Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I'm not quitting but yeah, I'm frustrated... My view...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I do not agree with that the events are the cause of bugs. The event system is the perfect retirement of AL and for STS. It's my main reason to believe AL won't get another cap raise. It keeps the game somewhat interesting, without lots of work to create new maps, gear, maps, bosses, etc. The event system is the solution where the other legend games lack of. They truly died with the stop of development. It's been almost a year [march 2014] without a new level cap for AL and yet a massive amount players play the game, because they keep entertained with the events. Especially the events are well played and undeniable good for platinum sales too.
    The last cap, STS had a race-to-cap contest with a big prize. This was fun for players, but the knife cuts both ways. It gave players an extra interest to cap their characters, but it also left them with nothing to play for faster than normal.

The first 'test' event and the elondrian event didn't had serious issues. Sure it had complaints, but bugs? Prizes have been adjusted over the events while STS learned from the previous events.
    The lag issues started with the last introduction of the new client which was just before the halloween event. I don't know which changes have been made in the last client, but it seem to have a big effect. Bugs might be part of the new client, it also might have been bad planning of the last 2 events (halloween & winter) colliding with the mayor lag-issue which had to be fixed like written in the OP.

If only other legend games had an event system...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I do think AL has at least one more cap raise in its future. Granted new caps have slowed considerably but I do think we will get at least one more.

I agree that the events system in the perfect implementation would extend the life of AL considerably with little development needed by STS. I have my doubts however that STS has achieved that "perfect implementation" just yet. Each event has quirks and odd disconnects from previous events. For example why can party members join an event map after the boss has been attacked in this event but that has not been allowed before? To me a perfect event system would require turning on a few flags and reskinning a couple maps and mobs. They would have to change a few items in loot tables and give the event a name that would alter the name of crates. There has obviously been a lot more work going into events than just that plus recycled vanities and pets have not been well received.

Planar content is also meant to hold end gamers attention between caps and ultimately until this new game is released. It has its own problems too mostly involving impossible to loot items, or at least so near to impossible that folks have already lost interest in trying to farm them due to the expense. If there were some lower tier items that could be looted more frequently that had some value and could be sold to keep folks farming longer maybe we would have something.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone for contributing constructive posts to this thread. Hopefully STS will take some/all to heart and work at some of the suggestions.

Thrindal