Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Enchanted eye of Syrillax is bugged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    3 dex, 3 str and 3 int is very low. You get higher stats from grand anything-else than that, and only 2 of those stats actually help any given class.

I'd like to see 10/10/10 for the stats, plus the original 2.19% crit. Even if it followed the suggestion of only having the crit applicable on the first gem, and have it the 0.95% on any subsequent.

The ingredients required and the rarity of the eye warrent something worth the effort. 3 of each stat won't do it, when you can get 6 and 4 of your applicable stats from a tarlok gem for 165 tokens and a handful of essences.
    A grand Tarlok gem is +5,+3 on lvl41

No recipe, no money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    A grand Tarlok gem is +5,+3 on lvl41

No recipe, no money.
    Thanks Hali. I just called up your Tarlok Gem guide and linked to it from the Ursume one also.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    3 dex, 3 str and 3 int is very low. You get higher stats from grand anything-else than that, and only 2 of those stats actually help any given class.

I'd like to see 10/10/10 for the stats, plus the original 2.19% crit. Even if it followed the suggestion of only having the crit applicable on the first gem, and have it the 0.95% on any subsequent.

The ingredients required and the rarity of the eye warrent something worth the effort. 3 of each stat won't do it, when you can get 6 and 4 of your applicable stats from a tarlok gem for 165 tokens and a handful of essences.
    I think 10/10/10 is too high. Considering most gems have some sort of tradeoff. There would be no tradeoff with those stats. Those who are unable to do the event will be even further left behind.

For warrior 41, +6 Blood is better than +5/3 Tarlok rage in most cases. Some may want the slight increase in dex vs 1 blood.
    Para stone, all classes lose on their primary stat, bonus dmg, etc for dmg.

I would be ok with 4 to all stats, +5 nonstacking primary stat on first gem, 1 crit on each gem.

Either that or Energizeric's suggestion was decent.

At the current state and the previous state, the gem is/was not useful to a warrior.
    Last edited by Ravager; 12-10-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I would be ok with 4 to all stats, +5 nonstacking primary stat on first gem, 1 crit on each gem.
    This would be decent. There definitely needs to be some sort of bonus to make the item attractive stat-wise.

I wonder how that might conflict with the paracelsus stones though. Having 2 items that are coded that way (with the first-equipped having a bonus) would be potentially glitchy when wearing both types. Cross-interaction issues would be very likely which is why I suggested straight stat boosts.

If the first-equipped bonus wasn't workable, what about 7 primary and 3 secondary, and leave out the third stat? Then 1 crit per gem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Serancha,

As far as two gems with the same characteristic that only the first applies a bonus. STS developers are smart and should have no problem with that. I actually have faith in the STS coders, my issues are more with STS QA and Game Mechanics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    Serancha,

As far as two gems with the same characteristic that only the first applies a bonus. STS developers are smart and should have no problem with that. I actually have faith in the STS coders, my issues are more with STS QA and Game Mechanics.
    Well this kind of is game mechanics. I was just hypothesizing on the chance it may not be possible, or could cause conflicts. As a coder myself, it was something that stuck out to me. Only the game developers would know for sure, however.

We as players don't know what can and can't be done, or how the structure is built, but have seen in the past that sometimes things have unintended reactions. Just in case that is the situation, it's always a good idea to come up with alternative suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. Apologies for the confusion, this change was intentional as decided by the designers. We are open to your feedback on where the gem SHOULD be for the effort to get it. What do you think? What kind of changes would you like to see to this gem?
    Lol u guys change things and dont tell us?
    Now u wanna us to do ur job and come up with the plat tier prize?
    U guys are pathetic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I didn't even start to run for this lame gem. I'm not surprised the stats are different then it was promised. Dissapointed yes, surprised no.

It probably bites me back in the bum when they start buffing this gem and i run out of time.
    So please sts, do mind when buffing this gem. Others might not liked the effort to get this gem. While they might like it after being buffed and while having less time to get it in the end.

It might just get buffed as it was planned to give in on our demands on something along the event.

(Disclaimer: i'm not saying it should not get buffed, coz i do think this gem is a joke)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Please make whatever final changes will be made to the gem as soon as possible and then do not change it again after that.

At this point the entire game is running (aka spending gold/time/money) for a gem that isn't even finalised yet (!?) and could change at any moment. Not only that but LB runners are running for vanities which they also haven't even been able to see.

It kinda feels like this event went out early. Just know this: there would have been nothing wrong with an extra week of tweaking and preparation, and a three week event which felt well-planned with clear prizes.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here is my suggestion:

Have the gem add +3 STR/DEX/INT which scales to level of the item, so level 1-8 items would get +1 STR/DEX/INT, level 9-24 items would get +2 STR/DEX/INT, level 25-41 items would get +3 STR/DEX/INT, and so on.....

