Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the recipe

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Sure, let me modify my statement:

"After verifying with the design team the drop rates were not INTENTIONALLY nerfed after the weekend."

We're looking into it, and will have more info for you soon.

That being said, I really appreciate the people who remain polite and collaborative. For those of you who choose to angrily express your opinions, I understand your frustration, but you really don't help the communication pipelines in any way.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

"After verifying with the design team the drop rates were not INTENTIONALLY nerfed after the weekend."

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

That being said, I really appreciate the people who remain polite and collaborative. For those of you who choose to angrily express your opinions, I understand your frustration, but you really don't help the communication pipelines in any way.
    I like that answer. Like others have said seems it was affected by the 2x drop. If that was the case then a small bump should get it dropping on occasion. It doesn't do any good having something in the game but never allowing it to drop and alienating so many loyal customers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

That's the problem with the direct drops, what about put it into the arena chest?

No recipe, no money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

It happens were human right, it not like all of you STS staff are robots..but i do think the way carapace presents himself which is awesome btw in the vid from twitch..might have an implant of some sort...borg maybe..might want to contact

Capt.Jean-Luc Picard

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 11.30.27 AM.png
Views: 186
Size:  1.08 MB

had to lighten up the mood..getting to hot in here.
    Last edited by octavos; 12-11-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    That's the problem with the direct drops, what about put it into the arena chest?

No recipe, no money.
    Id say let it drop separate from arena chests but also add a chance to drop when u pop an arena chest....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I like that^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

My thoughts on the issue are simple.

It is one thing to say that drop rates were not changed (intentionally or otherwise), but real numbers simply do not lie.

This is a repeat performance of the Vial drops and Fossils from Arena Chest issues.

There are literally hundreds of players, doing thousands and thousands of runs per week in arena and elite maps. If, over the course of tens of thousands of drops, everyone is saying that they have not received a Vial/Fossil/Recipe, nor have heard of anyone that has, then this is not mere speculation. This is concrete evidence that something is amiss and should be looked at.

To date, I have heard of only one person looting a Fossil out of the Arena Chest, coincidentally, during the "rain" of Recipes. Prior to the introduction of the Recipe and the high drop rate, no one looted a Fossil, and since the Recipe "nerf" (as it is being referred to), I don't know of anyone that has received one.

Vials, since the adjustment which fixed the torrent of Archons, I only know of a couple of drops (mostly through the grapevine, so I cannot be certain that the drop was real). I, myself, cataloged hundreds of elite runs during my last contest, during which time, there were literally thousands of drops with no Vials being found. To date, I haven't looted a Vial since the drop rate fix, no one in my guild has, and no one in my network of friends have either.

Recipes - a bunch of people looted them during the weekend (though not on a scale that would be alarming or disruptive to the economy), but since the last update, I don't know anyone that has received one. Collectively, we have all run the arena pretty hard (myself included). We are talking about thousands upon thousands of runs that have been fruitless.

In closing, if thousands of players are reporting the same thing, if over the course of tens of thousands of runs, everyone (including their friends) are all saying the same thing, I think that it would be disrespectful and misguided to say that we are collectively nuts and drop rates are correct. If this is indeed the drop rate, and we are talking about a chance of less than 0.001% then my thoughts are that there should be a different mechanism to attain these items (Vial/Fossil/Recipe).

A major issue, in my opinion, is the lack of reward to those that are putting in the effort. If someone runs the arena a 500 times, then there should be a reasonable expectation that your effort is rewarded. It is demeaning to run a map that many times and come away empty every single time.

There should be more to this game than simply luck! Effort, and skill should be rewarded, similar to the Juggernauts/Hero's or Nordr quests. This way, whether or not you get lucky and loot one early, you at least have a fixed goal where you know that your effort is not wasted. It is degrading to see that dozens of hours, millions in pots and hundreds of Ankh are being spent with absolutely nothing to show for it except for a mountain of worthless Noble/Architect/Shade pinks and a stead supply of auto-liquidated epic trash.

A game where everything is 100% based on luck is actually demotivating, unrewarding and yields very little satisfaction when/if you finally do get what you were after.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

It is one thing to say that drop rates were not changed (intentionally or otherwise), but real numbers simply do not lie.

This is a repeat performance of the Vial drops and Fossils from Arena Chest issues.

There are literally hundreds of players, doing thousands and thousands of runs per week in arena and elite maps. If, over the course of tens of thousands of drops, everyone is saying that they have not received a Vial/Fossil/Recipe, nor have heard of anyone that has, then this is not mere speculation. This is concrete evidence that something is amiss and should be looked at.

To date, I have heard of only one person looting a Fossil out of the Arena Chest, coincidentally, during the "rain" of Recipes. Prior to the introduction of the Recipe and the high drop rate, no one looted a Fossil, and since the Recipe "nerf" (as it is being referred to), I don't know of anyone that has received one.

Vials, since the adjustment which fixed the torrent of Archons, I only know of a couple of drops (mostly through the grapevine, so I cannot be certain that the drop was real). I, myself, cataloged hundreds of elite runs during my last contest, during which time, there were literally thousands of drops with no Vials being found. To date, I haven't looted a Vial since the drop rate fix, no one in my guild has, and no one in my network of friends have either.

Recipes - a bunch of people looted them during the weekend (though not on a scale that would be alarming or disruptive to the economy), but since the last update, I don't know anyone that has received one. Collectively, we have all run the arena pretty hard (myself included). We are talking about thousands upon thousands of runs that have been fruitless.

In closing, if thousands of players are reporting the same thing, if over the course of tens of thousands of runs, everyone (including their friends) are all saying the same thing, I think that it would be disrespectful and misguided to say that we are collectively nuts and drop rates are correct. If this is indeed the drop rate, and we are talking about a chance of less than 0.001% then my thoughts are that there should be a different mechanism to attain these items (Vial/Fossil/Recipe).

A major issue, in my opinion, is the lack of reward to those that are putting in the effort. If someone runs the arena a 500 times, then there should be a reasonable expectation that your effort is rewarded. It is demeaning to run a map that many times and come away empty every single time.

There should be more to this game than simply luck! Effort, and skill should be rewarded, similar to the Juggernauts/Hero's or Nordr quests. This way, whether or not you get lucky and loot one early, you at least have a fixed goal where you know that your effort is not wasted. It is degrading to see that dozens of hours, millions in pots and hundreds of Ankh are being spent with absolutely nothing to show for it except for a mountain of worthless Noble/Architect/Shade pinks and a stead supply of auto-liquidated epic trash.

A game where everything is 100% based on luck is actually demotivating, unrewarding and yields very little satisfaction when/if you finally do get what you were after.
    I can't thank you enough for saying this Kali. Couldn't have said it any better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Thanks. Clearly there is something up. On that first weekend, there were tons of them being looted. One player I know even looted 2 of them. Prices went from 30m, down to 10m, and by the end of that weekend were down to 3m. Now I agree that this was too HIGH a drop rate, and prices would have been down to 100k within a month at that rate.

But since that weekend (almost 2 weeks ago), I haven't seen one single recipe for sale. There couldn't have been so many looted in one weekend, and then in the next 10 days so few. Something obviously happened, perhaps unintentionally. There's a bug somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Thank you kali! You are still the force to be reckoned with! All points are valid and there is no sense in running arena without further evidence to support that the rates weren't changed intentionally or unintentionally by the 2x mythic weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Thanks. Clearly there is something up. On that first weekend, there were tons of them being looted. One player I know even looted 2 of them. Prices went from 30m, down to 10m, and by the end of that weekend were down to 3m. Now I agree that this was too HIGH a drop rate, and prices would have been down to 100k within a month at that rate.

But since that weekend (almost 2 weeks ago), I haven't seen one single recipe for sale. There couldn't have been so many looted in one weekend, and then in the next 10 days so few. Something obviously happened, perhaps unintentionally. There's a bug somewhere.
    It's a good play on words, but rates not nerfed intentionally in other words means that it was nerfed but not on purpose. I too have never seen a single recipie drop after that weekend and I've run it close to 300 times nor have I heard of anyone getting one. That ate up majority of my gold to the point I can't run more than a few times a day now.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Thats why i don't run elite..or do anything with those kinds maps (elite or arenas)...I play maps that guarantee me what i'm looking for after so many runs...Bakenridge is the map of maps. i might make a few thousand a day, but enough for me to keep playing AL. I might not make as much like other players...but enough to pop my head in and play the game. might not make me waist money, but i set low standards and small goals for myself
    ROCK ON KILIZZAA..the force flows strongly with this one.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

We want recipe.

No recipe, no money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I agree we need to be more transparent about our drop rates and the reasons behind them. That being said, after verifying with the design team the drop rates were NOT nerfed after the weekend. Regarding drama, here is what I have posted about it in the past:

So stay tuned on this issue, and thanks for the feedback.
    Sorry, but WE ALL KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

After all you have done on AL, it's hard to believe it wasn't intentional..but ok..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I must say... GoodSyntax. You have very good syntax. Well said +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justg View Post
    sure, let me modify my statement:

"after verifying with the design team the drop rates were not intentionally nerfed after the weekend."

we're looking into it, and will have more info for you soon.

That being said, i really appreciate the people who remain polite and collaborative. For those of you who choose to angrily express your opinions, i understand your frustration, but you really don't help the communication pipelines in any way.
    Aarrgggggg!?
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

meh, although i am estatic to hear that recipe drop rate has been increased.....

In my case its too late, seen as how its borked drop rate has persuaded me to take an extended break from AL.

Best of luck to everyone in arena, my guess is there will be more people running arena now than the event! Go figure who'd of thought
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

YESSSSS! We will see. Have a very good in between energy crafting thing to do now. I want that pendant!! Will need even bigger inv now with planar essences.