Thread: Rogue Fighting Style

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viziam View Post
    Really good info for new rogues. Thanks guys.

I've been charging aimed shot and nox because I seem to be getting bigger damage crits, but it seems like you guys don't do that.

For pierce Ive been charging that as well.. And I took the 3 added targets upgrade.. No good?
    I only charge skills while I'm moving between mob pulls and when I am preparing to launch Ribbit or Gyrm's AA. Other than that, the only time I find it appropriate to charge Aimed Shot is in the arena, under the Proximity Curse.

Charged Shadow pierce is good for two things, evading boss red zones and piercing through single mobs to the other side so you can run through a map faster. Other than that, I don't think I ever charge pierce.

The reason for rarely charging is because in the 1.5-2 seconds it takes to charge a skill, you could launch a full Aimed, Nox, Pierce combo. Not only does the combo do more damage than a single charged Aimed Shot, but it also keeps your crit stack at its peak, which (with the right pets) means almost everything will be critting.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I only charge skills while I'm moving between mob pulls and when I am preparing to launch Ribbit or Gyrm's AA. Other than that, the only time I find it appropriate to charge Aimed Shot is in the arena, under the Proximity Curse.

Charged Shadow pierce is good for two things, evading boss red zones and piercing through single mobs to the other side so you can run through a map faster. Other than that, I don't think I ever charge pierce.

The reason for rarely charging is because in the 1.5-2 seconds it takes to charge a skill, you could launch a full Aimed, Nox, Pierce combo. Not only does the combo do more damage than a single charged Aimed Shot, but it also keeps your crit stack at its peak, which (with the right pets) means almost everything will be critting.
    Wow Kali.. Thanks for explaining that. It's really improved my game! I'm now critting on almost all of that combo, until I run out of mana.. It's freakin awesome! Thanks man! I love the rogue community here..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Viziam For This Useful Post: