Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear combo: please consider reversing it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bear combo: please consider reversing it...

I think it would just be better for game play for the combo to be reversed for beckon/stomp to stomp/beckon.

As it stands beckon at 6 throws the enemies around everywhere. If you stomp first, it will push the enemies away a certain distance, then you can beckon them back to you thusly just making things neater for the parties.

This is my main gripe. I also don't see the previous combo active anymore I assume it has been removed?

Or possibly change beckon that it draws the enemies to you as opposed to flinging them every which way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What old combo??? And yah I agree with u, they should switch them around, we r a close combat race, we should be keeping our enemies near us, not further away
    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2582/29839pocketlegends3dmmo.jpg
    Zux Str Bear
    Zuxs Dex Bird
    Zuks Int Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

There is a way out of trowing all the enemies, just beckon then quickly stomp so that the enemies don't fly across you. If you nail it right, the enemies should be stunned in a circle around you, although it would be easier to have it be stomp then beckon (which makes more sense for the added damage) this tactic still seems to work for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Old combo was crushing blow and stomp.

I agree mystical, you can make beckon work like that. The issue is if you have two enemies where the timing won't work that easily without causing one to be extremely far away because if you mistime it, you will beck and stomp them a screen and a half away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zux View Post
    What old combo??? And yah I agree with u, they should switch them around, we r a close combat race, we should be keeping our enemies near us, not further away
    Told u they had a combo before beckon stomp
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like it how it is. Bears need to learn to control beckon and stomp so they don't fly everywhere. I think if you are running while you beckon, that enemies are more likely to be flung. Use beckon when you are standing still. I've got 5 beckon and only 1 stomp, so I don't have to worry about enemies being pushed too far. It works great, especilly when I'm solo..I can't imagine using stomp before beckon because it would hit less enemies.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beckon should technically bring the monsters to you as opposed to across you onto the other side of the room. Personally, the name implies you are bringing them to you. I feel that beckon is somewhat bugged in it's current rendition, personally.

Stomp has a shorter cooldown, you could stomp, beckon, restomp.

Again, it's a matter of reversing the combo, not a matter of it's use. You can use it however you like, but I think the combo should be in reverse than how it is now.

Not to mention none of the other classes have a combo that causes so much movement/disruption of the battle. Makes bears a bit more nerfed when it comes to party play.
    Last edited by darcsdude; 02-13-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My beckon does bring them toward me. I very rarely have them flung across the room. Works best in corners and I always stand still when I use it, but maybe at lvl 6 that's what happens. I'm reluctant to make it any higher than 5 because mine works fine at that lvl.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This new combo works fine, just time your beckon right.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is more than a timing thing. This is a party dynamic that people really frown upon. Beckon would allow for the enemies to be clustered for continued AOE for parties as opposed to separation of enemies and loss of that.

It's not nice to have a bad ping spike during a busy battle (which happens regularly for me), then find yourself booted for the combo.

If I can't use the combo in a good sized party without messing up the dynamic, why use it at all? As it stands in a party, stomp has relatively few good uses outside of breaking a large aggro group up. To have a combo you can't use on a regular basis sucks compared to the other classes.

Beckon AFTER stomp would resolve these issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

beckon, move to the side, THEN stomp, moving them all in one direction, preferably a wall.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

To control it just beckoned to a corner step out of the corner a little bit and stomp them into the corner same can be done in halls just do it against the wall. That's how I always did it.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    beckon, move to the side, THEN stomp, moving them all in one direction, preferably a wall.
    We have a winner. Tell her what she's won, Bob.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darcsdude View Post
    Not to mention none of the other classes have a combo that causes so much movement/disruption of the battle. Makes bears a bit more nerfed when it comes to party play.
    Umm heard of Hot Flash? Anyway it makes much more sense as is to me. You have to learn to control the skills. Time your beckon right, then side step and throw the whole group into a wall or corner with stomp. That's how good tanks have always used these skills, so the combo just follows naturally from that.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand that ask of you who have been playing this game for a long time have developed work Around s and figured out to stomp a certain way but that doesn't make it better.

I still hold to the fact that the use of these skills are in fact more complicated than they need to be with little significant advantage in light of thes shortcomings.

Why play a bear if the skills require manueveri ng to get enemies against a corner or get then lined up for a coordinated stomp.

Clearly all the responses show that the skills are much more complicated then they have to be on a mobil e gaming platform
    Last edited by darcsdude; 02-13-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I understand that ask of you who have been playing this game for a long time have developed work Around s and figured out to stomp a certain way but that doesn't make it better.

I still hold to the fact that the use of these skills are in fact more complicated than they need to be with little significant advantage in light of thes shortcomings.

Why play a bear if the skills require manueveri ng to get enemies against a corner or get then lined up for a coordinated stomp.

Clearly all the responses show that the skills are much more complicated then they have to be on a mobil e gaming platform
    oh come on, while we are at it lets just have auto attack switch to the next victim and just go to sleep while our toons just decimate mob-respawn dungeons for easy items to sell in the morning for insta-cash...

we need SOME sort of interesting gameplay. this makes sure the team has all the mobs in one spot to just DESTROY them with aoe attacks (terror / shatter / burning flash / nature strike / cruel blast and they are DEAD)
    best to just learn how to be a good bear and make the instance that much easier for the team than to pointlessly change the tactic for noob bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah well I don't agree with that view point.

theres better ways to implement interesting game play than promoting intra class snobbery.

The very fact that there is a "noob bear" term kinda illustrates my point about the issues with game play on a party level for bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yeah well I don't agree with that view point.

theres better ways to implement interesting game play than promoting intra class snobbery.

The very fact that there is a "noob bear" term kinda illustrates my point about the issues with game play on a party level for bears.
    1) noob bear is not a term. it is when a player that is using a bear is just not very good. he CAN learn. there are also noob mages (dont heal) and noob birds (dont do cruel blast combos).
    2) the entire game tries to stress inter-class gameplay. you are now arguing with STS

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    1) noob bear is not a term. it is when a player that is using a bear is just not very good. he CAN learn. there are also noob mages (dont heal) and noob birds (dont do cruel blast combos).
    This is true, but I think BS is really highlighting the noob bears. I know a lot of good mages and birds having trouble with pick up games, and I want to attribute this to poor tank play. A party needs a good leader, and BS does require that the bear lead. This makes it more important for the bears to learn proper use of skills and attacks, and be able to 'guide' a team through.
    As to the beckon, that does require control. And having it fling past you can be very beneficial if you know how to use it. An example would be if a boss gets 'past' you and away from the wall, you can beckon the boss back and stomp him into the wall without moving.

*note on original post, beckon only has a little damage, so the combo would be quite lowered if it was reversed. This is because the way combos work in PL is adding extra rolls for the damage (though they seem to have lower hit percentage as they go along).
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 02-13-2011 at 12:53 PM.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Because that's what bears do best. If you just want to stand there and mash skills and autoattack, play a bird. Bears have to move around and maneuver mobs, that's their biggest contribution to the group. I absolutely hate playing with bears who just beckon randomly and stomp mobs in all directions. Group them together so Mage AOE can cut them down, and stand in between the group and mobs, keep them stunned and tuanted. That's what bears do.
    Last edited by Royce; 02-13-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.