View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Mages faster, if mage no heal and get an crit of 3-4k without shield mages wil be dead, mage dies fast in pvp then rouges do...
    I still think Freeze with immunity including stun should do well... Rogues should be able to escape freeze using Razor shield and Warriors using Juggernaut . ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1

sent from crusty crab using a payphone

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Just sad this wasnt addressed at the beginning. BEFORE any CTF event or any further into this 'awesome' Winter Event. rolls eyes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can see breeze becoming the next scorch. Then again there will be threads of #bufffreeze. STS should really stick to a no change policy once released. Before release show sample videos of how pet/item/weapon works in pvp and pve and its stats. Communities state in their views and once released no matter what arcane number of threads are here you stick to the original released plan. The people will then "find" a way out of it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PPl is just too sad see a legendary pet got a good AA , they r sad they pay 20M+ for a pet arcane op , n a legendary with bad stats n only a gud AA is 3M around.. all i see that.. all ppl talk about breeze ruined pvp but paragem alrdy have ruined pvp.. only the rich cry for thi pet..
    H.F!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamid Ahfir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

How about you just remove breeze ability to 1/2 second in PVP or completely nullify it in PVP but increase PVE status. Also reduce para gems to half the damage it would normally give when in PVP, therefore everyones happy.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

This is the OP bulwark all over again, people should seriously stop trying to buy things that are too OP to rule in PvP even when they know its probably going to get nerfed. Follow this golden rule and you'll be just fine:

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Obviously this pet needs to be nerfed, there is literally no way one can win against a Breeze without using cheap tactics, such as using another player as a target dummy so Breeze freezes them, leaving you free to attack. I'm just hoping this doesn't go down the path of the Bulwark, with STS leaving it unnerfed for a MONTH, then drastically nerfing it.

The following changes could make breeze a good pet worth buying:

1. Its freeze is removed from PvP. The AA instead becomes an 80% slow for the whole duration.
    2. The pet's ranged attack is removed, replaced with a melee attack. This increases the effectiveness in PvE.

OR:

1. Its auto target is removed. When the AA is pressed, it drops a freeze pool where it is standing.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Poll closes tomorrow guys ..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    You r not alone All complainer dont have breeze so they dont know how stupid breeze is, how slowly breeze is, how blind breeze is, etc. If they have breeze, maybe they'll ask sts to fix breeze stupidly.
    You right this pet is stupid! I dont think breeze owners realise how op this pet really is.
    try facing a team who stack breeze in pvp. Try being vulnerable for 7-15 secs standing there while you take all the hits. We all know 5 tanks is ridiculous strategy in pvp try facing a team with breeze or yet a team who stack breeze! Then tell me your opinion again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    So when/"if" this pet becomes useless, what is the point of farming it? Surely the price will drop so drastically the pet will be useless to farm and useless to use. If people are complaining too much about it why not just follow the expressions "If you cannot beat them. Join them" and get this little blue lizard for yourself. People who may not own this pet are the ones complaining that its too op. If it gets a nerf what about the people that spent 2 to +3m to use this pet effectively. I have bought one and I know I wont be a happy camper Just remember every decision made will make someone upset. I think it would be wise to keep Breeze as it is to.. 1) Keep the price up so endgamers have something worthy to make money off. 2)People who have already bought and opened this pet will get what they deserve - a good pet. 3)Give anyone else who has not bought it the chance to see from our perspective on the pet.
    Oh and... Bring back mages ability to freeze
    Wouldnt mind spending 2-3m for this pet how ever am not spending on something that have a possibilty of being nerf again. Look at singe he boosted party stat by 50-80% before (cant remember) now only 8%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Mages with freeze is going to be OP I reckon, see the rage breeze has causes us lol if mage will get their freeze back because of this poll then make it a micro-stun 0.5 - 1 sec.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Change is a must, sts bring new gear and pet to make this game still fun. The point is we can buy that pet or farm tombs to get one, so if hard to fight team with 3-4 breeze u should find team like that too, all ppl can get that pet. Its not like sns with his op pool and not all ppl can have that pet. I just dont understand with ppl who always cry in pvp, if they bring arcane pet so we bring arcane too, if they have breeze we should have breeze too. So simple.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Axesam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

so the ppl wasted their 20m on arcane pets like sam only to be replaced by a 2m breeze huh@axesam?

