Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Unworldly Prices...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Question Unworldly Prices...

So, I am in the only one who thinks some of these prices are just ridiculous? 750 million for a hammer? A hammer? Really?

I get the fact that it's the ultra rare, if almost non-existent epic weapon of the game. OK. Understandable. No problem. But, come now, you cannot be serious...

So, here you are. You're playing the game and having fun and getting to know then ins and outs of everything, yada yada... You're doing your thing and finally you see some awesome stuff that other players are wearing that you would like to have. Cool, right? Let's just say for the sake of the argument, the Undead Mask.

250 MILLION!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Okie dokie. You take a second to collect yourself, and then vow to get one. No problem.

First, you're slapped in the face with the gold cap... 9.99 million.

Wat...? \_(-_-)_/

Nevermind the fact that they don't drop anymore. How in the gut-clenching world are you, a new player, going to come up with 250 million? Doesn't make any sense, right?

Yeah, yeah... Let's talk about trading. We all know there are scammers out there. We all know that there are people who can cheat the system. So, with that being said, why would you even attempt to trade with some stranger that has what you want? On top of that, the prices fluctuate every two hours, so you're never really sure if you are getting a fair deal or not. Besides that, what kind of business transaction is it to have to give up everything you own for one item? Progress? I think not.

Maybe it's to encourage you to farm more? Maybe STS has more in store for beginners?

Ahem...

In any case, this game, and some of the rich and powerful players, need a crash course in economics.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsundere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I think a lot of things would change if the gold cap was raised. Hell, even up to a hundred million would work wonders. I mean, what if Green Biker winds up being 9.9mil? I know it won't. But still. There are already way too many items out there that can't be bought with the allowed amount of gold. Also not to mention that the trade windows only allow four items max to be traded at a time. So then, you have to bring multiple characters in to do transactions.

but idk
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

And that is where this scheme falls through.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsundere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The prices are ridiculous because of greed. It's that simple. It's because of greedy players collecting every possible vanity 10 times over and still wanting more. More gold, more gold, more more....in a game. Fake gold. In a game! I'm sure the game economy would be different if older players actually gave a damn about newer players and wanted to give them a chance to aquire rare items as well. But they don't. They follow the world's system: the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer!

The prices are also related to how rare an item is, but they are mostly related to how rich players keep raising the prices in order to make more and more profit but constantly buying stuff and then selling for more. And this has nothing to do with them needing profit, because I assure you all the players who actually have for example an undead also have hundreds of millions in items and gold.

My favorite example are the albino bats: when almost nobody had them, they were worth 2m. Now, there are many more bats in the game, more and more people have them, and they are worth 15m. So this has nothing to do with how rare they are. Is the price raised because gold is easier to earn? No! Older players have more gold, yes, but new players can't earn gold any faster than they would 2 years ago when the price was 2m. It's just raised because the old players want profit, and they count their profit in millions. Say for example somebody buys bats for 12m, they won't sell for 12. Or 12.1. Or 12.5. Or 13. They will want to sell for 15. Thus prices are raised.

And no I don't agree with raising the gold cap because it was set according to the rate you can earn gold in the game. It is extremely hard for a new player to make 9.9m gold, unless he/she is lucky with drops. But most players aren't lucky, so raising the gold cap would only legitimize the broken system that was entirely created by players and has nothing to do with how the game works. Drop rates are crappy, yes, but they haven't changed. Item prices though keep being raised, for the same drop rates.

So yeah the economy of the game is completely ruined, new players have no chance of getting items like relic weapons or undead, the only people who can afford the expensive items are the ones who probably already have them. Hurray for the players with 6 relic axes, 5 red bandanas and 30 gold capped accounts! Unfortunately, nothing you can do about it. Oh, and nothing STS will do about it (years ago STS solved this problem temporarily by selling some rare relics for 9.9m each, thus removing gold from the DL richies).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I remember, the travel auction, with the Black Vampire Heart and the Elder Tear, 5mil starting? Would it help if another was done?At all?
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyanka View Post
    The prices are ridiculous because of greed. It's that simple. It's because of greedy players collecting every possible vanity 10 times over and still wanting more. More gold, more gold, more more....in a game. Fake gold. In a game!
    Your point is valid. But what could be done about such things? The way I see it, there really isn't any incentive for a possible new player. Everything cool and valuable is being hoarded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

I think raising the gold cap would help. At least then people would post item in Auction and you see what it is really worth. Once it is no longer listed in AH then the value of an item is all based on whatever people say. Someone with 10 alts tells people that the value of something is now 20mil....well people heard the value is 20 mil from all these different people so it must be true. Look at the value of the Royal Crown. Once it was no longer in Auction, it's supposed value shot way up. No one has any idea what it is worth except for what people trading say it is worth. At least if items can be listed in Auction House..people can list items for whatever they want but if it doesn't sell, players know it is overpriced. Players also have the chance to underbid each other which helps keep prices lower. Also as people have to pay gold fees every time they post items in auction, gold would slowly be taken out of game.

The economy is broken and the only way the insanely high prices will change is if STS makes the old expensive items drop again. But the problem is..if undead and all the bandanas drop again, newer players will be happy but most (not all) older players will be very very upset. I had suggested that Undead drop again in another thread and even the suggestion really upset some people.

BTW, I don't think that elite gem travel auction they did back when the level cap was 31 solved anything. I really hope they don't try to repeat that. I rather they make new level 36 elite gems that drop. Then at least some newer players can try to loot them.
    Last edited by doomdoomdoom; 12-11-2014 at 12:42 PM.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gynesis View Post
    I remember, the travel auction, with the Black Vampire Heart and the Elder Tear, 5mil starting? Would it help if another was done?At all?
    Not unless they were worth 500m or something lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I am curious... I don't play any other Legends games.... is the economy as bad in the others? If so, what caused them to be that way? If not, what have they done to keep their economy reasonable and effective for both new and old players?
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

I am curious... I don't play any other Legends games.... is the economy as bad in the others? If so, what caused them to be that way? If not, what have they done to keep their economy reasonable and effective for both new and old players?
    Good question. I only play DL. But I asked and it looks like in AL, their max gold is 99,999,999. I wish ours was.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    I think raising the gold cap would help. At least then people would post item in Auction and you see what it is really worth. Once it is no longer listed in AH then the value of an item is all based on whatever people say.
    Agreed. Raising the gold cap would help significantly. Most things bought/sold wouldn't have to boil down to using two or three alts to get the agreed upon offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I really don't think they have done anything. Those half-tailed attempts like the travel auction don't count either. If they have truly abandoned DL to this, then I'm certain it's the same with all other games. Give it time. Once they come up with a new idea, the current game will be left to fade out of existence as well...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I think another problem is that the Auction Guy is probably running out of business, especially for big time items.... the money used to put items in auction, does it go back to the game, or is disposed of? If that were the case, and everyone is doing street deals, then....
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I think another problem is that the Auction Guy is probably running out of business, especially for big time items.... the money used to put items in auction, does it go back to the game, or is disposed of? If that were the case, and everyone is doing street deals, then....
    Hehehe... He can't afford his dry cleaning bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

lololollololol
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I told a friend it was starting to get really hard to stay positive there. I agree, failtastic economy, mostly horrid community, turning into a dating site instead of the generally pleasant game it used to be, and a more-than-likely overlooked suggestion and feedback board that's there for.... hell if I know.
    See yas.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gynesis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I told a friend it was starting to get really hard to stay positive there. I agree, failtastic economy, mostly horrid community, turning into a dating site instead of the generally pleasant game it used to be, and a more-than-likely overlooked suggestion and feedback board that's there for.... hell if I know.
    I guess it's to make people feel like they are going to do something... You know, hope and such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It would be cool if that *something* happened soon.
    See yas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sadly they wont do a thing about the prices ...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zraxs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    Good question. I only play DL. But I asked and it looks like in AL, their max gold is 99,999,999. I wish ours was.
    this is certainly a reasonable cap .
    Using Tapatalk