Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I confess... I have not being playing PL for a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ognimoddd View Post
    why confess? no one cares

You cared enough to post in the thread. Thanks. Now shoo, go away
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    I don't think your logic works.

The Frog Farming parties are generally made up of lvl 35 characters. They're at the level cap, so there's nothing for them to gain by continuing to bash Crocs. The farmers are looking for loot, not XP. Well, bosses drop loot, and Frogmar is a boss. More importantly, Frogmar is right near the beginning of the map, so she's easy (and quick) to find. If you're looking for loot, Frog Farming is simply the most-efficient way to get it.

If people weren't enjoying PL, they'd stop playing. (As some people on this very thread have done.) The Frog Farmers must be getting something out of the game, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Personally, I quite like the Swamps. The challenge is enjoyable. I can't just run through the map pounding on the Attack button. "PEW PEW PEW, you're dead!" does not work in the Swamps. Not for long anyway.....

But to each his own. You don't like the Swamps, that's okay. I won't try to convince you. However, I would encourage you to consider that the Frog Farmers must be getting something out of their farming, or they wouldn't keep doing it. Frog Farming does not prove that people dislike the Swamps. Frog Farming merely proves that killing Frogmar is an efficient way for endgame players to accumulate loot.

I honestly think that frogma farming is spoiling the game. I see hordes of maps with 0 people in it. No one PLAYS swamps to enjoy killing, they just play swamps to get items.

See, when I FIRST started playing this game, back in forest haven, I did every single map. I knew where all the mobs where, I knew which room had monsters, and when I reached a T junction I knew where to turn. I played till I hit 13, bought the next map and went on to dark forest and did the same thing. Did this for all the maps. Enjoyed it. I felt that the maps sequence gave a purpose to the campaign and there was a element of fun grinding with a team of the same people for multiple maps. Even after I reached 30 I would sometimes join a newbie game and grind with them for fun.

Now? Swamp is not a fun map. Because no one plays it. They just create a map, kill the bosses, move on.

Creating a game, killing 5 monsters, and quitting, is NOT how the game is designed played. It is a huge design flaw which has resulted in this "create game, kill bosses ignore monsters, move to next map" system that has gone on now.
    The people playing frogma farming are getting their enjoyment from greed. The greed of wanting to have the best items. Its not about slaying monsters and clearing maps. Its about items items items.

Oh what joy. These people are the type who would be more excited if SpacetimeStudios released more items instead of more maps or content.

In any case, waiting for trade to come out, the market destabilised, and wait till the farmers have farmed a surplus of all the good loot so I can easily get the best gear.
    / oh hai~!
    /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    And watching people laggy tele from one place to another.

Oh...is that called moving?

Aha, sorry I'm just teasing.

Actually thats life is for me when I play PL

>_<

That and how monsters can whack me from 1000 meters away with their epic pink stick of lag.

Waiting for my dad to return my wireless router so I can try playing PL on wifi. 3G just doesn't cut it anymore.
    / oh hai~!
    /

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    Now? Swamp is not a fun map. Because no one plays it. They just create a map, kill the bosses, move on.
    Again, I disagree with you. I don't have any trouble finding a few people who actually want to play the Swamps through to the end. Yes, there are loads of Frog Farmers. If you don't like Frog Farming, just ignore them. If you can't find a non-farming group, then make a game yourself and wait for people to join.

Just this morning, I joined a nice PUG for about three Swamps maps. Got Atropos within a hair's breadth of lvl 33. (Thanks, guys!) It was loads of fun. Then again, I actually enjoy the additional challenge in the Swamps. You have made it clear that the Swamps are not fun for you. Fair enough. My only point is that there are some non-farmers in the Swamps. I'm sorry that you don't seem to find them, but they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    In any case, waiting for trade to come out, the market destabilised, and wait till the farmers have farmed a surplus of all the good loot so I can easily get the best gear.
    Now this is a cunning strategy.
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nightmare mode please?

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Staring mournfully at my copperheads wammo the hammer wishing it was still 1337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    nightmare mode please?
    yes please!!!!!!! >
    Kirei-Fnord - lvl 55 - The Origanal Fnord Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You can't flame Royce even an insignificant amount. It won't work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sense a disturbance in Alterra, as if a corrupted corpse was wakened from its unquiet tomb....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nightmare mode would have to have an increased drop rate or better items.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyJim View Post
    I sense a disturbance in Alterra, as if a corrupted corpse was wakened from its unquiet tomb....
    Hehehehehe

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce