View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Robhawk

Breeze is just another BIG mistake in the history of big mistakes that STS did... A daaaamn legendary pet stunning everything for years... oh woooow -> WELL DONE !!!! Now get back to sleep devs!

@STS: Just rehatch all my pets so i can sell them and after that i buy a breeze and im fine! Who needs samaels or singes anymore... LMAO !

BTW: What is the purpose that the mage-class has NO stun immunity skills while the rogues and warriors have? At the same time warriors and rogues have equal stun skills? Perhaps any dev can explain this to me because imho this is just another BIG design mistake that YOU DONT CARE ABOUT!!!

I also have an idea for another legendary pet, breeze2: Just no stats, no primary boost, no crit, no damage nothing just give it an arcane ability:AOE stun for 30 seconds! Then i can kill even the hardest badass rogues and warriors even naked... punching mages without a weapon also look very funny and the opponents should enjoy this, i guess!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 12-16-2014 at 04:28 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

IMO.... activate all skill in all character as in the skill description, and create pet that can counter the skill. As as result, there will be no OP character, because all skill have their counter.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    IMO.... activate all skill in all character as in the skill description, and create pet that can counter the skill. As as result, there will be no OP character, because all skill have their counter.
    Thats also good idea..
    But since as we see that STS is very busy busy guys with lots of other priorities..
    So currently only 1 implementation will be enough.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Thats also good idea..
    But since as we see that STS is very busy busy guys with lots of other priorities..
    So currently only 1 implementation will be enough.....
    And that will be make breeze's freeze not work in pvp. Or make mage's ice freeze and timeshift root working in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    And that will be make breeze's freeze not work in pvp. Or make mage's ice freeze and timeshift root working in pvp.
    Oh I forgot to say, make banish work in pvp too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Oh I forgot to say, make banish work in pvp too.
    Somebody already said that bro -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

What i like about this is mage skills are all in pets atm.
    Mage skills:
    Slag fireball / Breeze ice / heal sns / shield scorch+nekro

Tank skills:
    shield nekro / axe frosteye+whims (pulling)

Rogue skills:
    Heum nothin?
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response on this one, it's been pretty busy here as you speculate. Having said that, we believe we're going to go with the removal of the freeze effect from Breeze in PvP.

Breeze seems to be the big offender here, and I thought it would be a good idea to point out that the original intent for Breeze is as a crowd control pet for Planar Tombs as well as other zones in PvE. The PvP overlap was unexpected, and indeed over powered as everyone is talking about. Much like Freeze was removed from Sorcerer's abilities the PvP effect of Breeze's Passive Freeze should be removed.

Am I misunderstanding that it's Breeze's passive level 41 chance to freeze that is creating the problem?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed response on this one, it's been pretty busy here as you speculate. Having said that, we believe we're going to go with the removal of the freeze effect from Breeze in PvP.

Breeze seems to be the big offender here, and I thought it would be a good idea to point out that the original intent for Breeze is as a crowd control pet for Planar Tombs as well as other zones in PvE. The PvP overlap was unexpected, and indeed over powered as everyone is talking about. Much like Freeze was removed from Sorcerer's abilities the PvP effect of Breeze's Passive Freeze should be removed.

Am I misunderstanding that it's Breeze's passive level 41 chance to freeze that is creating the problem?
    Thank you!

Also, both the AA and passive can freeze. I think that you should allow the passive to remain though that way people still have some reason to use it in PvP. The current implementation, with stun immunity rules in place, has not seemed to work. I am still able to get frozen over and over again via Breeze.

Also, any word on the eye gem or Frost-Touched Bow proc? The bow itself has a very low chance to proc and loses the amazing heal abilities of Elon bow (which I am fine with). I just think that if one is giving up Elon bow's healing capabilities, the proc should occur more than a 1-2% chance.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Hey guys,

Ty!! Remove the whole freeze things (AA/ Passive both) from pvp. Freeze never was intended to work in pvp anyway.
    Thanks Cara!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Ah.. I would have loved mage freeze work ^_^
    But anyways now..
    *tries to find a corner to cry*

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

PvP effect of Breeze's Passive Freeze should be removed.
    can you make this clear? So just remove the passive freeze? I am curious as I might misunderstand things and will just waste grinding off on tombs for another useless nerffed pet.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    can you make this clear? So just remove the passive freeze? I am curious as I might misunderstand things and will just waste grinding off on tombs for another useless nerffed pet.
    Lols

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The Activated Ability can still freeze, however it is subject to the PvP Immunity effects. Breeze's passive attack with a chance to freeze however is quite high, making it not a practical choice to make related to the stun immunity because instead of a constant stun, you would be very susceptible to the reality that after being frozen you have ~10 seconds before it freezes you again. A bit of an exaggeration, but in PvP anything that removes your ability to move or function feels exponentially longer!

The current plan is to strip his PvP Freeze ability, but before doing so want to make sure everyone understands that this means only his AA has a chance to freeze in PvP, and that his passive will not at all. He will more or less become not a PvP go to pet at this point.

If the idea is to preserve his ability to freeze, but extend or special case it's immunity so that in a worse case scenario it could freeze once every 12 seconds at least this is doable. The complication is of course Mages don't get this, having a pet that does this feels a bit cheap. I'm in favor of disabling the PvP freeze component of Breeze's passive attack, but if the community would prefer we can give it a special immunity that has a longer effective time than typical stun immunity in PvP.

Thanks for working with me on this guys,
    Carapace
    Last edited by Carapace; 12-16-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrogenie View Post
    I couldn't agree more ^. people that mix up the mage freeze with breeze freeze there's a reason sts made breeze's freeze allowed in PvP while at the same time knowing mages freeze doesn't. They didn't forget, they know exactly what they did and its because mages freeze is class specific which creates an unbalance and jealousy where breeze is not. Anyone and everyone can get a breeze and have freeze. That was there idea in the first place. Now agreed its was way too op with that 15 sec stuff. Indeed It needed to be cut down but if it weren't completely removed I wouldn't mind. And yes I am a mage.
    Unbalance and jealousy?!! Kill me now...

Mages are way underpowered, only thing that will happen by adding freeze to the blue dudes, is a more balanced pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

+1000000000000000000000

Carapace a big THANK YOU
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Lols
    Im just asking as I am about to buy 2 of these.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

The Activated Ability can still freeze, however it is subject to the PvP Immunity effects. Breeze's passive attack with a chance to freeze however is quite high, making it not a practical choice to make related to the stun immunity because instead of a constant stun, you would be very susceptible to the reality that after being frozen you have ~10 seconds before it freezes you again. A bit of an exaggeration, but in PvP anything that removes your ability to move or function feels exponentially longer!

The current plan is to strip his PvP Freeze ability, but before doing so want to make sure everyone understands that this means only his AA has a chance to freeze in PvP, and that his passive will not at all. He will more or less become not a PvP go to pet at this point.

If the idea is to preserve his ability to freeze, but extend or special case it's immunity so that in a worse case scenario it could freeze once every 12 seconds at least this is doable. The complication is of course Mages don't get this, having a pet that does this feels a bit cheap. I'm in favor of disabling the PvP freeze component of Breeze's passive attack, but if the community would prefer we can give it a special immunity that has a longer effective time than typical stun immunity in PvP.

Carapace
    It would be good if 30 sec Freeze immunity..

* n if get time.. think about giving mages their freeze or root skills too*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Carapace
    How can freeze didn't work in pvp all these years and now one pet breaks all the rules and to make up that it follows stun immunity rules?
    if Freeze works in pvp under stun immunity rules then make it for every other freezes eg: mage's ice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

How can freeze didn't work in pvp all these years and now one pet breaks all the rules and to make up that it follows stun immunity rules?
    if Freeze works in pvp under stun immunity rules then make it for every other freezes eg: mage's ice
    Agreed