Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Klutch will be in the start of map 5 for the turn in. If you look at your quest log it tells you when you click on the quest. "Find Klutch in Forest Haven Chapter 5 for your reward" on the right hand side ones you click on the quest in your log. There is also a go to button on the bottom right of your quest log once you click on the quest in your log.
    Last edited by Cabero; 02-15-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I just picked up a Presto's Gem in Meathead's Deli as well.
    I got a Gladiator's Gem there as well. Edit: actually 2... trying to sell one off...
    Last edited by Duke; 02-15-2011 at 10:19 AM.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a teddy bear, should i ever up my intelligence or dexterity, what does dexterity even mean? -

Also in your experience is it better to trade or giveaway items when you get new ones, or is it better to sell them in the store? Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArkAngel0o0 View Post
    I'm a teddy bear, should i ever up my intelligence or dexterity, what does dexterity even mean?
    In general, you should consult the very well-made class guide for your class (check the Warrior subforum). This will explain the options and why each choice works or doesn't work in a specific build concept.

Also in your experience is it better to trade or giveaway items when you get new ones, or is it better to sell them in the store? Thanks!
    I generally just liquidate anything epic (purple) or lower. Haven't had much luck with trading, slightly better in the consignment shop. I do have a pretty full stash, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the difference between the lost expedition and the elite frozen dungeon? Which is recommended?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobmccarther View Post
    What is the difference between the lost expedition and the elite frozen dungeon? Which is recommended?
    Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high.
    I do not know how new this is but it seems like we can use pots in the elite frozen dungeon now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I do not know how new this is but it seems like we can use pots in the elite frozen dungeon now?
    Yes, you can. Even with a level 30-33 character, I don't really see much of a need, given that you should already have some decent regen going, plus the blue/green orbs in a pinch. Of course, by the time I realize a need a health pot, my reactions aren't quick enough to use it on time anyway.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    does more people= less % chance you get a rarer item? i saw on a diff. thread a long time ago
    does threat level effect drop rate?
    does more people in a game cause higher ping?
    1.) No, Spacetime's drop system is the fairest system out there, based on absolute 100% luck, nothing else effects it. If theres one person in the party or 100,000 people in the party, you still have the same exact chance of getting a rare drop.

2.) No, People have made superstitions based on countless cases of bad luck that lower levels have higher drop rates in high dungeons and higher levels have lower drop rates in low dungeons, all just superstitions and bad luck. Threat level however effects what level of items are dropped in a level range. Level 10 Pink Farming is a perfect example of that. The harder the opponent (or higher threat level), the higher level the drops were. Once you dropped the threat level, items dropped were much lower level. This same concept was also used in getting level 10 Holiday items to drop with a level 50 in the party.

3.) Yes, servers are like computers in many ways. A computer will run faster if there is more ram and memory available. A server will run faster if more ram and memory is available. Each player active in the game takes up memory and ram, meaning less is left to ensure smooth quality game play. If too many players get on, crashes and other bad things can happen to the server.

Quote Originally Posted by baddadxxx View Post
    How do I get more health?
    You get most of your health on the start of the game. You can add a little bit extra health with strength attributes. Certain gears, usually rare or special items give healthpoint boosts. You can replenish your health with Health Potions. You also will slowly replenish health with your H/S (Health Regeneration Per Second). Strength Attributes and most gears give you a boost in H/S, Strength gear gives you the biggest H/S boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhorse View Post
    What are the weird aliens in Alien Oasis Dungeons saying?
    Also, what does 'proc' mean?
    1.) The Aliens speak in their native language. Based on what other enemies/creatures say in other dungeons, we can assume it's along the line with "Hey, Intruders!" "Get Them!" "Take them to the Captive Pods!". But none of us know for sure.

2.) Proc is a common term used for the randomized special effects of certain weapons. Meaning your weapon will sometimes cause a effect on the enemy or inflict extra damage. It is completely randomized and there is nothing extra that people can do to cause them.

Quote Originally Posted by kympro View Post
    After a bit of playing, I start to see "## Remaining" with the numbers decreasing. I've been trying to figure it out to no avail. What does that mean?
    That means how many Enemies are remaining in the map. Way back when this game was new, it used to say # of Bad Guy's Left.

if you purchase additional inventory slots, do you only get those extra slots for one character or for every character on that account.
    Only the Character you are purchasing them for. Stash spots are universal, they add additional storage space for all of your characters. But they do not stack, 75 stash spots gives you 75 spots in the stash for all of your characters to use, not 75 stash spots per character.

Quote Originally Posted by hugosukmeoff View Post
    Help! I'm stuck on Quest #5 of Forest Haven and I can't seem to complete it!
    "Klutch will be in the start of map 5 for the turn in. If you look at your quest log it tells you when you click on the quest. "Find Klutch in Forest Haven Chapter 5 for your reward" on the right hand side ones you click on the quest in your log. There is also a go to button on the bottom right of your quest log once you click on the quest in your log." - Cabero

"Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high."
    - Duke

Both dungeons are very fun, so I recommend both of them. If platinum is short, I recommend getting Lost Expedition first.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkAngel0o0 View Post
    I'm a teddy bear, should i ever up my intelligence or dexterity, what does dexterity even mean? -

You should look at the Warrior Class Discussion (Teddy Bears) section to see commonly asked questions by other Bears and find good guides by experienced veteran bears.

It depends on what kind of bear you plan on playing, theres a Strength Bear, Int Bear and Dex Bear. All are kind of complicated, so refer to the Link posted above and you will find everything you need there.

Dexterity - physical skill: ease and skill in physical movement, especially in using the hands and manipulating objects; quick wits: sharpness or quickness of mind. Or in Pocket Legend's terms, skill points best fit for archer builds or the bird class. I would never ever suggest a bear to put anything into Dex, unless the bear is planning on becoming a full on Dex Bear.

Also in my experience, it is better to sell them at the store. Gear is expensive, and people usually only gift gears for friends once they have built up a large amount of gold or gear piles.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 02-17-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Threat level however effects what level of items are dropped in a level range. Level 10 Pink Farming is a perfect example of that. The harder the opponent (or higher threat level), the higher level the drops were. Once you dropped the threat level, items dropped were much lower level.
    Specifically, white threat level is desired when using a level 10 character in a level 10 map to get a level 10 item. If the threat color is still yellow, for instance, even if all the party is level 10 in DF1, the drop is level 11. So the variable is drop level and the constants are threat level and highest level player in a party. As more opponents are destroyed, the threat level decreases. For instance, one player level 10 in DF1 (a level 10 map) can get the threat level to white with about 22 remaining, whereas 2 players will need to get the remaining bad guys down to about 18, and three players need to get the bad guys down to about 13, etc. for the threat to become white in color. There are exceptions: especially some gear that has minimum levels. For instance, if a level 1 is solo in FH1 and gets an axe, that will be a level 2 item since there are no level 1 axes. The other exception is a solo lowbie in a high level will get the minimum level for that map even if the threat is yellow or red. I tested this with a level 5 in DF1 and the threat never stopped being red, but the drops were level 10.

This is a great thread!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Also, new players who are flamed should send a PM to the devs. The devs do not want new players flamed and will take care of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why do you only get 1 xp after killing things

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by veocasa View Post
    why do you only get 1 xp after killing things
    Different difficulties of monsters give different experience depending on the color difficulty shown on their hp bars. I think it ranges from 1-2ish exp, you get bonus exp for being in groups.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Man I wish this had been around when I started.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok about to purchase my first pack - new levels.
    Do i have to go for balefort castle as im level 15 or can i purchase and play in the alien place that is for level 50 extc......

I know going to the higher level places means i die quick but in a group i may survive and will get better gear...

lastly if i can purchase which ever one i want, which is the best place to go for good gear/equipment?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugosukmeoff View Post
    ok about to purchase my first pack - new levels.
    Do i have to go for balefort castle as im level 15 or can i purchase and play in the alien place that is for level 50 extc......

I know going to the higher level places means i die quick but in a group i may survive and will get better gear...

lastly if i can purchase which ever one i want, which is the best place to go for good gear/equipment?
    You can go to any map you want at any level, just as long as you own it. WARNING!!: If you go into say Alien Oasis as a level 15, you will get booted from games 99.9% of the time and your gameplay experience might be ruined. Also you won't learn how to be a good and efficient player if you skip lower dungeons. So I recommend playing balefort at lvl 15 but you can go into other dungeons, but for the cost of enjoyable gameplay.

Good gear is very hard to get and can take hours of farming. That's why I do not recommend going to Alien Oasis quite yet, because skilled groups of lvl 50's can go for hours without getting a good item. Also you wont be able to wear the higher gears because of your current level. Every dungeon has it's own good gear, you just have to farm for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    You can go to any map you want at any level, just as long as you own it. WARNING!!: If you go into say Alien Oasis as a level 15, you will get booted from games 99.9% of the time and your gameplay experience might be ruined. Also you won't learn how to be a good and efficient player if you skip lower dungeons. So I recommend playing balefort at lvl 15 but you can go into other dungeons, but for the cost of enjoyable gameplay.

Good gear is very hard to get and can take hours of farming. That's why I do not recommend going to Alien Oasis quite yet, because skilled groups of lvl 50's can go for hours without getting a good item. Also you wont be able to wear the higher gears because of your current level. Every dungeon has it's own good gear, you just have to farm for it.
    thanks for the tip. So if i purchased the pack for one of the high levels and tried to do the campaign it wouldn't allow me as im not able to get quests for that dungeon yet due to not doing the lower levels first???
    My only way to play in that dungeon would be to join or host a game in that dungeon right? (of course noted i will probably get booted for being too low a level)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Your allowed to play it but hosts do have a option that makes it so minimum levels are required to join that game. Most use it and if you get into one without it, you are still highly going to be booted. Players like having full parties of high levels and some levels, its required to be efficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just wondering why I when I inspect some people they have like 200 kills and are level 20+ and such. I have over 1k kills and only level 16... Is there a faster way to level up or something I'm missing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Those people are probably being power-leveled or are just plain leechers. You can lvl faster by joining high lvl maps but unless you're paying for it or someone is helping you to plvl, most high lvls do not like to have low lvls in their group and will usually boot them if they can help it.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.. Love leaves a memory no one can steal..