Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the bottom of my screen the only options I have are toggle unregistered/registered account and forgot password. Is there perhaps a different way to register? Im using a droid right now if that helps at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

to defeat gurgox in AOpart 3 do you need to race around the arena collecting the green orbs while shooting gurgox at the same time?
    I find this is the only way to survive his blast that kills you in one hit if you dont have the green orb on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugosukmeoff View Post
    to defeat gurgox in AOpart 3 do you need to race around the arena collecting the green orbs while shooting gurgox at the same time?
    I find this is the only way to survive his blast that kills you in one hit if you dont have the green orb on?
    Yes.

When you see/hear he starts to charge, run to take orb. Repeat as many times as he is dead. Thats the tactic against it, if you have full group it's good to leave orbs for mages as priority #1. So they can rev if someone dies.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    1.) No, Spacetime's drop system is the fairest system out there, based on absolute 100% luck, nothing else effects it. If theres one person in the party or 100,000 people in the party, you still have the same exact chance of getting a rare drop.

I have two questions about this.

1. Just recently, I think in this thread somewhere, I read that the more people in a group the greater the chance of a rare dropping. So, does a group with two people have the same chance of getting a rare as a group with four people, or the same chance as a full group?

2. I'm sure the part of your post that I quoted makes since. I'm just not following it. If I'm in a group with 2 players and a rare drops, I have 1 chance out of 2 of getting that drop. But, if I'm in a group with 4 players my chances drop to 1 out of 4, right? What do you mean about 100,000 people being in the party and everyone having the same drop rate?
    What their referring to is that each player in the party adds to the overall drop percentage. But overal drop percentage doesn't effect you, unless your in a group that splits every drop.

Each player has a "Roll". Think of this like your playing dice on a computer calculator with decimals. Every time you kill a monster, chest, or boss, you will make a roll. This roll is a randomly selected number variable in a list of possible numbers. Some items, like gold, or trash items will have several number combinations. Then rarer items will have less number combinations. Like getting a Vyxnaar helmet would require you to hit a number, as an example, 29.152. But you could hit anywere from 0.001 , all the way up to 29.152. Meaning you have only a 0.29152% drop chance (Again just example numbers). So this number is randomly selected, and no other factors affect it, (time in dungeon, bosses killed, order, players in party, character type, pink dropping rumors, ect).

So for increased drop rate with more people in a party, they mean that there will be 5 rolls on that boss, increasing overall drop rates. Not that if there is 5 people in a party, that you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 rolls or anything like that.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by hugosukmeoff View Post
    No, you have to time it right to survive Gurgux. Gurgux has a special move, he sends out a mega blast that kills everyone in the room that does not have a orb active. He does his special about every 15-30 seconds. You can tell that his special move is coming, because he will growl really loud for a good 7-10 seconds. So when you hear the growl, run and grab a orb.

Also, don't run around the room gathering orbs. There are only 6 in the room, and they don't have fast respawn rates. Your team will get really mad at you, because you will be taking all the orbs they can use, and they will all keep dieing.

Quote Originally Posted by OsOmne View Post
    At the bottom of my screen the only options I have are toggle unregistered/registered account and forgot password. Is there perhaps a different way to register? Im using a droid right now if that helps at all.
    I'm not sure if I understand what your saying. Could you send us a screenshot of what it shows on your phone?

If it is not allowing you to do anything, like log in, or put your username/password in, then you will need to contact support@spacetimestudios.com

Last edited by Pharcyde; 06-27-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

lol excuse me if im late but that cat carrier pic was pretty funny....
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing PL for almost a month now and I'm stuck with some questions to ask, any replies will be greatly appreciated

I. When someone challenge me to a 1 v. 1 duel, they keeps on complaining that i've rushed? Ok first of all they want to PvP with me and now they're blaming their loss on me? I mean it's just a game you have no need to get fumed at ppl. Why are they acting like that all the sudden?

II. What is weapon Proc. and what does the 'Nightmare" combo do?

III. And finally what does energy orbs do?

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My pl always freezes what do I do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WereTalonted View Post
    My pl always freezes what do I do?
    Freezes? The whole game stops? Have you tried uninstalling and installing again?
    Last edited by Navygreen; 09-13-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AsianPower View Post
    I've been playing PL for almost a month now and I'm stuck with some questions to ask, any replies will be greatly appreciated

I. When someone challenge me to a 1 v. 1 duel, they keeps on complaining that i've rushed? Ok first of all they want to PvP with me and now they're blaming their loss on me? I mean it's just a game you have no need to get fumed at ppl. Why are they acting like that all the sudden?

II. What is weapon Proc. and what does the 'Nightmare" combo do?

III. And finally what does energy orbs do?

Thank you.
    1. I have never pvp'd anyone yet, but apparently there's a certain etiquette involved when battling someone. Some styles of playing are frowned upon. Maybe because they make the battle unfair in a way? I'm not totally sure, but check out some threads on that subject.

2. Check out this combo guide. Weapon proc is also discussed in that thread.

3. Here's a guide to what orbs do in the game.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 09-13-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing for five days and I'm level 27. One question: What's a mod? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont understand the 'resurrect' spell. It supposedly brings your friends back immediately when they die? From what I've seen, when you die, you just respawn at the entrance, would resurrect bring them back to where you are? I've tried it a few times, but it never worked. Its really hard to tell when others have died too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see some birds appearance is different, and establish the role of game of three different, is how to obtain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeerQueen View Post
    I've been playing for five days and I'm level 27. One question: What's a mod? Thanks.

A mod? you've seen this word used in game or on the forums? A mod on the forums is the moderator who has extra abilities to help keep the forum organized. A mod in the game? Never heard of it unless i've missed out on one of the terms used in game.

Quote Originally Posted by zygut View Post
    I dont understand the 'resurrect' spell. It supposedly brings your friends back immediately when they die? From what I've seen, when you die, you just respawn at the entrance, would resurrect bring them back to where you are? I've tried it a few times, but it never worked. Its really hard to tell when others have died too...

When you resurrect someone who has died, they have to accept the revive by pressing the 'Accept Revive' button that appears when they're dead. They have to actually wait for someone to revive them. If they don't wait and they press spawn at entrance then that's where they'll go. When you revive someone and they accept it, they will appear exactly where they died.

As a mage, you should watch your party's health meter listed on the left side of the screen. The red bar is the health meter, the blue bar is the mana meter. When someone dies, a red exclamation point will appear next to their name. Revive them as soon as you can safely do so. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jovi412 View Post
    I see some birds appearance is different, and establish the role of game of three different, is how to obtain

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Yes you can change your appearance by purchasing a new face with Platinum. Each face also has stat benefits. And yes there's also some birds who focus more on other roles as opposed to just being a DEX bird.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 09-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question:

What's C.O.T.? I'm aware that it's some sort of guild, but all I come across is people flaming it. And, how do you add a siginature? Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeerQueen View Post
    Question:

What's C.O.T.? I'm aware that it's some sort of guild, but all I come across is people flaming it. And, how do you add a siginature? Thanks!
    C.O.T. is a guild that has been fairly successful in the game. Whatever anyone has to say about any other guild here is just an opinion. Don't worry about flaming, just ignore it.

To add a signature, Click 'Settings > Edit Signature'.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Navygreen; 09-27-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you!
    Level 35 Enchantress