Then you would get +0.025% crit for every level of the item. So a level 41 item would be +1.025 crit while a level 10 item would give +0.25% crit.

Then additionally, like how the para gem gives +5.5 damage for the first para gem, this gem will give and additional +3 primary stat & +2% crit for the first gem.

Yes, I do agree that having a gem that gives +2% crit in every slot would make some players become very OP. So this cuts the crit in half, but still gives the extra stat bonus for the first gem making it clearly worth the effort.
    this is by far the best suggestion imo, gives same stats as a grand (blood/fire/glacial) and a lil bit on the other two non-primary stat and a crit boost as well
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    It kinda feels like this event went out early. Just know this: there would have been nothing wrong with an extra week of tweaking and preparation, and a three week event which felt well-planned with clear prizes.
    I will agree that this event seems even more rushed than usual. My guess is that has something to do with the DC issues from Halloween and priority placed on that for a while. This isn't really an excuse. I doubt artists were involved heavily in server debugging and could have come up with some new vanities and had LB vanities ready. As for the rest, it seems like STS's development strategy is to just nerf everything to death after getting everyone excited about what is coming.

I will say this about the gem. For Halloween there was an obvious "buzz" about the gem that generated excitement even though it was tweaked after first release due to some obvious issues with abuse of the gem. The gem for this event has generated little to no buzz. The first time it came out as 2-2-2 and 1.xx crit everyone was meh. It then went to 3-3-3 2.14 crit at endgame and while better folks were still not sure about how great it would be. Now its latest update is 3-3-3 .97 (which was not communicated and discovered by a player) and the reaction is totally underwhelming.

I suspect that there will be a fourth (and hopefully final) update to the gem. I hope it will generate some excitement.

I just don't feel like sts has a grasp of end game and what is exciting for players and what is not. Gems with underwhelming stats, not exciting. Recycled mythics, not exciting (just look at how quickly the value of these new crates crashed in CS). Gems with interesting pro's and con's that make us think "what fits my playstyle best", Exciting!. New Mythics that are a challenge but attainable, exciting. Frustrating new content with little hope of being rewarded, not exciting. New content that gives us an exciting carrot to chase which is a challenge but we have hope of success and a worth while payoff, Very Exciting!.

Sorry for being overly critical but the game just seems to not have a well defined direction at the moment and when new content is released so many changes have to be made players become frustrated instead of enjoying the game. I have my own business, its hard, revenue has to out run expenses (over simplified I know) so I know you can't just hire 5 more folks to help but I just ask that you try a little harder and don't rush things so much. You could have delayed winter for a week and still run a four week event.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It should never be that the requirements are created for getting "something awesome" and then everyone turns around: "Oh crap! Now we have to come up with an awesome thing to go with this process and we're out of time. We better lowball the stats to cover ourselves, because we know some people will try to exploit it if we make it too good."

I am sure this is not how it happened, as much as I hate that there are people who exploit a good thing making this train of thought necessary. However, that is the perception we are left with as players. A 3 week event with clear, well thought-out rewards would have been much preferable.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Lmao WTH the only reason i and several others are running this event that clearly was never finished before going live are those syrillax gems.
    Give the gems 4/4/4 and make them untradeable ty.

WTH "intentional change" and they don't tell you you are wasting precious time for a crap -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Possibly when crafting instead of receiving one gem, one can receive 2?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Buying new gem 500k
    pm me lolol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Possibly when crafting instead of receiving one gem, one can receive 2?
    Wouldn't help, since you get better stats with any grand normal or tarlok over this. So why would anyone want 2 stat-lowering gems? My comparison earlier in the thread was against a normal non-grand fire gem. A super version would be superior to the current enchanted eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This is a dam problem. Buffing it until it worth the effort will make twinks OP. Keepin it like this will make ppl think it doesnt worth the effort. So dont makr anymore gems. Make a new mythic ring we need one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xutreuqux View Post
    This is a dam problem. Buffing it until it worth the effort will make twinks OP. Keepin it like this will make ppl think it doesnt worth the effort. So dont makr anymore gems. Make a new mythic ring we need one
    They can make gems that scale to level, like Tarlok. Then twinks won't be OP.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bring back the 1.54 crits as stated in the teaser,in lvl 7 giving .28 plus one int,dex,str. Lol you gotta be kiddin. Why changed with no notice i wasted energy to get it.
    Make it same like para gem and this worth the plat tier reward.
    Last edited by calculates; 12-12-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Please, no huge buff for this new gem. We don't want twinks running with endgame stats. If you are going to buff it anyway, Energizeric's suggestion seems like the best solution I've read so far.