Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Frozen Frontlines Winter Event is Live in Arcane Legends!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default The Frozen Frontlines Winter Event is Live in Arcane Legends!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winterishere.jpg 
Views:	51352 
Size:	353.8 KB 
ID:	111099

News of the banishing of Tarlok and his dragon Valkoz, and the more recent defeat of Rendtail, Guardian of the Mountains in Tindirin, has reached the ears of Syrillax, Dragon of the North. Syrillax hails from the Mountains of Ursume, far to the north of Arlor. The local tribes of the area have pledged their piety in the direction of the North in hopes of awakening the Northern Guardian. Syrillax has heard the plea of his brethren, and is bringing with him the frigid winds of Ursume in the pursuit of vengeance. He has now settled on a small island to the north of Tindirin and turned the once-lush island into his frozen domain.

What is the Winter Event?

In the newest Arcane Legends seasonal event, the dragon saga continues with Frozen Frontlines. The dragon lord Syrillax has taken up residence on Balmy Beach, a small island North of Tindirin, turning it into a frozen domain with brand new maps, gear, pets, and bone-chilling boss encounters. Get ready for a Winter Event like you've never seen and steel yourself for the final encounters -vs- the familiar foe Tarlok and the all-powerful Dragon Lord Syrillax! The Winter Event will end on Tuesday January 6th at 1:30 pm!

NEW!New Pet Coming on Thursday 12/11

Name:	Frist.jpg 
Views:	47553 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	111117

Keep an eye out for a new update coming Thursday, 12/11. A new pet egg recipe will be available exclusively in Greater Ice-covered Chests. This Legendary frosty reindeer, Frist, can be crafted using a Prance egg and ice dragon scales. Frist is comparable to Prance, with a nice little boost to stats and a frozen twist to his AA. Here's a quick stat comparison:

The happy buff stats for Prance are: +20 Primary, +15 Str, +60 Armor
    The happy buff stats for Frist are: +20 Primary, +10 STR, DEX, INT, +100 Armor

The activated ability for Prance blinds enemies, reducing chance to hit by 80% for 3 seconds, the activated for Frist does the same thing, with a little bit of damage and a chance to 15% chance to freeze.

Token Rewards and Craftables

When you beat bosses and complete quests in the Winter Event zones, you'll earn Ursume Tokens. These can be exchanged in the quest hub for valuable items like recipes, chests, pets and vanities! Check out the offerings on the token vendor this year:

As always, you'll be able to use Platinum to purchase extra Energy Kits or Tokens, but let's get to the good stuff.

Chests

You can use your tokens for extra ice-covered chests. Grab the recipe for greater ice-covered chests and you'll be able to craft them into rarer versions with chances at new legendary gear, or the snowman pet Snowball! There is also the Locked Grand Crate of Ursume which includes the shiny new frost-touched versions of the mythic bow, bulwark and rifle.

Tarlok Gem Recipes

Tarlok gems make a comeback and the token vendor is where to start. Get the recipes here for 165 token each.

Pets

Pet collectors rejoice! Prance and Breezaga eggs can be purchased for 350 and 900 tokens respectively.

Vanities

Name:	frozen-vanities.jpg 
Views:	44904 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	111100

Some veteran players may recognize these Christmas themed vanities! Check out the new 2014 versions of these festive outfits: The Frost Queen dress, Frozen Barbarian Santa and Frozen Santa vanities are available only during the 2014 event.

If you're looking for something a little more "protective" against dragon frost breath and ice bombs, check out the new Permafrost Raiments! These new vanity sets will be available for 485 tokens each.

New Bosses

Check out these clips from today "Play with the Devs" Live Stream where we showed off the new winter event via Twitch TV. Here are the clips of this event's boss battles:

Tribesman Frelleus is the first and arguably the easier boss in the event. He will spawn most often in pre-bronze and bronze tier.

The Syrillax Guardians are the Silver Tier boss. You'll fight each of three guardians in turn, and each one brings something unique to the table.

Tarlok makes his return as the Gold Tier boss, and he hits HARD! This one will take a bit more strategy and a well coordinated party.

And finally, Syrillax, Dragon of the North. This fearsome foe is waiting for you at Gold tier. Watch out for his hard hitting bite, his inhale move and health eating minions.

Also, if you brave the cold all the way to Platinum tier, you'll encounter a bonus boss! The Syrillax Guardians come back at platinum tier, but you won't have the luxury of fighting one at a time... you'll have to take them on ALL AT ONCE. Bring your best gear to this fight. You'll definitely need it.

New Gear

For those who were expecting vanity teasers today, there's been a change of plans. We're taking into consideration new feedback that may change the vanity line-up for the Winter Event. But there's a ton of new gear to check out in the meantime, so take a look at these wicked new items available exclusively in the Frozen Frontlines event.

Armor Sets

The brand new Icescale sets are the ones you want to keep an eye out for in the winter event. These sets are cool (get it?) already, but when you collect the whole set you'll get a set bonus which will give you a boost to your primary stat! Take a look:

Rogue Sets:

Force:

Name:	rogue-icescale-force.jpg 
Views:	42008 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	111101

Potency:

Name:	rogue-icescale-pot.jpg 
Views:	41815 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	111102

Tactics:

Name:	rogue-icescale-tactics.jpg 
Views:	41387 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	111103

Will:

Name:	rogue-icescale-will.jpg 
Views:	41124 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	111104

Warrior Sets:

Assault:

Name:	war-icescale-assault.jpg 
Views:	40779 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	111106

Fitness:

Name:	war-icescale-fitness.jpg 
Views:	40451 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	111107

Grace:

Name:	war-icescale-grace.jpg 
Views:	40037 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	111108

Tactics:

Name:	war-icescale-tactics.jpg 
Views:	39825 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	111109

Sorcerer Sets:

Brutality:

Name:	sorc-icescale-brut.jpg 
Views:	39483 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	111110

Fatality:

Name:	sorc-icescale-fatality.jpg 
Views:	39141 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	111111

Force:

Name:	sorc-icescale-force.jpg 
Views:	38889 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	111112

Security:

Name:	sorc-icescale-sec.jpg 
Views:	38881 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	111113

You'll also find Frigid sets inside event chests that are similar to the Frozen sets from last year's Tarlok event.

Weapons

You might have noticed some frosty new weapons in the pictures above. This event, you'll be able to unlock Locked Grand Crates of Usurme to receive Frost-Touched versions of the latest mythic bow, bulwark and rifle. Here are the stats:

Amulet

There is also a new Legendary amulet to obtain, the Chillwind Amulet. Get the one for your class and get the following stats:

Fitness:

Security:

Will:

Ring

Then, there's the new Frostbitten Rings. Aaaand, let's get to the stats!

Brutatlity:

Grace:

Potency:

Savvy:

Tiered Rewards

Playing the Winter Event content will earn you points so that you can progress through 4 different tiers of gameplay: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum tier. Moving up in the tiers isn't always easy, so we make sure that getting to each one is worth your while. Here are the prizes for reaching each of the Winter event tiers:

At bronze tier you'll get the sparkling snowflake Frozen Frontlines banner, to show that you've made your mark fighting the bosses of Balmy Beach.

Once you reach Silver, you'll receive 3 Greater Ice Covered Chests. These chests have the chance to drop many useful items such as gold, energy, and event tokens. They also give you a chance to receive items from two winter themes armor sets, a legendary Chillwind Amulet, Snowball pet egg, or the Frist Egg Recipe! (starting Thursday, 12/11/14).

Once you fight your way to the gold tier, you'll be rewarded with the new yeti pet: Yowie. Here are a look at Yowie's stats at level 41:

Name:	tier-platinum.jpg 
Views:	30966 
Size:	316.3 KB 
ID:	111547

And, finally, if you triumph over the the terrifying bosses of the winter event and get all the way to Platinum Tier, you'll get the recipe for the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax. This socketable gem will grant you a boost to your STR, DEX and INT stats.
    Last edited by Remiem; 12-12-2014 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Wrong chets mentioned for the Frist recipe drop
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

OMG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Noob event.. Bleh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to potten For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

goodluck all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Lol the recipe for crafting energy was NOT implemented. As of now u can't craft energy. Pls fix! Thank u

Regards,
    Azek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Default Woohoo!!!

