Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Exclamation What happened to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax?

Hey everyone!

There have been a lot of threads in relation to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax, mostly in regards to its stats and changes. This is an attempt to be transparent about what happened, and why it is in the way it is now that the event has gone live.

The original concept for the Eye involved crafting with Planar Essences, which are farmed in the end-game Planar Tombs and Planar Arena zones. The very nature of these zones limits the number of players who have the ability to farm and craft an Eye, and thus its stats reflected that rarity. Add to that the fact that at that time players did not receive an Eye as part of reaching platinum tier and this was going to be quite a rare gem indeed. After much feedback related to the public test, and internal discussions, the recipe was changed to be more accommodating of players of every level not only in regard to crafting the recipe, but also by granting every Platinum Tier player an Enchanted Eye immediately. Since multiple Eye’s can be used on a single character we had to weigh the potential possibility that some players would incorporate an entire set of Eye’s in their gear, which is comprised of (at maximum) 15 slots. With this feedback, and the likelihood that more players would be able to obtain it, we decided that the crit value had to compensate for its new level of availability.

With the test realm stats, the Eye granted around 2.13% Crit per gem at level 41. This multiplied by 15 sockets is an enormously game breaking 31.95% Crit. It was not a good idea to leave this as a possibility for the good of the game, and as a result the Crit was brought down to a more reasonable .97% Crit at level 41. In 15 sockets that’s still 14.55% Crit which is very large, but not as unmanageable.

On our end we failed to communicate that the server items were subject to change and were not permanent, and for that we apologize. The changes that had been made were also not updated in the appropriate locations. We will strive to avoid this sort of confusion in the future.

Thanks guys!
    - Carapace

UPDATE: 12/17

The Enchanted Eye of Syrillax will be updated in the next data push (Thursday 12/18). The gem will follow a similar formula as the Paracelsus Gem in that the first socketed gem will give better stats than any subsequent gems.

The gem will now give the following stats on lvl 41 items:

1st Gem: 3/3/3 DEX/INT/STR and +0.97% crit PLUS a 1.16% crit bonus
    2nd Gem: 3/3/3 DEX/INT/STR and +0.97% crit

and so on.

We hope this answers your feedback and suggestions in a way that makes this gem worth the grind to Platinum. It's certainly not easy to get there! And the reward should reflect that.

-Remiem

Edit: On an added note, the 1.16% Crit is a flat gain regardless of level. So for example at level 8 the base Crit is .31% PLUS the 1.16% Crit on the 1st Gem. This is not a bonus only for level 41 characters.

- Carapace
    Last edited by Carapace; 12-18-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

If this could have been communicated earlier.. but thanks anyways man..

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    You should've stayed whit your original vision.. Was so excited too hear that twinks wont get this gem and sadly you changed it cuz of few of them cried about it lol
    In the end it had more to do with keeping the event exciting for every level range. Every other aspect of our events adhere to this idea, so making it more accessible was the right call in terms of our known position on making the event appropriate for all levels and keeping it consistent.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

What about a scaling unstackable crit bonus and no crit at all in the gems' stats? This way no one would receive those dangerous crit numbers and the gem would retain some interest and feel like a platinum tier reward. At the moment, this is the first time I've heard people quitting mid-tier in an event because they believe the rewards are not worth the gold/plat nor time. At the time, I agree with them.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    What about a scaling unstackable crit bonus and no crit at all in the gems' stats? This way no one would receive those dangerous crit numbers and the gem would retain some interest and feel like a platinum tier reward. At the moment, this is the first time I've heard people quitting mid-tier in an event because they believe the rewards are not worth the gold/plat nor time. At the time, I agree with them.
    And because we all know Parth would be the first one running around with 80% crit o.O!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    Your main priority in events should be end gamers and the lb prize, not who got the most twinks too plat tier..
    You realise that its a lvl 18 rouge twink who is currently in first place on lb with 10k pts. Game shouldnt only be focus on end game. Twinks invest time and money on game too we should have same privledges.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Algorhythm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Carapace, please clarify... Remi posted this image and it says the enchanted eye has 1.54% crit, however you're saying it's .97% crit . Which is the correct information?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-12-11-59-32.png 
Views:	9236 
Size:	461.8 KB 
ID:	111487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-12-11-55-48.png 
Views:	9084 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	111488
    Last edited by leeelooo; 12-12-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Double imgs :/

