View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Change is a must, sts bring new gear and pet to make this game still fun. The point is we can buy that pet or farm tombs to get one, so if hard to fight team with 3-4 breeze u should find team like that too, all ppl can get that pet. Its not like sns with his op pool and not all ppl can have that pet. I just dont understand with ppl who always cry in pvp, if they bring arcane pet so we bring arcane too, if they have breeze we should have breeze too. So simple.
    THIS is not the point being made. BREEZE pet has made pvp ridiculous.

Example: Clashes/GW's usually last 20secs-60secs for complete defeat depending on team setup. Now enter players with 2 Breeze pets on one team. (Breeze's passive can Freeze for say 4-6secs -ok not so bad- but right after you unfreeze, the player with breeze use's its AA freeze ability which is another 6secs, NOW HERE'S the kicker, the 2nd Breeze users pet is still attacking and then its passive freeze lands. 4-6secs running total of possible time stunned/frozen 12secs-18secs... and now the 2nd Breeze user fires off his pets AA. Possible time a team can be frozen unable to Attk/Heal/Shield can range from min. 22secs - rough max 24secs (maybe not exact times but very close). <---Even though no 1 is usually alive after around the 20sec or so mark.

In a clash that (i was being gracious with 20secs) can last as little as 20 secs being completely frozen for that entire time is RIDICULOUS. Even if an arcane pet had this type of ability it would still be a bit much. Fought in a 2v2 yesterday with 2breeze users, was Frozen a total of 10secs watching my toon get beat on. (prolly would of lasted longer if i hadn't of been dropped while 2warriors used skills on me)

PvP for those that take it serious, compete in tournaments, Guild wars with rival guilds, USED to be about --PvP Tactics and above all PvP Skill of the player/guild-- Example, Karma in this past tournament showed the best tactics/skill. NOT they used 3 breezes and froze everyone each match, for what is really an Unrecoverable amount of time for many pvp teams/players to defend against. IMO Breeze takes VERY LITTLE skill/pvp talent to use (just tapping you pet AA button can equal a 90% win chance) & gives the user a Huge one sided advantage.

The new thing in guild wars, 1v1, Tdm, Ctf is: How many breeze pets do We/They have?

Thats what makes the pets abilities Ridiculous. Going breeze vs breeze doesn't help really, because -----PVP SKILL----- will be eliminated and it will boil down to how many freeze's a players team has. We can literally go in with blue/green armors and freeze you to victory.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 12-26-2014 at 03:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotttSauce View Post
    THIS is not the point being made. BREEZE pet has made pvp ridiculous.

Example: Clashes/GW's usually last 20secs-60secs for complete defeat depending on team setup. Now enter players with 2 Breeze pets on one team. (Breeze's passive can Freeze for say 4-6secs -ok not so bad- but right after you unfreeze, the player with breeze use's its AA freeze ability which is another 6secs, NOW HERE'S the kicker, the 2nd Breeze users pet is still attacking and then its passive freeze lands. 4-6secs running total of possible time stunned/frozen 12secs-18secs... and now the 2nd Breeze user fires off his pets AA. Possible time a team can be frozen unable to Attk/Heal/Shield can range from min. 22secs - rough max 24secs (maybe not exact times but very close). <---Even though no 1 is usually alive after around the 20sec or so mark.

In a clash that (i was being gracious with 20secs) can last as little as 20 secs being completely frozen for that entire time is RIDICULOUS. Even if an arcane pet had this type of ability it would still be a bit much. Fought in a 2v2 yesterday with 2breeze users, was Frozen a total of 10secs watching my toon get beat on. (prolly would of lasted longer if i hadn't of been dropped while 2warriors used skills on me)

PvP for those that take it serious, compete in tournaments, Guild wars with rival guilds, USED to be about --PvP Tactics and above all PvP Skill of the player/guild-- Example, Karma in this past tournament showed the best tactics/skill. NOT they used 3 breezes and froze everyone each match, for what is really an Unrecoverable amount of time for many pvp teams/players to defend against. IMO Breeze takes VERY LITTLE skill/pvp talent to use (just tapping you pet AA button can equal a 90% win chance) & gives the user a Huge one sided advantage.

The new thing in guild wars, 1v1, Tdm, Ctf is: How many breeze pets do We/They have?

