Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frost-Touched Mythic Weapon - Need to add more Proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm taking a peak under the hood on these and here's what I've found.

Frost Touched Bulwark:
    The proc rate for this weapon is actually pretty high. The default attack has a higher proc rate then the Elondrian Bulwark, and in my opinion doesn't need to be changed from what I can see and how it feels when playing with it.

Frost Touched Bow:
    The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Frost Touched Rifle
    The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Interested in thoughts and feedback, thanks guys!
    I used both elond and frost gun and feel elond gun much much better than frost gun. Sometime I need to turn my back to shoot mob behind me. With better DPS and INT frost gun should have better performance.

Lack of proc,when using elond gun i got proc root (reduce def 25% and 100% dodge of enemy) and add armor which is can stack 5 times. Then I switch to frost gun I just got proc slow down enemy till eventually freeze,isn't mage already have skill to do that? Compare with elond gun proc this gun seem like out date weapon,even lost soul scythe have much better proc than frost gun.

Last is while elond gun proc root have effect on boss,frost gun proc didn't do. Make thing more worse for this gun.

So far for me this gun look like mythic rarity but with legendary proc and performance. Add some other proc like razor shield with ice/frost effect and change slow down proc with chance to proc ice path maybe..hahaha.. just my wish. I really wish u guys doin some thing with this gun.

Thx and sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by justhell; 01-12-2015 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiph View Post
    The new mythics weapons are fine like they are they proc regularly I tested it just keep pushing buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Do you by any chance own an elo weapon and frost wepon of the same class and figure out the proc rate with over 200 tests. Trust me they are way different.
    Much much much diferent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. So, the gist is that the proc just needs to happen more often, right? Want to make sure I have that correct before going back to the devs with it.
    Remi not just proc happen but lack of proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The main complaint with pushing proc is not helpful in any occassion as everywhere in PvE we're trying to get the mobs packed for control and maximum efficiency from AoE skills (in PvP it's unnoticeable anyway but so is the Elondrian counterpart's one). Consider swapping the pushing with a pulling effect and/or an icy explosion when the proc ends that freezes surrounding targets in a small range.

This is actually a great idea! Enabling the frozen proc to be able to freeze any boss on a few stacked hits would give this weapon a much higher value in PvE. Three hits for the freeze to kick in are few; five hits are reasonable as is - if it has to go down, minimum four. The random AoE seems needless with Frost Bolt skill around already.
    Five hits and freeze boss? That means freeze every less than 5s? Bosses will have only normal attack then, because they will not be able to cast red zones. Its really bad idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Five hits and freeze boss? That means freeze every less than 5s? Bosses will have only normal attack then, because they will not be able to cast red zones. Its really bad idea
    Momentary freeze, not four seconds. Mostly to disrupt red zone windups. And there could be some sort of immunity although I don't see to what aspect it'd differ from alternating Kelvin, result-wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Frost bulwark need to buff too, old weapon elon bulwark are way better much than frost. Normal cast got poison 100%. What did frost bulwark got?nothing. Elon got heal, curse, armor, stat buff. Atleast make frost bulwark about the same quality as elon. Don't just simply design a cool look and put low stat. We spend lot of money to open something useless than old

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I think the frost bow and frost gun changes are probably going to be along the lines of what we're discussing here. I'll remove the push ability for the Ice Whirlwind spawned off of Frost Touched Bow, increase its damage a bit and allow up to two of the wells to be concurrently up at the same time. The proc rate will also come up.

The Frost Touched Rifle will likely see a reduction in the number of consecutive strikes to do a freeze in PvE, however it should be noted that every weapon is not supposed to be a +1 version of a similar weapon. Interesting weapons provide choices, and while the armor benefit of the Elondrian Rifle is nice, applying it to every gun that comes out in the future in increasing amounts is not beneficial to the variety in the game. Ideally the proc and usage of the rifles should make them interesting and relevant in their own ways. Currently the Frost Rifle is not performing up the the task and the coming changes will hopefully address that.

In regards to the Frost Touched Bulwark, it was intentionally designed to be more of an offensive tanking weapon than the Elondrian Bulwark. It may need a few more bumps in the offensive abilities department to stand out as such, but it is certainly not an apples to apples comparison to the Elondrian Bulwark which is a more defensive/support item. The design for this one actually came from instances where when we made a sword and board mythic item in the past there is a portion of the community that would like to see the tank weapon be a bit more useful in combat, and this item was made with that in mind. Different procs and abilities means different choices, so if you're looking for a full on tank item Elondrian Bulwark may be the item you're after in this case.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I think the frost bow and frost gun changes are probably going to be along the lines of what we're discussing here. I'll remove the push ability for the Ice Whirlwind spawned off of Frost Touched Bow, increase its damage a bit and allow up to two of the wells to be concurrently up at the same time. The proc rate will also come up.

The Frost Touched Rifle will likely see a reduction in the number of consecutive strikes to do a freeze in PvE, however it should be noted that every weapon is not supposed to be a +1 version of a similar weapon. Interesting weapons provide choices, and while the armor benefit of the Elondrian Rifle is nice, applying it to every gun that comes out in the future in increasing amounts is not beneficial to the variety in the game. Ideally the proc and usage of the rifles should make them interesting and relevant in their own ways. Currently the Frost Rifle is not performing up the the task and the coming changes will hopefully address that.

In regards to the Frost Touched Bulwark, it was intentionally designed to be more of an offensive tanking weapon than the Elondrian Bulwark. It may need a few more bumps in the offensive abilities department to stand out as such, but it is certainly not an apples to apples comparison to the Elondrian Bulwark which is a more defensive/support item. The design for this one actually came from instances where when we made a sword and board mythic item in the past there is a portion of the community that would like to see the tank weapon be a bit more useful in combat, and this item was made with that in mind. Different procs and abilities means different choices, so if you're looking for a full on tank item Elondrian Bulwark may be the item you're after in this case.
    Thank you Carapace! Removing the bow's push will make the bow less annoying on elite mobs! Increased proc rate will bring this weapon in line with the elondrain proc, and the increased damage is a nice trade off for super healing

By the way, this is the prettiest bow in the game to date!! Love the color and the size!!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 01-12-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Thx...no need to be same proc like the other mythic weapon...but at least give same amount of proc and perfomance. Can't wait for next news from u guys

11. The Following User Says Thank You to justhell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Why not make it more interesting by making the frost bow shot 3 arrow on charged...
    single shot auto: 1 arrow xx dmg
    single shot charged : 3 arrow xx dmg per arrow (no multiply)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

frost bow is not wind bow lol.. so u better add freeze/icy/slow process. make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Thank you Carapace! Removing the bow's push will make the bow less annoying on elite mobs! Increased proc rate will bring this weapon in line with the elondrain proc, and the increased damage is a nice trade off for super healing

By the way, this is the prettiest bow in the game to date!! Love the color and the size!!
    I like the looks of the 31 mythc bow more frost bow is second

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

So, we shouldnt expect any changes on Frost-Bulwark?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    I like the looks of the 31 mythc bow more frost bow is second
    I guess we can both agree elondrian bow is the least aesthetic!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I plan to make some smaller adjustments to the Bulwark. I'm thinking a minor bump in proc rate and an additional self armoring component on proc that provides some more survivability.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I plan to make some smaller adjustments to the Bulwark. I'm thinking a minor bump in proc rate and an additional self armoring component on proc that provides some more survivability.
    Love this idea... But Cara isn't u said frost touch bulwark is more attacking type tank weapon than elond bulwark?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Ty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The reduce armor of frost bulwark is nothing lol.... Only got ice strike pls make it more offensive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Yeah, better increase the amount of armor reduced than giving us some more armor, that would be perfect!

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

That sounds reasonable
    | | | |

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post: