Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Needs a Buff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I am not contradicting myself. The frost bow health return was a suggestion. Among that suggestion, there were other suggestions as well like increasing proc rate. I never stated that the frost bow receiving health return was my preferred suggestion. Did I? I never stated for all the suggestions to be implemented either, did I? It is a one or the other offering.

I want the bow to be worthwhile to use and that in turn benefits many, especially those who are popping crates.

Developers stated there will be an advantage on proc. Where is the advantage? The Elondrian Warfare is both offensive and defensive in its proc. Also, it does not take 5 minutes of spamming auto attack to get it to finally proc. The Frost Touched is an aggressive proc but so rare, even amulet seems to proc more.

I have both, yes. And currently, Elondrian seems to perform better in just about any situation.

STG made a great decision in ensuring Elondrian bows rise in value*.
    Ok bro whatever you say and whatever you think is right then go for it. We have our own opinions. Just don't forget that they were made differently and acceptance is the key. Nice discussing with you. Good luck with the bows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I already have an Elondrian Warfare Bow with Paracelsus Gems if you read.

Why would I need two?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    You just said the reason by yourself, this bow is still useful because of the uniqueness. Why need a buff then ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I don't make the calls, lol? If something logical is suggested, developers implement.

Furthermore, there's numerous weeks left. Why would anyone in their right mind buy out bows when there are still going to be a lot dropping?

If you must know, I have gold invested in 3 arcane rings right now, 3 Elondrian Bows, 1 Imbued Potency Set, 1 Frost Bow, 1 Ghoulish Daggers and the remaining 300M is untouched because nobody in today's economy has gold except for me, Twoxc, and a few others.

So there, my investments as well as the items I use are on the table. Screenshots if needed.
    *puts on common gears and copy pastes "pls sir"*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

3 weeks^

Close enough. The plat farmers still multiplied the amount of crates crafted and opened by many times, so one extra week will not even the odds out. There will still be a ton more elondrian bows than frost.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Close enough. The plat farmers still multiplied the amount of crates crafted and opened by many times, so one extra week will not even the odds out. There will still be a ton more elondrian bows than frost.
    Sure but that doesn't mean it would be wise to buy out stock when bows are still coming and will continue to come in months after the event has ended.

Stocking up on any event mythics has always and always will be a loss because after the event, they're still obtainable due to the lockeds remaining after event.

50M bonesaw anyone?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

For the record. Winter event is 4 weeks long. Ice scale essences have twice better drop rate than elondrian ones. More ursume crates. More bows.

Also before Halloween bows used to sell for 25-28m. After Halloween the price of the bow was 18-21m because were 2 viable solution for a mythic weapon out there. I'm very good when comes to predict prices before any event comes. I was one of the few people who sold his bow because was 101% sure a new weapon comes and the price of any mythic weapon will cost 5-6m less.

Elondrian Bows and Frost bows are going to sell for maximum 14m after 6th January. I let the conspiracy experts to take it from here .

One more thing. Sts should clearify now if the bow is going to get buffed or not so i could decide which one I should buy and paragem it .
    Last edited by Titanium; 12-15-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Sure but that doesn't mean it would be wise to buy out stock when bows are still coming and will continue to come in months after the event has ended.

Stocking up on any event mythics has always and always will be a loss because after the event, they're still obtainable due to the lockeds remaining after event.

50M bonesaw anyone?
    54m. I never said it was wise to stock up on event mythics. Only the first ones out are of any real value.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    54m. I never said it was wise to stock up on event mythics. Only the first ones out are of any real value.
    I wasn't referring to your Bonesaw, lol. I was just saying in general! However, I'm glad that you see it's not some sort of investment conspiracy theory.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

In my opinion, this thread went totally out of hand.

Perhaps some understanding and proper detailed points of view would make things more accurate on each side and less drama.
    Anyhow, I kind of agree. It's a new bow, that just got introduced and is level 41 as well. Making it worth more than older ones would sound fair to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychologist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

With everything you say or ask, people will look different at you no matter what the topic is going on about
    Youre probably the most known player out there in arlor, But dont forget you can be the most hated person aswell.

Back to topic
    I saw the frost bow in action in kraken mines 3 i saw it proc twice in a whole run seems low tho ;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The problem with STS has always been nerf and buff. Nerf singe. Buff singe. Nerf this Buff that.
    Having said that if a item is broken it definitely needs fixing. From all what I read the only broken commodity is the proc rate probably. The proc should be in sync with all other mythic items no matter the level or rarity.
    So all in all if the proc rate is infinitesimally small then kindly ask for that to be fixed. But changing its entire design would be catastrophic and an economical disaster.
    E.g. I created the thread on Syrillax gem after learning from you that STS didnt provide what they said would provide although that has now turned to an entirely new buff gem thread for which I have stopped replying there.
    I am pretty sure the new bow doesnt need a buff, what it probably needs is the proper environment where it would shine. Maybe most people are missing it. Like many pointed out here that both the bows have entirely different procs which might be suited to different scenarios.
    Conclusion: If anything needs to be looked its the broken proc rate which might needs to be looked, not the proc.
    Also STS while doing this kindly do some bugs atleast from Madnex's list which he keeps piling up on effortlessly and without asking for pay.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

to add a bit to the original topic: stg went for diversity instead of just a reskin. since many people just acquired their elo mythics during double everything days, i think old and new myth should support different playstyles, offensive and defensive, but keep a general balance in effectiveness and value. how about discussing this balance here?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Unfortunately what I see is that the topic has gone entirely offtrack. A wild mod would appear now and say "Hey please keep it friendly" and remove all comments. So instead of giving the mod that pleasure why don't we all stick to the topic here and not throw tantrums at each other?
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Hello,

As an owner of both the Elondrian WarFare Recurve of Potency and the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency, I can say that the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency needs a buff to bring it up to the level of Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency.

Currently, the Elondrian Warfare Recurve of Potency is far more useful than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency for the following reasons:
    - Health return per attack, including DoT attacks. On spells like charged nox, this can be a lifesaver in huge pulls
    - Bush Proc (which is considered pretty bad but far more frequent than the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency proc)

Frost-Touched Bow of Potency Proc:
    - Spawns an icy whirlwind on proc which pushes, damages, and slows enemies.

As you can see, the Elondrian WarFare Recurve clearly has more advantages. So, what I am asking is if there's a way to grant the Frost-Touched Bow of Potency health return per attack as well or perhaps a chance, albeit lower, to spawn icy whirlwind proc via damage delivered?

Bow auto attack is rarely uses so basically, one is buying an Elondrian Warfare Recurve with no heal return proc and nothing other than a measly 2 dex to show for it.

~Zeus
    Back to the main point of this thread, is the above.

Avy
    12-2012

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Back to the main point of this thread, is the above.

A lil off topic but i LOOOOVE your sig! Suits you well
    One day i hope for a vanity that looks very similar to the angel in your sig! (wings included)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Too many lvl 41 mythic weapons to chose from already......each one has a give and a take.
    Pick which one suits you best and use it.

No need to buff anything

In many peoples cases including the OP you can easily afford both so there is your answer.

Own both and switch them out whenever you deem it necessary.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-15-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Its a good lession again for do not jump into new weapons immediately. Scythe, Ghoulish, and now frost bow&frost gun.

There will be a new weapon in a few month(s) anyways.
    Last edited by Haligali; 12-15-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Lot of resentments surfacing in this thread... Can I try the bow Zeus? I'll let you hold my elon as collateral. I don't have much to add bc I haven't used one. Or anyone for that matter, can I try your frost bow? I'll give proper collateral.

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #59
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Way too much drama here. Please keep the discussion constructive and friendly. Like I have said many times in the past, if you see something objectionable in game, please send us an e-mail to support@spacetimestudios.com. If it's on the forums, please report it. There is no need to comment/add to the problem.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com