OMG here we go and... new CaraEssences called you guessed it Dragon Scales!!! And the new CaraCrates Locked Grand Crate of Ursume!!! I am teasing btw...

Bring on the new newer mythics!

Watch out pvp people Zeus is coming with a Syrillex gem in every slot and 80% crit you better run!!!
    Last edited by notfaded1; 12-09-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PLS UPDATE POINTS FOR BOSSES
    I GOT 18 POINTS FOR 4TH BOSS -_-
    thats really less....
    Check it please
    Ty and event rocks :-)

P.S : yowie rocks ... a good pet

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Lol the recipe for crafting energy was NOT implemented. As of now u can't craft energy. Pls fix! Thank u

Regards,
    Azek
    We'll have that addressed in the next update! What a silly mistake on our end.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Does the eye of sxrillex still give crit %? Doesnt say if I click "tiers" "rewards" "platinum"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Aaaaand still waiting on lb vanity for sorcerer..?

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post
    Does the eye of sxrillex still give crit %? Doesnt say if I click "tiers" "rewards" "platinum"
    it does, yes
    | | | |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Well, good luck to everyone running the event. This one's not for me, everything is recoloured old stuff tbh and not much of interest to be gained, even the balmy bay is recoloured rotated expedition camp lol.

LB vanities are a terrible idea imo and offer very little incentive to spend millions on running as they will never be profitable. Please bring back the SnS type prizes, ignore the 'its not fair' cry babies who didn't put the time effort or money into the events to obtain an exclusive gamechanger (no I dont have SnS but i am happy the people who spent 60m+ to win it got something useful and to be proud of)

Anyway I hope future events are more thoroughly prepared and thought out (I see we dont even have pics of the lb vanities yet huhu) Again good luck to all, have a wonderful xmas and see you in the new year when I come back to buy all your hard earned event loot for dirty cheap prices *insert evil laugh here*

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ollum01 View Post
    PLS UPDATE POINTS FOR BOSSES
    I GOT 18 POINTS FOR 4TH BOSS -_-
    thats really less....
    Check it please
    Ty and event rocks :-)

P.S : yowie rocks ... a good pet
    Remember, the winter event is 4 weeks long. We scaled everything so that players could make progress throughout the event over time, rather than rushing through it all in one sitting and then being bored for the rest of winter. You know what I mean?
    | | | |

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Remember, the winter event is 4 weeks long. We scaled everything so that players could make progress throughout the event over time, rather than rushing through it all in one sitting and then being bored for the rest of winter. You know what I mean?

Thanks for clearing that up i was wondering how long it will last. Cant wait to get my hands on those gladiator vanity

Boss's are a little hard to be honest i have only encountered the first and second boss and it took long and it was a little difficult. So the rest are going to cause troble. Nerfing maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

The bosses ar too hard...
    I just played with my lvl 6 twink and it took 10 times more to kill the boss then in the last event.
    Pls check the difficulty of the bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Sorry but getting 10 points are more boring honestly while each bosses take longer time too ..
    We got more things to do (farming and crafting) even after we reach Plat tier this time... :/

But well done.
    I feel bosses in low lvl a bit hard.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

At low lvl the bosses ar very hard especially if u cant afford good gear at low lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey remi can we know whats the lb reward?..
    I need some motivation in running LB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Haha oh wait its not april! Are you freaking serrious with al at the moment?!
    Read your comment and play with plat.. you are just lie to us.... Saying you want to keep this event for...bahh!!! Your kind of fair play is disgusting
    Last edited by Eski; 12-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ofcourse i know what you mean ^^

And about the new gem: just a little idea
    To do 3 differents eyes od syrillax: for each class
    To craft rogue eye: need 15fire essences,10glacial,10blood and ice scales essences
    To craft warrior eye: 15blood,10glacial,10fire etc.
    To craft mage eye: 15glacial,10fire,10blood etc.

+5 primary stat,3int 3dex 3str 1-1.5%crit
    It should be strong like paracelsus gem ^^

It should be worth to get platinium tier.... or the most would stop at gold tier for Yowie egg only(yowie is great for me:if u add more mana and hp: would be op and nice)
    2dex 2int 2str 1%crit isnt worth 4 weeks
    I hope u know what i mean :-)
    Its still a great event

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ollum01 For This Useful Post: