Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frost-Touched Mythic Weapon - Need to add more Proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Mod please respond to this request, please.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I haven't seen anyone suggest this but STS can easily nerf a proc onlly for pvp but not for pve if they want it not to be too op in pvp OR They can nerf a proc for pve but not for pvp if the proc is too op in pve.

Samael's banish does not apply to pvp. It cannot be too hard to do it again if necessary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The Winter Event was over. Hope STS have time to take a look at ALL frost Weapons.
    Thank you

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Hey guys. So, the gist is that the proc just needs to happen more often, right? Want to make sure I have that correct before going back to the devs with it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. So, the gist is that the proc just needs to happen more often, right? Want to make sure I have that correct before going back to the devs with it.
    Pretty much. The rate is far lower than elon bow
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yes REMI, I can say it BARELY proc on my frost gun. And It does not freeze Boss like elon gun rooted Boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,015 Posts

Just started toying with the frost bow, the proc is much more rare than the elon bow. What's the word on that StS? The design is nice, could use a little buff on the proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yes, definitely it needs more proc, I looted Frost gun and Frost bullwark,the frost gun for my sorcerer it dose not even proc on most of the mobs and I was thinking to sell it when I compared it to elon gun. Elon gun has better proc. And for warrior takes long time to do some proc but still warrior better than sorcerer. I think it needs major adjustments. I was thinking the winter event mythic weapons are more like a legendary weapon, which should be better than old mythics.
    Last edited by cyrusrevange; 01-07-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I feel we should have to make a choice between stats and procs between new and old mythic weapons. How about increasing the stats of the new weapons enough to make us reconsider using elond weapons.

My suggestions:
    Frost bow: 15 str added and 1.5% crit
    Gun: 70 armor and 3% crit.
    Bulwark: adjust dps so that tanks using it get a damage increase of about 15-20.
    Note: procs and proc rate are not to be adjust.

This would provide us with ideally a 3rd set of mythic weapons significantly different from the original elond ones.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

jiph.....im 100% you never own either elon bow or frost bow. Currently i have frost bow with 3x gem but I'm looking for someone to trade again to elon bow (proc rate is high).

This fellow just wanted to annoy us. just ignore him better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Same....lobbying to trade my frost bow to elon bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Just started toying with the frost bow, the proc is much more rare than the elon bow. What's the word on that StS? The design is nice, could use a little buff on the proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes you are right. Since it's a third mythic set if I'm not mistaken, make the proc rate higher than the elon bow or at least the same rate. For frost bow, can Icy Whirlwind moves like Tornado....moving to other space/area and a stagnant in one area.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

We'll be looking at the proc next week and considering buffing it for next week's update. Keep an eye out for my stickied weekly update in General Discussion for more on that at the beginning of next week.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armani Boi View Post
    Yes you are right. Since it's a third mythic set if I'm not mistaken, make the proc rate higher than the elon bow or at least the same rate. For frost bow, can Icy Whirlwind moves like Tornado....moving to other space/area and a stagnant in one area.
    Proc rate shoudnt get more higher then the elo bow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Proc rate shoudnt get more higher then the elo bow
    STS said Frost Weapons slightly better than the old elon Weapons. Proc rate higher is a BONUS. I dont mind if the PROC is SAME rate .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Firezmz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armani Boi View Post
    Same....lobbying to trade my frost bow to elon bow.
    Is your frost bow perfect? :3

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm taking a peak under the hood on these and here's what I've found.

Frost Touched Bulwark:
    The proc rate for this weapon is actually pretty high. The default attack has a higher proc rate then the Elondrian Bulwark, and in my opinion doesn't need to be changed from what I can see and how it feels when playing with it.

Frost Touched Bow:
    The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Frost Touched Rifle
    The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Interested in thoughts and feedback, thanks guys!
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-08-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:
    The proc rate for this weapon is actually pretty high. The default attack has a higher proc rate then the Elondrian Bulwark, and in my opinion doesn't need to be changed from what I can see and how it feels when playing with it.

Frost Touched Bow:
    The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Frost Touched Rifle
    The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Hey thanks first for looking into this...

I have both frost gun and Elon gun and don't use my frost gun at all... Reasons...

For me personally the loss of the shield proc on the Elon gun is way too big. The frost gun just gets me killed everytime I try bringing it out.
    I think that adding a stronger freeze option may fix this so ty for looking into it... Perhaps if it protects an ice patch or ice wall/shield or something to slow down mobs in pve... I'm not sure, but it does really need something.

Either way... Looking forward to be able to take my dusty frost gun outta inventory and back onto the battle field!

Thanks
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:

Frost Touched Bow:

Frost Touched Rifle

I really like this kind of idea. I hope STS can apply this to the frost gun. Thank you

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Hey guys,

Frost Touched Bulwark:

Frost Touched Bow:

Frost Touched Rifle

3 seems a bit low IMO. How about 4 (25,50,75,100)? For frost gun.

Also for frost bow and other weapons, I would still love the idea of making them significantly superior in terms of stats but significantly lacking in terms of proc.