Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to the Enchanted Eye of Syrillax?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The calculation is a worst case scenario of 3 sockets per item. While not typical, it is very possible and was the version that needed to be considered for the refactoring of the gem.
    So because one or two people out of tens of thousands may have 15 slots and fill them all with eyes, the entire community gets screwed out of a decent plat tier prize, and instead gets no incentive to run.

While I see that filling 15 slots with a critacular item would be a problem, surely there is some way to prevent this issue without making plat tier rewardless. Right now I am tempted to remove my eye and replace it with a gem that is actually beneficial, which is extremely depressing after how much effort it took me to get the damn thing.

if you can't make a gem that is both rewarding and un-exploitable, then you need to make something else as the prize. How about....I don't know....a new ring to replace the one we have worn for 10 levels? There's a concept.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This gem is in desperate need of some unstackable crit buff. Nothing exciting about +30 more HP/MP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    This gem is in desperate need of some unstackable crit buff. Nothing exciting about +30 more HP/MP.
    And that is 30 over a normal gem. Less increase over a grand (depending on type)
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Why dont you stick with original values and nerf it for PVP?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    I was sad to see the orginal stats get nerfed because I saw the potential for having an awesome endgame mage with a ridiculous crit chance with my Scythe, but I totally understand the need for the adjustment.

I think 14.55% crit chance is very reasonable, it'd be like having an extra Shady and Surge around without all the actual pet benefits, LOL.

But I don't think that I'll be breaking my back to get to plat tier for an extra +3 str, dex, int and .97 on my mage.

If the stats bonus was higher I'd feel more compelled, but as it stands it's really not better than any normal grand gem.

Such work and expense for so little. ._.
    Totally agreed with you. If they keep 2.13% Crit for the 1st Eye install, then from the second and so on at .97% Crit. I will run to plat tier. Otherwise, I WILL NOT. Not worth it. Putting too much time and Plats to get littleeee RESULT. Nahhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

So another update again -.- ...what for test server exist then?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justhell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Why dont you stick with original values and nerf it for PVP?
    As a PvE only gamer I would love to see this, but I dunno how much that entails for the devs.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The calculation is a worst case scenario of 3 sockets per item. While not typical, it is very possible and was the version that needed to be considered for the refactoring of the gem.
    Are you saying there will be new mythic helmet and armor next year? Otherwise we don't have 15 of those lvl41 socket slot, even for the max geared player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

One of the problem is that the gem gives just a minor crit boost to twink gear. Imo, I want to have the crit gain flat across all level and let the stat gain be unchanged.

BTW, the para gem give damage boost much more to low level (for example 15% dam gain on a lv15 gun compare to only 5% gain on lv41 gun) so letting this gem a bit overpowered for twink gear wont cause any complaints at all.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Every eye should grant 5% crit non stack able . But I guess I save the plat I bought and don't finish plat tier simple why can't the dev team can come out with better ideas is so simple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

In conclusion this gem is a huge let down and pointless to farm for it sts..
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Can we come up with some amicable solution for both parties?

What would make it worth the effort for you guys?

How about this:

5 1 1 0.97%
    3 3 3 0.97% 0.5 dmg
    4 2 1 0.97% 0.25 dmg

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You guys came up with a brilliant idea for solving this problem with the para gem. You made it so that the first gem gave a nice extra bonus, but then subsequent gems only give a smaller damage stat. I think it would be smart to use a similar formula for this gem.

Why not give an extra 2% crit bonus for the first gem, and then have the subsequent gems give the regular stats quoted above. That way you motivate every player to want to get one of these (keeping the demand there), while also making it not worthwhile to load up with a full set of these gems.

Also, I have another question.... do the stats of this gem (including the crit stat) scale to level? Or is it like the para gem and all levels get the same stats?

The reason para gems have caused issues at lower levels is because they don't scale. So a level 10 twink loading up with many para gems becomes quite OP. This not only affects PvP, but also affects PvE in relation to these events. With my level 10 twink mage, I can solo the bosses in this event faster than a 4 player party can at end game. My level 10 twink has considerably more damage than my main had during season 1 at the level 16 cap. Yet I believe PvE still scales the same as it did back then.

Another suggestion here: Perhaps lower level PvE needs to scale a bit differently to account for this. It will also make it more difficult for players to create a ton of alts just to run the event. Yes, those that are "pro" twinks should be running the event, and they have the gear to do so even if you make it more difficult. But when I try to do PUGs during this event, I will enter the dungeon and find I am with 3 other players who have the gear that drops from the bards quest and have 8 damage and 15 armor at level 10. No way players like this should be running the event and being able to achieve gold/plat tier, so making it more difficult at lower levels will stop this from happening.

That will then cause the gold & plat tier prizes to be more exclusive, thus they will be worth more and this will be more of a motivator for most players to achieve these tiers. Because right now it seems less expensive to just purchase the new recipe and an eye than actually running the event. I can purchase both for around 1.2m, and that price will surely drop over the coming weeks. How much will it cost me to purchase the energy to get to plat tier?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-12-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The thing I like about al is tHat the community is so opinionated
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    ― dr.seuss
    SL retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Perhaps you could create a scaling system which actually does the opposite to what it originally was supposed to do? Lower level players recieve up to 2% crit per gem, while end gamers recieve 1% crit. As twinks aren't walking around with 30% crit, (infact rogues stuggle to reach 20% crit if they dont have a pet which gives 10%+ crit) it could be nice to see crit become a factor in twinks too. The majority of twinks i see have around 3% crit, unless you are a rogue/have samael, but even then, the highest achievable amount of crit is still 20% crit. It would make twinks more exciting -add that end game feel to twinks where crit is inevitable- and it gives the twinks the boost of crit they were looking forward to receiving from this event.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

If youre not going to change the gems stats then you should consider increasing the eyes drop rate. Right now its insanely rare making the recipe nearly useless for an overpriced gem. Just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Cara you see we all dislike the gem and its new stats. You change it for us and we will happily plat many toons to get them. No problem!

Ener had the best suggestions.

1. Scale it to the equipment level that its placed in
    2. Scale it so only the first one gives the crit punch and each subsequent is less

Let us have ONE gem w/ the original stats at end game.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yes,,,, in order to reach the Plat Tier, at least ONE gem w/ the original stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

bring back paracelsu soul stone . :-p lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Imo a gem for plat tier no matter how OP sucks, a vanity as a LB prize also sucks. You need to start making these events worth running again.

Ursoth was on the right track for rewards, so many people were desperately farming for Dovabear (even tho his aa sucks) and SnS the best pet in the game and only available through the event (huhu) gems and vanities just feel bleurgh, I dont even have motivation to reach gold tier because I know ill be able to buy yowie in 1-2 weeks for the cost of 5-10 energy kits. And as for plat tier for that gem just lol