Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 4 Hours to craft Energy, wasn't it 2?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default 4 Hours to craft Energy, wasn't it 2?

I'm not sure if I am not remembering correctly but wasn't it two hours for energy? Is the four hours a bug or an intended increase? Please set it back to two, there is way too much stuff that needs to be crafted to have it at 4.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Okay good I'm not losing my mind!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Losing hope so fast .....although i love this game...sorry sts but its true U.U

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Carapace stated on CB that even the crafting was scaled due to the length of event, but the points from bosses and tokens ARE already scaled. If the points and tokens were already greatly reduced, why does energy have to take long to craft? People will still buy beloved plat to sell kits or open new chests, don't go all Christmas Grinch on us now. We also have more gems and crates to craft now, can't you give us a break and reduce time to craft energy? Not all people are rich you know. There are a lot of new players looking to be able to enjoy this event and earn a little from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

It's really easy to understand if you just think of the company as a business and not your best friends.

It takes money to create content, so make if you make the event run longer you can potentially make more money on content that keeps 'giving'. If the event runs longer, and you increase the energy crafting time people are going to speed up the energy or more people are going to sell energy kits because people are impatient thus driving up plat sales. If you reuse old content it's less development time and you can make more money with less work by now focusing on something else (perhaps a new game).

If we call the new planar tombs 'elite' and make the drop rates ridiculously low, you again don't have to create as much content by simply saying, 'hey this is elite stuff it's supposed to take a long time' and just have people run it over and over and just say hey we gave you something to do (now please keep hitting that plat revive button or invulnerability rage plat revive button.

Increase the drop rate of the recipe for one weekend to create jealously among players that didn't get the recipe, drop the rate back down to almost zero, those players who sold or didn't get the recipe will rage the arena over and over spending money on one shot bosses.

How do we generate even more income with less work? Reskin old myth weapons... The picture is pretty clear here, people shouldn't be in denial, you can put as much lipstick on it as you want. Love the game too, but when the game development is reuse / events like this / 'elite', it makes it so I don't think devs and players are seeing eye to eye.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 12-09-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I mentioned in a chat box earlier today, but the reason the amount of time went up was a number of factors.

- Energy Essence drops more frequently. This means you will be able to craft more than before!
    - Because there is more Energy Essence, we had to compensate for a 4 week long event and decided to up the timer to 4 hours

Thanks everyone!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I mentioned in a chat box earlier today, but the reason the amount of time went up was a number of factors.

- Energy Essence drops more frequently. This means you will be able to craft more than before!
    - Because there is more Energy Essence, we had to compensate for a 4 week long event and decided to up the timer to 4 hours

Thanks everyone!
    Why not just keep energy lower and make it 2h! 4 hours is a bit long!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The event may be longer but there is double to craft compared to past events. We have 7 event things to craft energy, crates, 4 gems and a pet. PLUS the 3 regular gems! We only have 5 slots.. Most of the event is already being stuck in wt4. The two hour energy was a nice break.

The event should be about running it not farm tombs and craft time. I'm disappointed in this move.

Please put it back to two hours or up our crafting slots.
    Last edited by Raregem; 12-10-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Thanks everyone!
    Takes 8 plat to speed up timer, yet it takes 5 plat to run one time. -.- think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Thanks everyone!
    Is there a possibility we can have more Crafting Slots coming in soon? Not necessarily via Story Tokens or Hauntlet Coins but at least for a Plat. Fee. With these long energy crafting times, increased drops and ludicrously larger amounts of things to craft, to craft something else, only to craft it into something else we should at least have more crafting slots or at least stash able crafting essences/components.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Is there a possibility we can have more Crafting Slots coming in soon? Not necessarily via Story Tokens or Hauntlet Coins but at least for a Plat. Fee. With these long energy crafting times, increased drops and ludicrously larger amounts of things to craft, to craft something else, only to craft it into something else we should at least have more crafting slots or at least stash able crafting essences/components.
    The bottleneck is intentional to keep blocking multiple tasks so that you are forced to pay STS by burning plats.

Its all about plats and STS trying to make a good revenue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

No one will pay 8 plat to finish a 5 plat item
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    No one will pay 8 plat to finish a 5 plat item
    Not to mention that there is no cancel option, so once you start an energy craft. you're stuck waiting hours for the slot back.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Yes 4 hours might be a bit too much, but I'd rather wait 4 hours for the energies to craft, as opposed to spending those 4 hours in wt4 to farm those essences and then craft them in 4 hours. It is a trade-off I guess and if there has to be one, this is certainly the better option. Ideally, for the player, the essences would drop more and the crafting time would be 2 hours, :-P

Regards,

Azek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

How about making the crafting time 4 hours but keep the speedup time to 4 plat like it originally was?

That would make more sense than charging almost twice the purchase price to speed up the "free" version. We did spend time to farm those essences after all, so the 1 plat discount for that effort is logical if we want it right away.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    How about making the crafting time 4 hours but keep the speedup time to 4 plat like it originally was?

That would make more sense than charging almost twice the purchase price to speed up the "free" version. We did spend time to farm those essences after all, so the 1 plat discount for that effort is logical if we want it right away.
    The whole point of the farmable energy was to make the event runnable for non plat players. Leaving at 4 hours and making the speed up cost 4 plat does not help the target population at all.
    Sorry, but a -1 from me on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

so u keep 1 plat?
    nah give more craft places really better...or reduce time
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. I will bring this up to the designers and see what we can do. Thanks for your feedback!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I'll take the increased drop rate over moving the time back to 2 hours. Personal preference...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    you guys plz dont torture me for upgrading my thread xD