View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samaeldavisjr View Post
    then why would everyone want arcane pets then? screw buying sam, nekro, or whatever. just buy a 3m gold legendary pet and call it good. rolls eyes
    You could buy slag for 700k with a 60-70% panic, doesn't mean its better than Sam. Twoc makes a fair point. 30-40% freeze is fair imo so long as the duration is reduced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Why play mage at all? Its obvious only players who like getting crapped on play this toon. Its a HUGE slap in the face to all the mages who were waiting for real change....only to find all other toons can now use a skill that was taken away from us for being "op"

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Correction. That should help mages not get squished the second they lose their spawn bubble.
    We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    I dont care if it still freezes the only problem is its to long.
    The AA we can avoid but its the passive thats make me go on a rage mode. I'm more freezed by the passive then the AA
    Maybe do it like HORN skill if 1 cast the AA of breeze the other breeze can't freeze us after the first one till the time is done.
    And ofcourse reduce the time being freezed.

I might give it a shot again on my 41 mage if we have freeze back.
    I mainly quited endgame because i'm playin as a mage the main reason is all the skills a mage have it turned into a pet. Whats the use to play a mage nowadays if pets can do the same 'skills'..
    Yup Endgame or Twink warriors /Rogues now have access to:
    Stun
    Panic
    Freeze
    Curse
    BiG heal over times
    High Armors
    Even great Mana regen pets n Amulets
    Pull/ Push

Mages left with:
    Mana -.-
    Low HP
    2% chance to root if u luckily have Gun..
    Slow movement ( U need Wind to move 25%.. which is not fast enough yet against Axethrow)
    Very low armor..
    15 Sec protection with shield.. That doesn't stand against high rogue n warrior damages.
    N without it ...death
    Also being renamed to "Food" in pvp these days.. Yippey -.-
    Last edited by Linkincena; 12-18-2014 at 02:05 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The debate continues on this one, but here are some ideas on how to address this issue from my standpoint (Next year, due to the holidays).

Before we go any further, please note that...
    These ideas are all subject to change, and are not promises!

Given the nature of Freezing in PvP being a notable point of discussion, previously removed and now re-introduced through this pet, I'm openly discussing this with the hopes of reaching a compromise that the community agrees with us upon. This is a large list to digest, and not all of them might necessarily happen if it were to be applied so take it with a grain of salt. At the moment I feel this combination yields a nice compromise, the goal of which is to take some of the sting off players who purchased Breeze for this intent, and accommodate where necessary to balance out the extremes. With this in mind, here are some potential ideas.

- Breeze's Passive Attacks can still freeze players in PvP, but will have their own isolated immunity of about 10 seconds (normal stun immunity is 7.5 seconds). This would mean that you could come out of a freeze and then be stunned immediately after by a stun effect. This seems noteworthy enough to mention. It's also possible to tie them together in that you either get the 10 second immunity from a freeze, or 7.5 seconds from a stun. This also sounds a bit silly, but freeze sounds like a larger problem given the amount of time a freeze can last.

- Mages Frostbolt would be receive the same effect as Breeze's passive ability, including the 10 second immunity, and they would be inclusive of each other. This means If you for example froze a player with frost bolt, Breeze could not freeze them before that 10 seconds was up.

- Maximum freeze time reduced (amount would be determined at a later time, but I'm thinking 2 - 2.5 seconds)

- During the freeze, about every .5 seconds there will be a X% chance for the trapped player to break free. This would likely be around 25% or 33%, but could go as high as 50% depending on the maximum length of the freeze.

- Breeze's Activated Ability will remain on the generic Stun Immunity as it's tied to a cool down

Thanks for working with me on this guys, let's hear some thoughts.

- Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

If we're not going to scrap it, this is an 100% immobilization effect that doesn't only stack on stun but also on panic/terrify. That is quite powerful, seeing how even the best arcane abilities at the past had at best a 70% chance to cause that and for a much smaller duration of time. So two seconds duration with a 10 second immunity sounds good. 25% chance to break free every .5 seconds as well if the sorcerers are getting it back.

Mainly reducing the duration is what we should focus on, IMO. Should adjust that to start off so the rest of the players won't have to deal with this imbalance for another month+.
    Last edited by Madnex; 12-18-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    I dont care if it still freezes the only problem is its to long.
    The AA we can avoid but its the passive thats make me go on a rage mode. I'm more freezed by the passive then the AA
    Maybe do it like HORN skill if 1 cast the AA of breeze the other breeze can't freeze us after the first one till the time is done.
    And ofcourse reduce the time being freezed.

I might give it a shot again on my 41 mage if we have freeze back.
    I mainly quited endgame because i'm playin as a mage the main reason is all the skills a mage have it turned into a pet. Whats the use to play a mage nowadays if pets can do the same 'skills'..
    Rogue more fun anyways :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The debate continues on this one, but here are some ideas on how to address this issue from my standpoint (Next year, due to the holidays).