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The post you were referencing was not updated with the correct information and included the Test Server stats for the item, which have since changed. the .97% Crit version is the correct version.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The first Eye MUST BE stay at 2.13% Crit. Then the second and so on of the Eye will be at .97% Crit. So that will be worth for everyone to REACH the Plat tier. That is My Opinion. Otherwise it is NOT worth to run for this Gem

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Firezmz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So nothing change?

Sts can't make an item interesting without breaking pvp? Actually this gem is a bit underpowered, tarlok gem is also competitive and more more cheaper.
    This is more harder to get Syrillax gem than para gem. As result it keep less interest than Para

In my opinion even if you don't up crit % , you can up a bit other thing and make plat tier runner more happy after this long effort

respectfully

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chirurgienne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

if all want 2.13% crit than warrior and mage health and armour should given a buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firezmz View Post
    The first Eye MUST BE stay at 2.13% Crit. Then the second and so on of the Eye will be at .97% Crit. So that will be worth for everyone to REACH the Plat tier. That is My Opinion. Otherwise it is NOT worth to run for this Gem
    Good suggestion !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The post you were referencing was not updated with the correct information and included the Test Server stats for the item, which have since changed. the .97% Crit version is the correct version.
    Thank you for clarification and in order to avoid more confusion I would suggest that you or Remi update this thread with an image that includes the correct information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Am I the only one that notice the calculation of Sts was wrong ? We don't have lvl41 mythic armor/helmet so the maximum crit bonus is not 15*0.97 or 15*2.13....

GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Lol so the gem gives 0.97%critical at level 41? Lmao how much does it gives at levels below 20?
    0.10%?
    Please give it a 5 % critical bonus for ALL levels who will not stuck with others syrillax gems equipped. So we will have a reason to reach platinum tier.
    Last edited by toxorto; 12-12-2014 at 12:49 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to toxorto For This Useful Post:

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The calculation is a worst case scenario of 3 sockets per item. While not typical, it is very possible and was the version that needed to be considered for the refactoring of the gem.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

I think we can more accommodating and understanding given the nature of crit chance in-game, I've just wish that these changes were released to us sooner. We were left in the dark and confused for a couple of days, and i have to fast track going Platinum tier to confirm it such back pain lol never again.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

As a platinum player I am deeply dissatisfied with this outcome. I have been paying this game for over 2 years now and with any announcement like this it is really hard not to get annoyed. Absolutely nothing you say is reliable and it seems I cannot make prudent decisions based on your announcements. Sholud you had written - 'This are preliminary stats, subject to revision' - I would not be making this post, but you did not.

I have heavily invested in getting to the plat tier in order to obtain both the recipe and the eye as rewards. Should i have known this info beforehand i would have not bothered to buy plats nor participate after reaching the gold tier. I used over 3k of mana potions and my god damn time during which i could play any other reliable game. I have also bought 3 more eyes of the market for approx. 3m and now this.

This is unacceptable!

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I was sad to see the orginal stats get nerfed because I saw the potential for having an awesome endgame mage with a ridiculous crit chance with my Scythe, but I totally understand the need for the adjustment.

I think 14.55% crit chance is very reasonable, it'd be like having an extra Shady and Surge around without all the actual pet benefits, LOL.

But I don't think that I'll be breaking my back to get to plat tier for an extra +3 str, dex, int and .97 on my mage.

If the stats bonus was higher I'd feel more compelled, but as it stands it's really not better than any normal grand gem.

Such work and expense for so little. ._.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt