Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frost-Touched Mythic Weapon - Need to add more Proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?

Better have the proc Icy Whirlwind moves like Tornado moves in every four corners instead of just being stagnant

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    We'll be looking at the proc next week and considering buffing it for next week's update. Keep an eye out for my stickied weekly update in General Discussion for more on that at the beginning of next week.

Great how about fixing breeze first like u guys said and fixing other bugs
    Rather than rushing and fixing a "proc"on some of these weapons?lol
    Last edited by Cranky; 01-09-2015 at 03:07 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cranky For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Frost Touched Bow:
    The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Are there issues with the proc itself when it goes off? Or does the proc feel pretty good and just not frequent enough?
    The main complaint with pushing proc is not helpful in any occassion as everywhere in PvE we're trying to get the mobs packed for control and maximum efficiency from AoE skills (in PvP it's unnoticeable anyway but so is the Elondrian counterpart's one). Consider swapping the pushing with a pulling effect and/or an icy explosion when the proc ends that freezes surrounding targets in a small range.
    Frost Touched Rifle
    The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.
    This is actually a great idea! Enabling the frozen proc to be able to freeze any boss on a few stacked hits would give this weapon a much higher value in PvE. Three hits for the freeze to kick in are few; five hits are reasonable as is - if it has to go down, minimum four. The random AoE seems needless with Frost Bolt skill around already.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

considering that the effects are gone after 4 seconds 3 shots would give close to a 1.5 second freeze so i think 3 should be fine @king

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That 33%,66%,100% freeze would be awesome but could u add some armor for the frost gun pls? Its not really good in comparison with the elon gun.
    (At the moment)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xclyklcx View Post
    That 33%,66%,100% freeze would be awesome but could u add some armor for the frost gun pls? Its not really good in comparison with the elon gun.
    (At the moment)
    I think it would be good as it is with cara's adjustments, armor should be unique to elon gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lol frost rifle proc doesn't even work. Garbage, thanks STS.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    I think it would be good as it is with cara's adjustments, armor should be unique to elon gun.
    I mean like a little armor boost as stats not as proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm taking a peak under the hood on these and here's what I've found.

Frost Touched Bow:
    The proc rate on this is actually lower than the Elondrian Bow, but not by much. The charged proc is also a little lower. This is probably a good candidate to have its proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Frost Touched Rifle
    The proc data-wise looks like its currently working as designed, however there may be a misunderstanding about how it works. The current implementation applies a stacking effect with every shot, charged or not. The first hit applies a 20% reduction in movement, then 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 5th one. The applied slow effects drop off after about 4 seconds, so on a single target should stack up appropriately with a constant rate of fire. This also does not apply to Bosses, much like other freezes and stuns don't for the most part. If we wanted to revisit the idea of allowing some form of CC on bosses that might be an idea to play with.

There are a couple things we could do to this one to make it feel more appropriate. I'm thinking that maybe instead of a 20/40/60/80/100, it's 33/66/100 and completes the cycle in three shots. In PvP this would also then be susceptible to stun immunities as the frequency of freeze would be quite high. Adding the ability to apply an AoE version on a charged shot, and randomly on a non-charged shot might also be fun to play with.

Interested in thoughts and feedback, thanks guys!
    Frost Touched Bow:
    Yes, Bow need proc rate improved to help make it feel more frequent.

Frost Touched Rifle
    - Elondrian Gun got Root and Armor Boost, useful for pvp and pve. So Frost Touched Gun, should slow and freeze the target and the nearest (up to 5 mob maybe). Slow 40%, 60%, 80%, then freezes on the 4th ( last one), applied to bosses too.
    - Directly add armor to our stats (+50 armor maybe)
    - Increased the proc rate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hozukreti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernEcho View Post
    Lol frost rifle proc doesn't even work. Garbage, thanks STS.
    Yes it does lol, and if the slow movement speed was this fast, it would do good work. It shouldnt get the procs of elon gun. Besides, most of the people here asking for a buff on frost gun is trying to sell one after Buff for more cash, is that not true?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

frost bulwark proc is still not enough..it may proc high but whats it proc is only reduce armor and damage enemy for about 2 to 3 seconds but elon proc is heal,curse,armor and 20 primary status and heals allies too..think frost proc is still not good compared to elon

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi Carapace Im glad you're taking a look at them, about the frost bow proc: The proc lasts 3-4 seconds and seems to damage the mobs every second but the problem is that the proc pushes the mobs out of the ice pool as soon as it is created and therefore the mobs only receive 1/4 of the damage per second from the proc.This i think is the main reason why damage is insignificant., the onlly change i could think of is to change the TOTAL damage per second into a BURST doing the same damage as the proc is intended to do in 4 seconds...

Of course I am open to other suggestions to change the proc but currently the damage proc is a bit weird and not significant in pve(Elite mobs have alot more health and ?armor? then warriors , sorcerers and rogues in pvp which is why you could balance the damage for pvp only and/or for pve only)

example: Increase the damage of the proc for pve to make it useful/significant But then it might be very op in pvp so you might want to not increase the damage that much ONLY for pvp??? keeping it balanced you know...)

ALSO: You have to keep in mind that the elon bow can heal ALL team mates AND damage nearby mobs...(I do not know how much it heals or damages but you know right? )
    Last edited by Yumisa; 01-11-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I've been having this problem where I cant run around and hit enemies like the other guns (unless I charge up the gun) so i guess fix that issue with the frost gun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Great how about fixing breeze first like u guys said and fixing other bugs
    Rather than rushing and fixing a "proc"on some of these weapons?lol
    You're in the wrong thread, changes are coming.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ighlight=nekro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Frost Touched Bow:

One thing. Proc is actually a problem vs some bosses as it pushes/moves them along with their red zones. And this causes unnecessary deaths. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

It's prob not the best bow for pve but if proc was as common as elon bow proc, it's actually VERY useful in PVP imo. I've only had it happen to me a few times obv but pushing a tank out of the way to snipe rogue or mage behind in PVP is awesome. Up the proc rate. I wouldn't care if there was no damage in PVP from the proc, the pushing imo is the best part for pvp purposes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Having used the bow extensively, the proc rate increase would be great only if it doesn't push! As an Elite runner, I had to sell it as I'm not a fan of pushing as it ruins the aggro a tank builds. I would much rather see a freeze/stun/slow, or damage or a pull. Anything but flinging people away. If the push proc must stay I rather it be controllable by completely removing it as a passive and only have it activate on charged attacks.

The random flinging is why we don't use vixen on elite mobs! Right now it's like Russian Roulette!

One thing is for sure, this is the prettiest bow to date! Thank you STS for making it so long and pretty! I just bought one back hoping that the buff will be good for elites again.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 01-11-2015 at 04:15 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Here is my opinion about new mythic frost bow weapon as a rogue char

I imagine new mythic bow proc something like a cold cyrcle like elon bow
    near the boss or mobs that it hits, that freeze commits drop from sky damaging mobs or boss and with chance to freeze for some seconds or armor reduction or something from aoe skills.

and boost char with extra damag or crit or both.

The way that frost bow designed now it is not helping us nowhere
    Is only a very good looking bow

and i am thinking new cap will come why you dont design THE NEW Mythic WEAPONS for the new mobs,maps,bosses comming?????

Making a new staff that not work well, not helping us for better gaming than the old ones is worthless to exist..

this is only my opinion ..
    thanks for read.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Evangelioni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Don't like the frost bow pushing enemies, would be better if the whirlwind pulled enemies in for length of proc

26. The Following User Says Thank You to dancoop1969 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Agree with above two, the pushing is so dangerous, it's scary to think what would happen if it gets buffed more! People would rage and not want to run with mythic Frost bow users for fear they get scammed into red zones and anks wasted!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post: