Thread: What should I do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Not our fault L15 basically sucks
    Not our fault that endgamers can't 15.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Too bad I'm not an endgamer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Pls quit forums.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Is it because you can't handle 12 skills? Tears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

if u meant as mage go 35 and create 45 , you will be fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

35 mage is extremely fun for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

wow, after reading through this thread, i have become truly butt hurt, since my primary form of enjoyment in this game is low level bear -- specifically level 15, so i feel an urgency to defend my pastime.

the first comment i remember was Somemager's about constant bickering around shadow towne. ill be the first to acknowledge that smack talk does occur in shadow towne, but half of the time, its feigned. its like two friends trying to roast on each other for entertainment. on the occasion that its actual trash talk, i feel like its an extreme "endgamer bias" to assume that those people reflect on the low level community as a whole.
    Comparing those people and applying that stereotype to the whole community would be like me only taking into account the Apex vs Family feud and ensuing smack talk, and thinking that reflects on endgame as a whole. do i think all endgamers hold silly grudges and continue to talk trash over a guild title? of course not, but it appears that some others are quick to assume that all low level pvpers are egotistical smack talkers from those who talk smack in towne.

the second comment i normally see when people are railing against level 15 is the lack of skills available for use. i feel like just because there are less skills for use doesnt mean a lower skill level is required to play it. first of all, lets all acknowledge that this game is simple on the whole. not much actual skill is required to play PL pvp besides the knowledge of skill, and the ability to counter certain combos, also movement.

The only thing a small amount of skills takes away from that is the capability to counter combos, as that is generally the same across the board. however, with a decreased emphasis on combo order and countering comes an increased emphasis on range and movement, something that isnt as important at higher levels. for example, i could know my firestorm range of 12m to the T, but it still wouldnt matter if i missed or got dodged every time by a bear/bird/str based character. another thing i find unique to low lvel is the juking. Juking and countering the juke is arguably the hardest thing in the game besides using an off-class (like int fox) but that tactic is almost non existent at high level because it doesnt pay off. the high regen and dodge negates any advantage gained from a quick backwards movement to make the opponent miss a vital skill, because the longer you move backwards, the more the enemy gains HP, as well as the increased risk of having the enemy dodge your skill anyway.

anyway...i had more thoughts but its late at night. yolo. just had to reassure myself that im really not playing as crappy a level as people think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    Comparing those people and applying that stereotype to the whole community would be like me only taking into account the Apex vs Family feud and ensuing smack talk, and thinking that reflects on endgame as a whole.
    It did.

i feel like just because there are less skills for use doesnt mean a lower skill level is required to play it.
    It does.

not much actual skill is required to play PL pvp
    And even less is required at level 15.

Juking and countering the juke is arguably the hardest thing in the game
    No.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    wow, after reading through this thread, i have become truly butt hurt, since my primary form of enjoyment in this game is low level bear -- specifically level 15, so i feel an urgency to defend my pastime.

the first comment i remember was Somemager's about constant bickering around shadow towne. ill be the first to acknowledge that smack talk does occur in shadow towne, but half of the time, its feigned. its like two friends trying to roast on each other for entertainment. on the occasion that its actual trash talk, i feel like its an extreme "endgamer bias" to assume that those people reflect on the low level community as a whole.
    Comparing those people and applying that stereotype to the whole community would be like me only taking into account the Apex vs Family feud and ensuing smack talk, and thinking that reflects on endgame as a whole. do i think all endgamers hold silly grudges and continue to talk trash over a guild title? of course not, but it appears that some others are quick to assume that all low level pvpers are egotistical smack talkers from those who talk smack in towne.

the second comment i normally see when people are railing against level 15 is the lack of skills available for use. i feel like just because there are less skills for use doesnt mean a lower skill level is required to play it. first of all, lets all acknowledge that this game is simple on the whole. not much actual skill is required to play PL pvp besides the knowledge of skill, and the ability to counter certain combos, also movement.

The only thing a small amount of skills takes away from that is the capability to counter combos, as that is generally the same across the board. however, with a decreased emphasis on combo order and countering comes an increased emphasis on range and movement, something that isnt as important at higher levels. for example, i could know my firestorm range of 12m to the T, but it still wouldnt matter if i missed or got dodged every time by a bear/bird/str based character. another thing i find unique to low lvel is the juking. Juking and countering the juke is arguably the hardest thing in the game besides using an off-class (like int fox) but that tactic is almost non existent at high level because it doesnt pay off. the high regen and dodge negates any advantage gained from a quick backwards movement to make the opponent miss a vital skill, because the longer you move backwards, the more the enemy gains HP, as well as the increased risk of having the enemy dodge your skill anyway.

anyway...i had more thoughts but its late at night. yolo. just had to reassure myself that im really not playing as crappy a level as people think.
    What i underlined and bolded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    How comes you can't handle lack of dodge?
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob:1947094
    Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Burstnuke plays and master int mage class, since when pure int mage rely on dodge?
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

How come you can't handle more than 5 skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

rofl
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    Planning to go to 66 to try it out with the Islander set b/c never got the angel set. 35 seems fun so I wanna switch it up a little and try some of the other twink levels. Which is better 35 or 66?

If 35, is 66 worth a shot?

How much is the set for 66?

What is the community like?

Thanks!
    Lvl up to 61... or 71.
    Peace!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supershopper View Post
    Lvl up to 61... or 71.
    71 too expensive for me to handle

Poor af!!!!!!!

And don't feel like selling my stuff.

@Everyone else on this thread who are not contributing to my question- Please keep all posts on thread topic. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supershopper View Post
    Lvl up to 61... or 71.
    71 is hands down the worst PvP level out there. It's 90% bears 10% pallies playing like a mini-Family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I play int mage btw. Looks like you can't handle 12 skills because your excuse is dodge. Crai pls And i played Lower lvls alot before forg, hallo poop, and plat packs came.
    Last edited by Burstnuke; 12-08-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    71 is hands down the worst PvP level out there. It's 90% bears 10% pallies playing like a mini-Family.
    Yep, 71 might be more horrible then 15. Might! Although i think its fun to troll at 71 with molten bear and make all the beastly bears rage.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Burstnuke For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Divinemoustache - I'd also like to suggest that in addition to knowing how to counter combos (especially at a low level), another piece of skill is manipulating your stats to the nearest 1 point because that's all it takes at those levels to have an upper edge on someone. I'm used to end game, so I just throw all of my points into one attribute and don't have to worry too much about skill point allocation.

You have to be smart in lower levels for sure. The bears that have a high KD ratio simply have a good build - and, of course, have the necessary skill.

Endgame isn't build-directed, rather it's having the right gear and using all of your skills effectively (along with movement).

So honestly, for low level twinking vs. endgame, it can be argued that low level twinking requires more skill. Now, that doesn't mean it's necessarily fun - I don't get any enjoyment out of tweaking one or two skill points and using 3-4 skills. Some people like that simplicity, I get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    LOL