Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Needs a Buff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Needs a Buff!

Hello,

As an owner of both the Elondrian WarFare Recurve of Potency and the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency, I can say that the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency needs a buff to bring it up to the level of Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency.

Currently, the Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency is far more useful than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency for the following reasons:
    - Health return per attack, including DoT attacks. On spells like charged nox, this can be a lifesaver in huge pulls
    - Bush Proc (which is considered pretty bad but far more frequent than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency proc)

Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Proc:
    - Spawns an icy whirlwind on proc which pushes, damages, and slows enemies.

As you can see, the Elondrian WarFare Recurve clearly has more advantages. So, what I am asking is if there's a way to grant the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency health return per attack as well or perhaps a chance, albeit lower, to spawn icy whirlwind proc via damage delivered?

Bow auto attack is rarely uses so basically, one is buying an Elondrian Warfare Recurve with no heal return proc and nothing other than a measly 2 dex to show for it.

~Zeus
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

You should be a dev
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Needs a Buff!

I do understand your point but I believe it is actually made to be different from each other. You're asking to buff the Frost-touched bow and give it Heal return buff right? If you really want it to be fair then why not ask STS to also buff Elondrian Bow and give it the same stats as the Frost Bow? Frost Bow already has an advantage when it comes to stats and then you still expect it to have the same effects like the Elondrian Bow? I really don't get it. Where is the fairness you're talking about when that happens? Sometimes you really can't have it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defiling View Post
    I do understand your point but I believe it is actually made to be different from each other. You're asking to buff the Frost-touched bow and give it Heal return buff right? If you really want it to be fair then why not ask STS to also buff Elondrian Bow and give it the same stats as the Frost Bow? Frost Bow already has an advantage when it comes to stats and then you still expect it to have the same effects like the Elondrian Bow? I really don't get it. Where is the fairness you're talking about when that happens? Sometimes you really can't have it all.

I'm asking for it to have two procs, like the Elondrian Bow. Developers stated that the Frost-Touch Bow is slightly better than the Elondrian Bow, but it turns out it is actually worse! +2 dex is not an advantage - it is something that will never be noticed.

I'm not asking for the bow to be better than the Elondrian Bow but I am asking for it to be on the same level. Hence why I suggested something other than a heal return on attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I will trade my Elon bow with your frost bow, deal?

If not, why do you want a buff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

And while we're at it, why not make the Frost Rifle freeze proc happen to more than one target as well as lowering defense so it's on par with the Elon rifle?
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm asking for it to have two procs, like the Elondrian Bow. Developers stated that the Frost-Touch Bow is slightly better than the Elondrian Bow, but it turns out it is actually worse! +2 dex is not an advantage - it is something that will never be noticed.

I'm not asking for the bow to be better than the Elondrian Bow but I am asking for it to be on the same level. Hence why I suggested something other than a heal return on attack.
    I understand that but if you really want it to be fair why only ask for frost touch bow be buffed and not the elondrian bow as well? Give both bows the same stats and 2 procs, I guess this is what you should have asked if you really want both bows to be at the same level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I understand that but if you really want it to be fair why only ask for frost touch bow be buffed and not the elondrian bow as well? Give both bows the same stats and 2 procs, I guess this is what you should have asked if you really want both bows to be at the same level.

Sure, I am not against that.

However, developers did state this new frost touched bow would be slightly better.

Frankly, it's not. Even the proc rate is substantially lower than that of the Elo Bow's bush proc.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    I will trade my Elon bow with your frost bow, deal?

If not, why do you want a buff?
    I already have an Elondrian Warfare Bow with Paracelsus Gems if you read.

