View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Can I have my 2.3m gold back? I haven't even gotten Breeze to level 41 yet. These mistakes and oversights are constantly hurting people's in game gold, which many like myself used real life money to get. I did not run out and purchase that pet initially because I thought you guys were going to take a 2nd look at it. Then when I saw you guys (STS) acknowledge Breeze's AA and passive attack on multiple forum posts, I figured it was safe to purchase. All of the sudden, you change your mind again and now what I'm hearing is kiss the 2.3m goodbye and find another pet. Do you know how much real life money 2.3m equates to? It's more than $50 USD.

This is out of hand. Professional companies have game testers for a reason and that is so the customer has a seamless experience. With this game it's constantly buff, nerf, buff, nerf, buff , nerf and depending on when you buy, someone makes money, while the other loses gold. It's not right. If you guys had just ONE SINGLE person at your company that played this game 1 hour per day, then you would know what the effects of all of these things are and not make so many mistakes.
    Bro.. weren't u gonna buy me a Ferrari soon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I was going to get you a convertible one but now I can only afford to buy you a hard top because of Breeze nerf. lol
    Lmfao.. ty bro

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Can I have my 2.3m gold back? I haven't even gotten Breeze to level 41 yet. These mistakes and oversights are constantly hurting people's in game gold, which many like myself used real life money to get. I did not run out and purchase that pet initially because I thought you guys were going to take a 2nd look at it. Then when I saw you guys (STS) acknowledge Breeze's AA and passive attack on multiple forum posts, I figured it was safe to purchase. All of the sudden, you change your mind again and now what I'm hearing is kiss the 2.3m goodbye and find another pet. Do you know how much real life money 2.3m equates to? It's more than $50 USD.

This is out of hand. Professional companies have game testers for a reason and that is so the customer has a seamless experience. With this game it's constantly buff, nerf, buff, nerf, buff , nerf and depending on when you buy, someone makes money, while the other loses gold. It's not right. If you guys had just ONE SINGLE person at your company that played this game 1 hour per day, then you would know what the effects of all of these things are and not make so many mistakes.
    Things like this is exactly why it's more of an open discussion about proposed changes and what is best for everyone. Given the nature of Breeze's overpowered ability do you have specific feedback on what would make this pet feel more balanced and also worth your money? It sounds like the idea of an isolated immunity to his own ability would be a good compromise.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm not very technical, but even my lamentable PvP system understanding can see that jumping from freeze to freeze in PvP it's not really funny. I think all freezes that overpass 2s should be removed since now PvP is not anymore about "who's better" and is now mostly "who freezes other first"... Not funny... I think mages could get a buff into lifegiver since its HP boost pretty sucks comparing with other classes one. Also they need a buff into their DMG and DPS since 40+ DMG more won't save them from 30% crit that rogues have.. Also from being the class with the worst defensive and HP stat, two 3000 dmg crit from rogues are lethal with no shield. No?...
    Last edited by Puppys; 12-16-2014 at 01:07 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Puppys For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Things like this is exactly why it's more of an open discussion about proposed changes and what is best for everyone. Given the nature of Breeze's overpowered ability do you have specific feedback on what would make this pet feel more balanced and also worth your money? It sounds like the idea of an isolated immunity to his own ability would be a good compromise.
    Nerfing the pet to the point where it is unusable in PvP will destroy the pet's value and reason for farmers to run planar tombs. Instead, as you mentioned, just give Breeze an isolated immunity that only applies to itself. This way, when people stack breeze pets - dealing with multiple breezes does not get out of hand.

So, for example, an isolated immunity should include following scenarios:

A. If Player1 has breeze and Player2 has breeze and Player1 activates AA. Shortly after, Player2 activates AA, the opponent that Player1's Breeze AA froze should not be re-frozen by Player2's AA.
    B. If a person was frozen by AA, he should have some sort of freeze immunity so he does not get re-frozen by pet passive or by another AA from a different breeze.

However, the pet passive should still have the ability to randomly freeze. It just shouldn't be allowed to re-freeze immediately after. Essentially, just make sure both the passive and the AA cannot be stacked w/ each other or w/ other Breezes.

This should ensure that Breeze still remains useful but PvP does not become breeze focused/centered.

After all, you don't want players to be yelling in guild chat: "Join Breeze player, quick!"
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-16-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nerfing the pet to the point where it is unusable in PvP will destroy the pet's value and reason for farmers to run planar tombs. Instead, as you mentioned, just give Breeze an isolated immunity that only applies to itself. This way, when people stack breeze pets - dealing with multiple breezes does not get out of hand.

So, for example, an isolated immunity should include following scenarios:

A. If Player1 has breeze and Player2 has breeze and Player1 activates AA. Shortly after, Player2 activates AA, the opponent that Player1's Breeze AA froze should not be re-frozen by Player2's AA.
    B. If a person was frozen by AA, he should have some sort of freeze immunity so he does not get re-frozen by pet passive.

However, the pet passive should still have the ability to randomly freeze. It just shouldn't be allowed to re-freeze immediately after.

Essentially, just make sure both the passive and the AA cannot be stacked w/ each other or w/ other Breezes.
    Apply da same to mages also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Apply da same to mages also
    +100
    Freeze is freeze. If breeze gets it working in pvp, mages should aswel.

Tomorrow, if a new pet comes out which banishes in pvp and even though people know Banish doesn't work in PvP, instead of supporting to fix it they buy it for 100m+ gold to be op and when STG tries to fix it, people yelling how they have spent 100s of million golds to buy it.
    Weren't they aware that banish freeze don't work in pvp and are subjects to be fixed??
    Breeze will still be op pet in pve with the freeze and i would buy it in any near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Ok, now we're talking. In my honest opinion, yes, this pet is OP. It should have a 7.5 second freeze immunity so that someone cannot be freeze locked by back to back AAs. I feel that the duration of freeze is way too long as well. Perhaps shorten the freeze duration by 20%-30%.

With regards to Breeze in PVE, if possible, code the AA so that it targets the most dense nearby mob so that he's not freezing the lone mob that was hanging way behind.

Off topic: Against popular demand, I don't think mages should have freeze in PVP. Right now the freeze is isolated to just Breeze. If mages got the ability to freeze, they would be able to stun a player, followed by freeze from ice skill, followed by Samael Panic and again stun skill because 7.5 seconds immunity would be up, then freeze again, etc.
    Up with mage freeze immunity time to 15 sec

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Then for all that's holy please nerf the freeze duration! It is currently the longest incapacitation in the game! And we're talking about a LEGENDARY PET here.

Something like slag's panic sounds better.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

If mages got the ability to freeze, they would be able to stun a player, followed by freeze from ice skill, followed by Samael Panic and again stun skill because 7.5 seconds immunity would be up, then freeze again, etc.
    Isnt that also doable with a breeze and a sam ? (in clash situation)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Either scrap the freezing in PvP altogether or shorten the duration of the freeze to that of a stun (1-2 seconds). Complaining about the gold people spent on it is irrelevant - remember how people spent even 18m on bulwark when it was OP and a month after it's worth barely 5m? When you see something so obviously overpowered of course you want to rush and buy it but it should also ring a bell that maybe it was not supposed to be this good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Either scrap the freezing in PvP altogether or shorten the duration of the freeze to that of a stun (1-2 seconds). Complaining about the gold people spent on it is irrelevant - remember how people spent even 18m on bulwark when it was OP and a month after it's worth barely 5m? When you see something so obviously overpowered of course you want to rush and buy it but it should also ring a bell that maybe it was not supposed to be this good.
    Pirate rings anyone?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Pirate rings anyone?
    I lost a lot of gold on Pirate Rings.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The Activated Ability can still freeze, however it is subject to the PvP Immunity effects. Breeze's passive attack with a chance to freeze however is quite high, making it not a practical choice to make related to the stun immunity because instead of a constant stun, you would be very susceptible to the reality that after being frozen you have ~10 seconds before it freezes you again. A bit of an exaggeration, but in PvP anything that removes your ability to move or function feels exponentially longer!

The current plan is to strip his PvP Freeze ability, but before doing so want to make sure everyone understands that this means only his AA has a chance to freeze in PvP, and that his passive will not at all. He will more or less become not a PvP go to pet at this point.

If the idea is to preserve his ability to freeze, but extend or special case it's immunity so that in a worse case scenario it could freeze once every 12 seconds at least this is doable. The complication is of course Mages don't get this, having a pet that does this feels a bit cheap. I'm in favor of disabling the PvP freeze component of Breeze's passive attack, but if the community would prefer we can give it a special immunity that has a longer effective time than typical stun immunity in PvP.

Thanks for working with me on this guys,
    Carapace
    Breeze is a good addition to the PVP mechanics, Breeze is selling hot atm as of every low lvl pvp-ers i know has included this pet to be in their "priority-to-get-pet". IMO dont remove the Freeze AA and Passive while in its current duration, effects and how it freezes is currently OP and too long, the removal will get a lot of people angry and raging.

My proposed changes pick 1:

AA duration reduction
    Freezing of target especially in PVP should be reduced like every stun there is to 2-3 second, the freeze duration is 5-7 sec (from observation) which is highly noticeable which is why people felt uncomfortable. Nobody like being still for that long esp. on a fast pace battle where you can easily get picked off.

Ability to cast skill even at freeze state
    When you get hit by Crawly AA you are able to cast spells such as; aim shot but going the wrong way if you not facing a target, heal packs, warrior shield heal and the sorcs heal. I dont know how Crawly skill is categorized stun? panic? but having us able to cast heal spells is a good way of balancing Breeze long AA.

Ability changes
    2 sec stun and 2-4 sec AOE slow, same radius with current AOE. Slow rate can be the same as the lurid/umbral proc patch or the Tindirin diminishing slow. At least you are moving.

Ability/passive changes
    Change ability to 4 sec diminishing slow, and change passive to 15% chance to freeze 2-3 targets for 2 sec (ability > passive)

Breeze was introduced and has gained popularity with its freeze capability, again its a very good addition to PVP a mass dis-abler good AA/Passive while the Happy bonus is not Overpowering and causing a trade-off with arcane pet. Removal of those is not the solution.

ON TOPIC. Just because this pet has freeze ability and is observed OP in PVP doesnt justify putting freeze on Sorcerers, I dont know too much about sorcs dilemma but a pet is a part of your character an extension of your skill set. Your sorcs already has tons of skill under his sleeve. I know you guys felt very underpowered but truth is sorcs been getting fun-ner to play and is hard not to be felt when in PVP.

experiences from lvl 13 pvp dont rant and tell me 41 pvp is way diferent, its not its just 13 scaled up.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 12-17-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Breeze is a good addition to the PVP mechanics, Breeze is selling hot atm as of every low lvl pvp-ers i know has included this pet to be in their "priority-to-get-pet". IMO dont remove the Freeze AA and Passive while in its current duration, effects and how it freezes is currently OP and too long, the removal will get a lot of people angry and raging.

My proposed changes pick 1:

AA duration reduction
    Freezing of target especially in PVP should be reduced like every stun there is to 2-3 second, the freeze duration is 5-7 sec (from observation) which is highly noticeable which is why people felt uncomfortable. Nobody like being still for that long esp. on a fast pace battle where you can easily get picked off.

Ability to cast skill even at freeze state
    When you get hit by Crawly AA you are able to cast spells such as; aim shot but going the wrong way if you not facing a target, heal packs, warrior shield heal and the sorcs heal. I dont know how Crawly skill is categorized stun? panic? but having us able to cast heal spells is a good way of balancing Breeze long AA.

Ability changes
    2 sec stun and 2-4 sec AOE slow, same radius with current AOE. Slow rate can be the same as the lurid/umbral proc patch or the Tindirin diminishing slow. At least you are moving.

Ability/passive changes
    Change ability to 4 sec diminishing slow, and change passive to 15% chance to freeze 2-3 targets for 2 sec (ability > passive)

Breeze was introduced and has gained popularity with its freeze capability, again its a very good addition to PVP a mass dis-abler good AA/Passive while the Happy bonus is not Overpowering and causing a trade-off with arcane pet. Removal of those is not the solution.

ON TOPIC. Just because this pet has freeze ability and is observed OP in PVP doesnt justify putting freeze on Sorcerers, I dont know too much about sorcs dilemma but a pet is a part of your character an extension of your skill set. Your sorcs already has tons of skill under his sleeve. I know you guys felt very underpowered but truth is sorcs been getting fun-ner to play and is hard not to be felt when in PVP.

experiences from lvl 13 pvp dont rant and tell me 41 pvp is way diferent, its not its just 13 scaled up.
    Freeze is originally a mage base skill... deactivated currently for pvp

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Its actually who freezes second because your freeze will cd faster if they do first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brownback View Post
    Its actually who freezes second because your freeze will cd faster if they do first
    Yeah.. Same as fireball..

I say don't even need touch Breeze now..
    Just give mages their original power back..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Put the freeze in the same category as stun (following stun immunity), reduce the freeze time to 2.5 seconds, make the passive a non target seeking static pool which freezes anyone who's dumb enough to walk over it.

Make a Misty 2.0 new mythic pet with viable stats and an AA that removes all enviromental effects and a passive with a 25% chance to remove all other effects (Stun, panic, feeble etc)

Make a new pvp map that gives everyone all their skills and see how popular it is, don't even make it difficult just duplicate CTF map and rename as a 'pure' option.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Put the freeze in the same category as stun (following stun immunity), reduce the freeze time to 2.5 seconds, make the passive a non target seeking static pool which freezes anyone who's dumb enough to walk over it.

Make a Misty 2.0 new mythic pet with viable stats and an AA that removes all enviromental effects and a passive with a 25% chance to remove all other effects (Stun, panic, feeble etc)

Make a new pvp map that gives everyone all their skills and see how popular it is, don't even make it difficult just duplicate CTF map and rename as a 'pure' option.
    Misty already removes Stun, panic etc..

but not freeze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

they closed the poll...wew sts