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Ok lets be honest, 90 percent of the people who voted yes are probably mages with a biased opinion. There is a reason mages freeze was removed from pvp before and that reason still holds true. Because it was op

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Ok lets be honest, 90 percent of the people who voted yes are probably mages with a biased opinion. There is a reason mages freeze was removed from pvp before and that reason still holds true. Because it was op
    Yeah.. this imbalance was created at game start...

See here whats happening at end game now :

Warriors: No skills Blocked

Rogues : No Skills Blocked ( 10% Damage Debuff in pvp) (correct me here) .. Have Normal criticals beyond 40% now ..which compensates for 10% debuffs..
    Average rogues also have damages greater than or equal to mages... unstoppable . ..

Sorcerer: Root blocked, Freeze blocked,
    Average Mages have low critical percentages (less than 20 or 25%)..so lightning isn't lucky everytime.
    (That 10% Shield Buff made a damage absorb Increase to approx. 200 to 250 HP and Shield cooldown by 2 secs made slight difference ... try compare it to 4000 to 6000 Aimed shot in endgame lol)
    Mage HP at end game doesn't cross 3200 or 3500 pts at lvl 41... unless u use kershal or Arcane Pet or Malison...

Lets look at results over 2 years of Time since the game started:

Rogues are leaders in:
    Time runs
    Leaders in Number of pvp kills.. Mages are not even close to Rank 25 Pvp leaderboard rogues . ..
    Fastest Killers... no doubt since cooldowns of Skills are either 2 secs or 3 secs ...

Rogues can also pop 6 Packs with 2 absorbs(3 before and 3 after) each buffing 1000 hP in single pack.. Plus good Heal over times.....

Warriors : Are Scarier in endgame with high damages comparable to Mages now... making em harder and harder to kill over time ....

A lot more experience can be added here by players who have stayed in game for more than 2 years...
    Last edited by Linkincena; 12-26-2014 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Agreed mages were op many many seasons ago, 90% of mages now are nothing more than food due to tanks and rogues with unbelievable armor and damage. Sure some mages are gonna be biased but the same can be said for rogues and tanks who want to continue to be the dominant classes right?

With freeze having a high chance to break free every .5 seconds and also its own stun immunity timer there is no way mages will be considered op, it will only restore some balance to the weakest class.

Sure there will be fully geared mages who you wont be able to kill which is how it should be with class equality and only equipment and skill to factor in. On the other hand .5 seconds freeze will in no way stop a rogue from one hitting a mage as soon as shield drops, and a common practice for a skilled rogue is to wait until shield drops before opening fire anyway! So warrior's will become food to mages? No, because against a half decent tank stun 2 seconds panic 2.5-3 seconds freeze .5-2.5 seconds is the tank dead? No because he is a tank and most mages simply cannot deal the dps to down a decent geared warrior. Factor in razor shield and juggernaut stun immunity and theres nothing really to worry about for tanks or rogues, the only difference will be the stun class will have one stun that works.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Agreed mages were op many many seasons ago, 90% of mages now are nothing more than food due to tanks and rogues with unbelievable armor and damage. Sure some mages are gonna be biased but the same can be said for rogues and tanks who want to continue to be the dominant classes right?

With freeze having a high chance to break free every .5 seconds and also its own stun immunity timer there is no way mages will be considered op, it will only restore some balance to the weakest class.