Thats what makes the pets abilities Ridiculous. Going breeze vs breeze doesn't help really, because -----PVP SKILL----- will be eliminated and it will boil down to how many freeze's a players team has. We can literally go in with blue/green armors and freeze you to victory.
    Not to forget that half of the heal skills fail because the passive freezes way to often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrogenie View Post
    I couldn't agree more ^. people that mix up the mage freeze with breeze freeze there's a reason sts made breeze's freeze allowed in PvP while at the same time knowing mages freeze doesn't. They didn't forget, they know exactly what they did and its because mages freeze is class specific which creates an unbalance and jealousy where breeze is not. Anyone and everyone can get a breeze and have freeze. That was there idea in the first place. Now agreed its was way too op with that 15 sec stuff. Indeed It needed to be cut down but if it weren't completely removed I wouldn't mind. And yes I am a mage.
    I see. So on this logic we should be soon expecting a pet with aimed shot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Breeze passive freeze doesnt work on twink under 10 lvl

For me, the point is there will be a time that all arcane pet is outdated even samael or singe. There will be a time that we should change our playstyle and adapt with the new era. There will be a time that we must throw away our expensive gear/pet to trash bag and change with the new one. If u defeated in clash with team full of breeze, why not try to slap their face with breeze too? Make a tank as a target for enemy breeze, and rogue still can give their god critical from outside the pool, its strategy. Clash is about teamwork since ctf made for 5v5 and tdm made for 4v4. Dont be angry and push sts to nerf this nerf that.

Ah and one more thing, i think controlling pet is a skill, when the perfect time to use AA, wheres best pet position, when to resummon your pet, what pet used on any different situation. Thats all need skill, not only press AA as soon as posible after count down end without looking the situation and pets position.
    Last edited by Axesam; 12-26-2014 at 10:57 AM.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Rogues have access to Samael too and Many other Stun pets...
    Correct ? .. along with breeze
    3>2 this is my point. If you cant understand this then idk what to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    3>2 this is my point. If you cant understand this then idk what to say
    So ur conclusion is to remove freeze completely from pvp?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

So ur conclusion is to remove freeze completely from pvp?
    YYEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And buff breeze in pve. It was originally MADE TO BE A PVE PET. I forgot who said it but some mod or dev said breeze was meant to help out with difficult pve maps by freezing enemies. This pet wasnt supposed to be a pvp god so just remove it from pvp. And if people complain because they already opened then add 1.5m gold to their stash. We need more gold in the economy anyways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

YYEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And buff breeze in pve. It was originally MADE TO BE A PVE PET. I forgot who said it but some mod or dev said breeze was meant to help out with difficult pve maps by freezing enemies. This pet wasnt supposed to be a pvp god so just remove it from pvp. And if people complain because they already opened then add 1.5m gold to their stash. We need more gold in the economy anyways
    Agree...

don't know what action devs would be planning ...

Many people may Rage... they should plan something for it..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I dont understand why the disscusion, if mages have back their skill no happend nothing, is more will be more mages in AL .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Look at the polls people.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Look at the polls people.
    Look at my earlier post about the polls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Look at my earlier post about the polls
    Yup like all mages voted lols..

Jk xD

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Jk xD
    I'm rogue and voted for yes :s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Really sorcerers? U have Fireball, Curse, Lightning, u also usually have stun pets...and u want more? I remembered when u cried because of Bulwark because u think only u can kill on pvp. I remember how many votes where opposite giving back Bulwark Stats. They was sorcerers' votes. Didn't u think that Breeze is for aligning chances between all the classes? There are some voices to deactivate Breeze's skill. But u also didn't think some people spent a lot of money, waisted a lot of time, gained a lot of deads, spent a lot of Ankhs, bought a lot of potions and much, much more to get the pet. U don't think about such things. U only think about yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azageeber View Post
    Really sorcerers? U have Fireball, Curse, Lightning, u also usually have stun pets...and u want more? I remembered when u cried because of Bulwark because u think only u can kill on pvp. I remember how many votes where opposite giving back Bulwark Stats. They was sorcerers' votes. Didn't u think that Breeze is for aligning chances between all the classes? There are some voices to deactivate Breeze's skill. But u also didn't think some people spent a lot of money, waisted a lot of time, gained a lot of deads, spent a lot of Ankhs, bought a lot of potions and much, much more to get the pet. U don't think about such things. U only think about yourself!
    Bro.. There are no mages or rogues or warrs discussing here . ..
    There are real world players...

So the Phrase " You mages" doesn't work here . .
    I play as a mage, warrior and rogue...

As far as wanting or not wanting . ..
    We are discussing on a balance of a serious skill here...

19. The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

#MageneedICESKILLBACK!!!!, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, """""""""""""""", 888888888888888888888888p, aAaAAaAaAaAAaAaAAaAAaa, arianaflande, aroowssssssssssssssssssss, booooooooooooooooooooooom, byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Ccccccccccccccccccccccccc, charlieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, connecttttttttttttttttttt, controlllllllllllllllllll, copppppppppppppppppeeeeee, Dearyyyarcaneforeveryonee, dominossssspizzzaaaaaaaaa, doraEmons, eEeEeEeeEeeeEeEEeeEeEeEeE, enterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Flotussssssssssssssssssss, forgetttttttttttñññññññññ, gamesssssssssssssssssssss, ghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhll, googleglases, heloowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, IiIiIiIIIiIiIiIiIIIiIiIII, INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, kiolol, klosh, knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, lalaalaalalaalalalalalala, LINKINPARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, logggggggggggggggginnnnnn, loooooooooooooooooooooooo, mageskillicebackkkkkkkkkk, matchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, miopsssssssssssssssssssss, nameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, niancattttttttttttttttttt, Obeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ohyeahLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOooOoOoO, playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, readddddddddddddddddddddd, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, SUrproseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, SYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, tairlorrrrrrrrrrrsswifttt, tdmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, UuUuUUuUuuUuUuUuuUUUuuUuU, viooooooooooooooooooooooo, whicccccjjcjjjjjjjjjjjjjj, withhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, yucaypan, zorpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

And what? U'll ruin Breeze's stats just like Bulwark's ones?? It's unfair! People spents lots of money, real and game one to get this pet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

You clearly either ignored or misread my entire post. I addressed the issue of having 3 ways to stop ur enemy from moving or using skills before even if freeze had a new stun immunity so i suggest you read it again. Mages wouldnt even need lifegiver for a 1v1 cuz they could shield, fireball stun, ice freeze, samael panic, and by the the stun immunity timer would almost be up and they could fireball again. This plus using lightning whenever its off cooldown. Rip other classes. Now Let me use your example of a pet with aimed shot to show you what mages are currently trying to do. If a pet with aimed shot was released people would be complaining that its op. Since aimed shot is a rogues skill, they should give rogues a new op skill with 100% crit chance that does 500%bonus dmg. Does this seem balanced? NO!! So why are people trying to use the fact that breeze is overpowered as justification to give mages an op skill. And ill say it AGAIN. probably the 10th post ive said this in now. Hardly anybody was saying mage freeze should be brought back into pvp before breeze was introduced so why are u using something that killed pvp as justification to kill pvp even more? Im yet to see any good response from anybody to that question
    I actually did read, understand and answer your response with various relevant points.

Im all for removing freeze from pvp, however if STS are unwilling to completely remove the freeze ability from breeze in pvp then mages deserve it as part of their skill set.

I'm unsure how a rogue being given a 100% crit 500% damage skill even remotely ties in to the same issue we're talking about here as I understand it IF freeze were given to mages the skill would remain the same, only with the possibility to freeze for .5-2.5 seconds, and I also play endgame rogue and warrior so my point of view is not at all biased.

As I already mentioned I'd prefer a different buff for mages that would make them a lot less reliant on stuns and more in line with other classes in terms of damage and health/armor however as stated by a dev earlier in this thread freeze is being considered as a permenant addition due to people spending (only) 3m on an overlooked AA that was never intended to be used in PvP.

Either way whatever buff mages get (and they will get a buff as it's not even close to balanced right now) class specific players will inevitably complain because of the simple fact there will be a lot less food around and you'll have to work for kills instead of ...

'Enters pvp, aimed shots 2-3 mages, runs as soon as they come across a tank or rogue'

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Jk xD
    I cant tell if u were being serious here or not but to clarify what i said earlier, there is a good chance that most of the people who voted yes play as a mage and they have a biased opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I see. So on this logic we should be soon expecting a pet with aimed shot
    lol *evil grin
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I cant tell if u were being serious here or not but to clarify what i said earlier, there is a good chance that most of the people who voted yes play as a mage and they have a biased opinion
    Can't comment on that bro...
    Who knows who voted .. mage rogue or warr..
    I play all three characters . ..