Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Restoring the Balance of Arlor | Important Changes in the 12/11/14 Update

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default Restoring the Balance of Arlor | Important Changes in the 12/11/14 Update

Good Evening Legends!

Remiem here with some important info about the latest Arcane Legends update on 12/11/2014.

The Ancient Planar Pendant Recipe Drop Rate

This has been a hot topic as of late. As of this update, the Planar Pendant Recipe has been increased and should drop reasonably more often after Arena runs. As you might know already, we set the drop rate on this recipe with the idea that it would be a grind that would last through the seasonal content and toward the time of the next expansion. However, after receiving a lot of community feedback on the impossible drop rate, we have reassessed the numbers.

In an update around 11/25 we raised the drop rate to a number that seemed more reasonable based on how many people were running the arena, how many recipes had dropped already, etc. In a later update a bug caused the drop rate to drop back down to its original rarity, causing another shortage in planar pendant recipes.

First, let me extend the apologies of our design and dev team for this unexpected change. In today's update, we raised the drop rate for the Planar Pendant recipe back to a level that will make it more obtainable without flooding the market, as originally intended. This means that the item IS still rare, but not unicorn, big foot, Loch Ness monster rare.

All of that being said, this situation has given us a lot of insight into how this form of itemization works for our game, and we will use this knowledge going forward to improve your play experience! Thank you all so much for you constructive feedback throughout this whole process. We always value your feedback and suggestions. They are what help Arlor continue to grow into a place that's fun and exciting for you to visit each day.

The Unexpected Return of Shady and Surge

UPDATE: Our Data Analyst ran another set of numbers and discovered that indeed only 2 Shady and Surge eggs were introduced into the game. The other entries in the database were trades and sales of those 2 pets among other players.

It came to our attention today that the Locked Grand Crates of Ursume has a very small chance to drop the Shady and Surge pet egg instead of The Brothers Whim. Our devs were able to react quickly and switch the pets out in the loot table so, as of this announcement, The Brothers Whim now drop as intended and Shady and Surge have been removed.

Luckily, thanks to the fast acting fingers of the devs the impact of this bug was minimal. Our numbers show that only 2 Shady and Surge eggs were introduced into the market as a result of this error. Again, I apologize for this unfortunate mix-up. The nature of the ever-evolving MMO means that something things like this do happen, and the best we can do is to rectify the situation as quickly as possible and move onward and upward! To the lucky recipients of the Shady and Surge eggs, we do not have any intention to remove these extra pets from the game. It was an honest mistake on our part and you rightfully paid to open the crates, so they are yours to keep. You lucky ducks really were at the exact right place at the right time.

As always, we appreciate your understanding and will do everything in our power to reduce mistakes like this in the future.
    Last edited by Remiem; 12-12-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Haha those drops had to be similar odds to getting bit by a shark while a bolt of lightning strikes you.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Hue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Collector of items for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This should be the case for the Vials as well. It'd be nice if someone would take a look in that item too. Thanks for the heads up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Good Evening Legends!

Remiem here with some important info about the latest Arcane Legends update on 12/11/2014.

The Ancient Planar Pendant Recipe Drop Rate

This has been a hot topic as of late. As of this update, the Planar Pendant Recipe has been increased and should drop reasonably more often after Arena runs. As you might know already, we set the drop rate on this recipe with the idea that it would be a grind that would last through the seasonal content and toward the time of the next expansion. However, after receiving a lot of community feedback on the impossible drop rate, we have reassessed the numbers.

In an update around 11/25 we raised the drop rate to a number that seemed more reasonable based on how many people were running the arena, how many recipes had dropped already, etc. In a later update a bug caused the drop rate to drop back down to its original rarity, causing another shortage in planar pendant recipes.

First, let me extend the apologies of our design and dev team for this unexpected change. In today's update, we raised the drop rate for the Planar Pendant recipe back to a level that will make it more obtainable without flooding the market, as originally intended. This means that the item IS still rare, but not unicorn, big foot, Loch Ness monster rare.

All of that being said, this situation has given us a lot of insight into how this form of itemization works for our game, and we will use this knowledge going forward to improve your play experience! Thank you all so much for you constructive feedback throughout this whole process. We always value your feedback and suggestions. They are what help Arlor continue to grow into a place that's fun and exciting for you to visit each day.

The Unexpected Return of Shady and Surge

It came to our attention today that the Locked Grand Crates of Ursume has a very small chance to drop the Shady and Surge pet egg instead of The Brothers Whim. Our devs were able to react quickly and switch the pets out in the loot table so, as of this announcement, The Brothers Whim now drop as intended and Shady and Surge have been removed.

Luckily, thanks to the fast acting fingers of the devs the impact of this bug was minimal. Our numbers show that only 8 Shady and Surge eggs were introduced into the market as a result of this error. Again, I apologize for this unfortunate mix-up. The nature of the ever-evolving MMO means that something things like this do happen, and the best we can do is to rectify the situation as quickly as possible and move onward and upward! To the lucky recipients of the Shady and Surge eggs, we do not have any intention to remove these extra pets from the game. It was an honest mistake on our part and you rightfully paid to open the crates, so they are yours to keep. You lucky ducks really were at the exact right place at the right time.

As always, we appreciate your understanding and will do everything in our power to reduce mistakes like this in the future.
    This is why we love you rem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

this is bullock lol accidental shady and surge instead of whim and 8 were looted lol. this is a joke right?

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Wow 8 more SNS is actually a lot..

__ Iady/Taste/Clope/Nedgeng__

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Never circumvent the change management system!

I do mean that in jest, I came into the software business at the advent of automated change management and we circumvented it frequently. Fortunately we were so good that never bit us in the rear... Cough cough...

Thanks for the fix! I'll try my luck again...
    Last edited by Thrindal; 12-11-2014 at 07:14 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

all I gotta say is. why not just switch sns egg to whim to those who looted it. this is just LOL. sns value at 150m+ wile whim is 30m LOL come on really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Big mistake, this is a 200m item in locked ursume!
    I'm really disappointed about this new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Are you kidding me on the Shady and Surge eggs? I'm pretty sure it's not April fools day.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Wth......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Thank you Remiem! This update is great for all the regular people who play the game and work hard at it, but can't afford to go leaderboard or open too many crates. The mythic pendent recipie shall see the light of day and I hope I too will be able to loot one within another 100 runs maybe?

As the S&S, shoot, I feel really bad for the people who grinded night and day in the Ursoth's event for this pet as it makes it a little less exclusive, but hey, at the price of Arcane ring plus 90m for that pet, it just wasn't for me xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

HA ! I don't understand how others looted whim and others sns. For me it doesn't makes any sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Just fyi, before the update I never had any glitching of bosses in winter event, but now glitch-glitch-glitch. I've grinded my way up to plat tier and attempting to keep my LB position, but these glitches are delaying the grind, lol. Syrillax mobs are still targetable after they die. Boss 5 aka the Noisy Whimps keep resetting. I'd like to be able to kill them for the points and tokens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Oh and btw. Now the event is mess up. Syrillax boss spawning those little minion after you kill them they won't disappear. So it keep drawing my aimshot and all attack.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Twoc not only event messed up , the whole AL is messed up gg sts

24. The Following User Says Thank You to mokdaddd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

ALSO. How about compensating the leaderboard event runner some energy or something because now that the last boss the guardian loot is fixed. we actually get 4 ICE DRAGON SCALE essence WOW JUST WOW. all this time. Been getting NOTHING. The amount of locks and gem I could have been crafting sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mokdaddd View Post
    Twoc not only event messed up , the whole AL is messed up gg sts
    didn't you loot an sns lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in