Sure there will be fully geared mages who you wont be able to kill which is how it should be with class equality and only equipment and skill to factor in. On the other hand .5 seconds freeze will in no way stop a rogue from one hitting a mage as soon as shield drops, and a common practice for a skilled rogue is to wait until shield drops before opening fire anyway! So warrior's will become food to mages? No, because against a half decent tank stun 2 seconds panic 2.5-3 seconds freeze .5-2.5 seconds is the tank dead? No because he is a tank and most mages simply cannot deal the dps to down a decent geared warrior. Factor in razor shield and juggernaut stun immunity and theres nothing really to worry about for tanks or rogues, the only difference will be the stun class will have one stun that works.
    Just because i said that mages shouldnt be given freeze back doesnt mean that mages shouldnt be buffed. Ive said it in many different posts that mages shield and lifegiver should be buffed to provide more survivability but i wont say the specifics right now. The reason mages shouldnt be given freeze back is because they would have 3 ways to prevent their enemy from moving or using any skills while rogues and warriors would have 2. This is the flaw in allowing freeze. Mages could stun with fireball, then use their freeze, then use a panic pet like samael. And by the time all thst is done the stun immunity timer will be just about up and mages can stun AGAIN. They wouldnt even need lifegiver because their enemies wouldnt be able to do anything before they died. And also you guys only think about endgame. Rogues dont have 40% crit at endgame, without a crit pet at lvl 17 we have 9-10. A good mage can already kill rogues 1v1 at my lvl. And what ticks me off the most about the surge of people wanting mage freeze to come back is that hardly anyone was asking for mage freeze back in pvp before breeze was introduced. This means most of you mages are trying to use a broken pet ability that has broken pvp as justification to break pvp even more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    so the ppl wasted their 20m on arcane pets like sam only to be replaced by a 2m breeze huh@axesam?
    i have samael too but when another pet better i'll use that pet. Ppl complaining all the time that AL dominate by rich ppl who can get arcane item and arcane pet, and now sts give u cheap pet (compare to samael) and ppl still complaining *sigh*

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    Correct. It's already been stated. Breeze was not meant to be more useful than arcane pets. It was a mistake. This is why we aren't playing legendary legends. Excited for devs to make him how he was meant to function.
    I DIED @This is why we aren't playing legendary legends.... LMAO almost fell outta my chair when I read this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Just because i said that mages shouldnt be given freeze back doesnt mean that mages shouldnt be buffed. Ive said it in many different posts that mages shield and lifegiver should be buffed to provide more survivability but i wont say the specifics right now. The reason mages shouldnt be given freeze back is because they would have 3 ways to prevent their enemy from moving or using any skills while rogues and warriors would have 2. This is the flaw in allowing freeze. Mages could stun with fireball, then use their freeze, then use a panic pet like samael. And by the time all thst is done the stun immunity timer will be just about up and mages can stun AGAIN. They wouldnt even need lifegiver because their enemies wouldnt be able to do anything before they died. And also you guys only think about endgame. Rogues dont have 40% crit at endgame, without a crit pet at lvl 17 we have 9-10. A good mage can already kill rogues 1v1 at my lvl. And what ticks me off the most about the surge of people wanting mage freeze to come back is that hardly anyone was asking for mage freeze back in pvp before breeze was introduced. This means most of you mages are trying to use a broken pet ability that has broken pvp as justification to break pvp even more
    BreezeFreeze is the underlying issue here ofcourse, would you be ok if the next legendary pet had an aimed shot?
    It seems STS are unwilling to remove BreezeFreeze from pvp because some people spent 3m on it!? (Lol @Bulweak, Singe, STS nerf history) therefore if a pet can have a mage skill why cant a mage?

As stated previously by a mod freeze will be placed into its own stun immunity category so that permastuns won't happen. Your point about warrior and rogue having 2 stuns and mages having 3... well we're the stun class right? And what about skill swap which we cant do anymore? Try being a mage in pvp without both shield and lifegiver. So with fb and ice mages lose their only real damage source (lightning) therefore maybe you will be stunned a couple seconds longer but chances are you will take less damage anyway.