Thread: Prefer common/rare 55 gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Prefer common/rare 55 gear?

My main just hit 55 today. I'm a pure int elf. I checked out the pinks, and while I think they are better stat for stat, I don't think they're good enough to merit spending the gold. The flushers gem/gemstone uncommons are excellent for hp and mana gain, armor, and hit%. The lowman's gem/gemstone rares are again good on the regain and pretty good on dps due to 3 pieces adding 10 dmg on each. The armor drops a bit and my hit% drops to around 97.

I havent looked at dex and str stuff yet but I'd have to say I prefer these two sets over the pinks personally. Does anyone else agree?
    Last edited by Bonniewinters; 02-13-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Pretty sure I'll use a combo of both to get some regen and keep some of the damage. It's great we have options, used to be there was a top item and everyone had the same bow/etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This is what I'm planning on checking out once I hit 55 tonight. I'm thinking that the gear that adds damage will be better than "Keeper Enchantress" set and cyber (without wand/shield) for mage. It's just a guess though but I figured that I'd take a look. It's be pretty surprising if that was the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

For Int, the Lowman's greens are very nice, but I can't help but prefer the Mega Mage items with 10 amor, 8 M/s and 10 damage each, and that's base damage so adds directly to skills. Sure there's a big price difference, and it may not be worth it, but the pinks are definitely the best Int items.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

In terms of dex gear, it's kind of annoying. There is gear with good armor and regen, but that's it's only strength. Pretty much, the two good types of archer gear are

-purple Henchman gear (decent armor and an oustanding +12 damage a piece)
    -pink Raid Roach gear (slightly less armor, with some godly 10 crit and +6 damage a piece uncrafted)

You can mix and match a bit, and craft a custom roach piece, trading 6 damage for 6 H/s. But basically, you can either play the DPS god with crap armor and regen, or the regen/armor god with extremely lowered damage.

I kinda wish dex pink gear was the best overall gear like STR/INT pinks tho.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]