Given the nature of Freezing in PvP being a notable point of discussion, previously removed and now re-introduced through this pet, I'm openly discussing this with the hopes of reaching a compromise that the community agrees with us upon. This is a large list to digest, and not all of them might necessarily happen if it were to be applied so take it with a grain of salt. At the moment I feel this combination yields a nice compromise, the goal of which is to take some of the sting off players who purchased Breeze for this intent, and accommodate where necessary to balance out the extremes. With this in mind, here are some potential ideas.

- Breeze's Passive Attacks can still freeze players in PvP, but will have their own isolated immunity of about 10 seconds (normal stun immunity is 7.5 seconds). This would mean that you could come out of a freeze and then be stunned immediately after by a stun effect. This seems noteworthy enough to mention. It's also possible to tie them together in that you either get the 10 second immunity from a freeze, or 7.5 seconds from a stun. This also sounds a bit silly, but freeze sounds like a larger problem given the amount of time a freeze can last.

- Mages Frostbolt would be receive the same effect as Breeze's passive ability, including the 10 second immunity, and they would be inclusive of each other. This means If you for example froze a player with frost bolt, Breeze could not freeze them before that 10 seconds was up.

- Maximum freeze time reduced (amount would be determined at a later time, but I'm thinking 2 - 2.5 seconds)

- During the freeze, about every .5 seconds there will be a X% chance for the trapped player to break free. This would likely be around 25% or 33%, but could go as high as 50% depending on the maximum length of the freeze.

- Breeze's Activated Ability will remain on the generic Stun Immunity as it's tied to a cool down

- Carapace
    They just receive shield buff. If this happening, grats guys. Its look like Mage going to be OP class next year.

Mage :
    PvE : High
    PvP : High

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lol the rogue and warrior reign is over!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spellcheck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froxanthar View Post
    They just receive shield buff. If this happening, grats guys. Its look like Mage going to be OP class next year.

Mage :
    PvE : High
    PvP : High
    Lol unless our base armor and health is equal to rogue/warrior we will never be the best class. Don't forget rogues and warriors have skills that remove immobilizing effects..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spellcheck View Post
    Lol the rogue and warrior reign is over!
    *rogue puts on razor shield*
    *mage throws ice*
    *nothing happens*
    *rogue presses aimed shot*
    *mage dead.

What changed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    *mage throws ice*
    *nothing happens*
    *mage dead.

What changed?
    or....
    *rogue use aimed shot*
    *mage dead*

or....
    *rogue use charged attack*
    *mage throws ice*
    *both stunned*
    *rogue 1 shot mage*

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I hope you implement these changes. Right now, a mage with the new gun and breeze can potentially keep an opponent locked for up to 10 FREAKING SECONDS. This is not OP, its akin to the Bulwark with its 100% proc chance - should not ever be happening. Shorten freeze times and make the immunity 7.5 seconds, and everyone's happy. 6 or more seconds is just too gamechanging.

Imagine this scenario: a Breeze using player freezes an opponent in an SNS pool. There is literally NOTHING that opponent can do until the freeze is over; and we all know how hard SnS hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

- Carapace
    That would be Ok.. and balanced since breeze is not earned so easily . .
    Do give a look at Ice Subskills if they could give a Use in pvp..
    1st Subskill - 20% chance to AOE freeze
    4th Subskill - Freeze Pool Spawn if someone passes over it ( Breeze is having the ability of spawn freezing pool i guess)

(Meanwhile also give a small look at Mage Heal over time..since it has been at lvl 16 since ages)
    Last edited by Linkincena; 12-18-2014 at 09:56 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

- Carapace
    Hopefully this happens.
    Mages at twink brakets are seriously just target pratice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    *mage throws ice*
    *nothing happens*
    *mage dead.

What changed?
    Razor shield only stay for 5secs
    Mage will not get 1 hit if their shield up + 2secs invulnerability
    After razor cooled of mage can stun rogue before he pick up all his pack
    Mage kill rogue with 2k-3k crit

Another scenario

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

have you seen rogue does 7k hp combo ? lolz........
    mage light crit is only 20% not even 50% - what are you complaining about mage lightning crit?

2 sec invulnerability is nothing if you didnt charge it ... mage is gone by the time shield is charge if we get hit then we died as well - no win win situation.

legendary pet can freeze, give arcane pet SNS a passive stun attack as well!
    Last edited by will0; 12-19-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

If you can't survive five seconds (razor's duration, which the majority of rogues isn't currently using) to charge fire/gale followed by ice when they start moving and stunlock to death then something's up with your mage build and/or skill. Add a terrify/panic pet and that's the whole fight with your opponent just sitting there powerless. Both ice and fire are 100% chance of stun/freeze and can definitely be alternated with ease. Not to mention that ice can be used as a starter since it requires no charge to freeze plus it has the shortest cooldown of the mage's skills.

Drastic reduce of the duration on the pet's AA and passive chance of freeze. This is game-breaking.
    Last edited by Madnex; 12-19-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    (razor's duration, which the majority of rogues isn't currently using)
    Which the majority of rogues aren't currently using...

*runs away giggling*
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I always die when 1 vs 1 against mage as a warrior.. smh.
    Last edited by Froxanthar; 12-19-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: i cant say name.