Thread: Is Breeze too OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Post Is Breeze too OP?

Today i want to talk about the new pet, Breeze. I've heard a lot of people commenting on how amazing this pet is, and i've experienced how amazing it is to have a couple of these on your team in PvP, but is it perhaps too strong?

Yes, i've been on the receiving end it isn't a good feeling, especially when your team doesn't have one. Breeze has the arcane ability of freezing a whole team for around 5 seconds. During this freeze, the effected player cannot attack, use any skills, and is pretty much a helpless chicken that has to hope rogues don't come and KO them. In those 5 seconds, if a whole team is frozen, the opposing team rogues have the capability to KO atleast one rogue, if not all DPS on the opposing team.
    Not to mention, other effects, such as stun, root, panic, slow, and the passive freeze that the pet possesses which all stack up and effect the movement of the player. To me, this seems unnecessary. We have a pet which is more valuable in PvP than the most common and apparently "effective" pet in the game (Samael), but for only a tenth of the cost. Not only that, you don't have to go to any particular effort to get one of them, because people who have nothing better to do sit around farming planar shards all day. The crap happiness bonus of Breeze does not justify the pet being OP, considering breeze is a legendary pet and is easily accessible.

Perhaps the solution to the problem is to not only minimise the length of effectiveness down to 2-3 seconds, but to limit the amount of players the pet can affect. Keep the cooldown exactly the same, as Breeze is the only pet other than Samael to have a passive ability which stops a player completely for an extended period of time and doesn't obey stun laws.

I think the game should rely more on the skill of the player as opposed to the pet which the player possesses. Having pets which can be used tactically is a different story to having pets which literally lopside PvP. Such pets should take a little more work to get in your stable than Breeze.

What is your thoughts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Killfreeak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Take away auto aim and reduce freezing on passive, then Breeze is perfectly fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Yes and make ppl who workin hard to get this pet feel their pain alone.

Ah one more thing, ppl will start complaining about theres no more good loot by farming pve. All great loot/pet/gear only from locked crates. Thats good for sts business, thanks for advice.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Axesam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

your request for a bit nerf is good but they only listen to those player who had 10k plat history

sad but true

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killfreeak View Post
    Today i want to talk about the new pet, Breeze. I've heard a lot of people commenting on how amazing this pet is, and i've experienced how amazing it is to have a couple of these on your team in PvP, but is it perhaps too strong?

Yes, i've been on the receiving end it isn't a good feeling, especially when your team doesn't have one. Breeze has the arcane ability of freezing a whole team for around 5 seconds. During this freeze, the effected player cannot attack, use any skills, and is pretty much a helpless chicken that has to hope rogues don't come and KO them. In those 5 seconds, if a whole team is frozen, the opposing team rogues have the capability to KO atleast one rogue, if not all DPS on the opposing team.
    Not to mention, other effects, such as stun, root, panic, slow, and the passive freeze that the pet possesses which all stack up and effect the movement of the player. To me, this seems unnecessary. We have a pet which is more valuable in PvP than the most common and apparently "effective" pet in the game (Samael), but for only a tenth of the cost. Not only that, you don't have to go to any particular effort to get one of them, because people who have nothing better to do sit around farming planar shards all day. The crap happiness bonus of Breeze does not justify the pet being OP, considering breeze is a legendary pet and is easily accessible.

Perhaps the solution to the problem is to not only minimise the length of effectiveness down to 2-3 seconds, but to limit the amount of players the pet can affect. Keep the cooldown exactly the same, as Breeze is the only pet other than Samael to have a passive ability which stops a player completely for an extended period of time and doesn't obey stun laws.

I think the game should rely more on the skill of the player as opposed to the pet which the player possesses. Having pets which can be used tactically is a different story to having pets which literally lopside PvP. Such pets should take a little more work to get in your stable than Breeze.

What is your thoughts?
    Breeze has already been confirmed it will be nerfed. My thoughts are that we dont need any new threads about breeze until after this nerf goes active

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killfreeak View Post

What is your thoughts?
    All we want is a great pet that's farmable. Let us have our breeze.... You.stick with sam and SnS
    Using Tapatalk