Why would I need two?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    And while we're at it, why not make the Frost Rifle freeze proc happen to more than one target as well as lowering defense so it's on par with the Elon rifle?
    The Frost Rifle slow/freeze isn't a proc. It happens with EVERY shot landed. If the bows proc became a standard weapon attribute that happened every time the bow was fired, it would take some getting used to but doubtful anyone would ask for a buff, even with no health return just like armor buff for original elon gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    The Frost Rifle slow/freeze isn't a proc. It happens with EVERY shot landed. If the bows proc became a standard weapon attribute that happened every time the bow was fired, it would take some getting used to but doubtful anyone would ask for a buff, even with no health return just like armor buff for original elon gun.
    Ah so it's the reverse of the armor proc on elon rifle, instead of stacking an armor buff you're stacking a slow to freeze.

Still, it could use something else tho, since the elon rifle lowers enemy armor 25% while rooting the targets.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sure, I am not against that.

However, developers did state this new frost touched bow would be slightly better.

Frankly, it's not. Even the proc rate is substantially lower than that of the Elo Bow's bush proc.

Yeah Devs confirmed that it will be slightly better when it comes to stats but not with procs. They also confirmed that procs of both weapons will be an advantage depending on different situations. With that being said, both bows were made differently and should be used on different situations. Let's accept it. We can't have it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I would suggest increasing the proc rate of the frost bow, but NOT making it have the heal per attack. I like that these weapons are different. For the sorcerer gun, the frost gun is clearly the more "offensive" weapon with the freeze per attack, but the elondrian gun is the more "defensive" weapon with the shield buff per attack. Perhaps the same should be said for the rogue bows, having the frost bow be the more offensive weapon, while the elondrian bow would be the more defensive weapon giving the heal procs. This makes players have to choose one or the other. I like that there is no clear best weapon.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah Devs confirmed that it will be slightly better when it comes to stats but not with procs. They also confirmed that procs of both weapons will be an advantage depending on different situations. With that being said, both bows were made differently and should be used on different situations. Let's accept it. We can't have it all.

The proc is nearly non existent. Either raise the proc rate or fix the glitch where Elondrian Warfare Recurve returns health on every attack when it shouldn't be according to description.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

It prob could but when I tested it, it seemed incredibly useful. For example, I played with my rogue against a mage with new frost gun and breeze and I've never moved less in a PVP match lol. Maybe like charged shot or reg shot has a chance to apply 10% armor debuff for attacks against warriors. I'm not a great PVPer (yet) but the new rifle/breeze combo caused me to rage a little hahaha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Back on topic Zeus, is there anything you like about the frost bow? I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    Back on topic Zeus, is there anything you like about the frost bow? I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.
    I actually like the proc and would not mind giving up the glitched heal return of Elondrian Warfare Recurve Bow of Potency but it needs to be more frequent to be considered useful. Right now, even the bush proc of Elondrian Warfare Recurve occurs at a substantially higher rate and can do just as much damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The proc is nearly non existent. Either raise the proc rate or fix the glitch where Elondrian Warfare Recurve returns health on every attack when it shouldn't be according to description.

Increasing the proc rate of the Frost Mythic Bow and Decreasing Elon Bows Proc? Is this really the solution that you want? Sorry but I think you are being one-sided with the things you are telling me and contradicting the main point of your concern which is for both bows to be fair. Again, both bows were made for different situations. Sometimes acceptance is the key. Devs confirmed everything beforehand. I think you need to focus on the term "Made Differently".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The frost bow doesnt need a buff!?! If u dont like the bow, dont use it, use elo, done?! Why shud Sts buff it? It shud better be a cheaper than elo weapon for ppl who havent enough gold for elo bow, they can buy the frost bow then and they'll be happy!? So pls stop crying, ty.
    Last edited by Hellcookie; 12-15-2014 at 12:04 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hellcookie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellcookie View Post
    The frost bow doesnt need a buff!?! If u dont like the bow, dont use it, use elo, done?! Why shud Sts buff it? It shud better be a cheaper than elo weapon for ppl who havent enough gold for elo bow, they can buy the frost bow then and they'll be happy!? So pls stop crying, ty.
    +1