it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I seem to be doing missions to craft everyday but i dont quiet understand how it goes...Whenever i return and complete the mission i get rewarded with leather, cloth etc which i then go to craft item and i can only do cloth recipe and leather recipe but i never seem to be able to do mage hats, armour etc?? Is there something im doing wrong maybe?
    Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On forest haven theres an area blocked off called hidden area.whats it about and how do i get there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azuless View Post
    I seem to be doing missions to craft everyday but i dont quiet understand how it goes...Whenever i return and complete the mission i get rewarded with leather, cloth etc which i then go to craft item and i can only do cloth recipe and leather recipe but i never seem to be able to do mage hats, armour etc?? Is there something im doing wrong maybe?
    Thank you!
    Hey Azuless

For crafting you need a recipe. You'll see that the ones you have done so far, the recipes have been free.... sort of like a training exercise on how to craft items which could be used for further crafting...

Hats, armour, etc also need recipes but these aren't freely available as the others. You have to play the game and hope that they drop but they are very rare. For recipes for Forest Haven levels you need to be playing maps over and over again in the hope that you will get the item you are hoping will drop. This is called farming.

The best successes for farming lvl5 and lvl15 recipes have been said to be in Meathead's Deli, but like i have said they are very rare. One senior player has recently taken a break for the game as he wasn't succesful after days/weeks of farming for these recipes..... It's all down to luck... I have heard of people getting 3 recipes in the same day.

Take a look at the link in my signature which is a list of some of the most useful guides there are on the forums. Take a look at the crafting section for some good guides/tips.

Good Luck
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah cool, sorry for delay responding-- didn't have time before. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have just started playing an enchantress (level 9) and I am wondering if it is possible to heal other players with my heal spell or only myself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Once you cast heal you'll automatically heal all members of the team including yourself. Those who are out of the spell range will not get healed though.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.. Love leaves a memory no one can steal..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hi people. ^^ I have a question. Anyone know the exact map where I can farm a level 19 pink shield? I need to know which chapter of Balefort. Thanks.