Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Concern, Devs help clarify pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Small Concern, Devs help clarify pls

First off Hello Sts Devs & Player Community,

I've read & made sure I understood your "The Frozen Frontlines Winter Event is Live in Arcane Legends!" Post that specifically says, craft normal ice chest to the rarer "Greater Ice-Chest" for chances at new legendary gear & possibly winter pet snowball.

Has the legendary loot been forgotten to be added to these chest/loot table? Similar to how the new Chillwind rings weren't properly added to loot table in chest. My concern as well as many other AL players is 1) The icescale gear particularly seems "more than just rare", it seems roughly non existent, especially at lower twink levels considering how long this event has been live

I look to sts forum post for accurate info on events, items, chest contents... and in the past days with this event most of the info posted by sts seems "Subject to change" or either incorrect, "Opps srry all we forgot this" I have opened a large amount of greater-ice chest to receive 100% gold returns, which is nothing out of the ordinary.. but when I've asked fellow guildmates that have opened way more Greater-Ice chest than I have, they ALL report only gold drops from these chest, not even green equip lol Thats why I decided to make this post.

I was planning on purchasing Greater-Ice chest recipe but before I do so & waste so many tokens, can my concern be clarified please by Devs. Gold is good & all but the reason any of us would bother using tokens to get recipe is for the equip that sts stated should drop from them. I was told that the legendary equip ONLY drops from Locked Ursume Chest.. I hope this is not the case.

P.S we are talking about "Legendary" equip here, so please don't give me the its a rare drop like we're looting arcane items from these chest or something.

Ty for your time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Lol i opened 3 and got Only gear...
    So like...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I opened all i looted...that were a few already and i only got 2000 gold in all of them 😑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I only got gold in greater chests.. I'm over plat tier etc and never seen any pink drop out it. Always 2k 5k and 10 tokens
    Snowball drops as goldenchest its not in greater-chest.

Last event we could loot mythics aswell why we can't loot mythics now? this means only plat buyers can loot those mythics? non plat users can't even get a chance at this..
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Lol i opened 3 and got Only gear...
    So like...
    My specific point where i said.. it seems non existence which may suggest the drop percentage is WAY TOO LOW for a legendary level item. Also pls SS your 3 equip looted or did u already lol sell them >.>. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but it really seems unlikely.

This concern is important because at twinks levels 3-25 NEW legendary gear is ALL WE have to look forward too as far as Armor/Helm/Ring/Wpn etc are concerned. We don't have any options for Mythics. So New legendary gear is VERY Important to us due to it being our only top quality gear option.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 12-17-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Wonder if not that many at those levels are running the event. Could explain the scarcity of gear?
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

My guild is lvl 17/18 and some are playin for leaderboard aswell and they dont even looted an icescale yet. only 2 players have BOUGHT pieces from other players who opened ursume lockeds. Thats what i know at lvl17/18
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Higuani For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Good point,
    But for a fact when you zone into winter event area they're a majority of twink lvl players in zone as well on the Current LB for each class. 90% of my guild runs event daily & we are 150 members plus. I have multiple twinks at different lvls and since event lauch have always had full parties to run event, no matter what time of day with random ppl or diff guilds etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I can confirm that the legendary gear sets do in fact drop from greater chests, however the majority of the time you only recive tokens, the occasional energy kit or a patheticly small amount of gold hardly worth the time and effort of crafting them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotttSauce View Post
    My specific point where i said.. it seems non existence which may suggest the drop percentage is WAY TOO LOW for a legendary level item. Also pls SS your 3 equip looted or did u already lol sell them >.>. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but it really seems unlikely.

This concern is important because at twinks levels 3-25 NEW legendary gear is ALL WE have to look forward too as far as Armor/Helm/Ring/Wpn etc are concerned. We don't have any options for Mythics. So New legendary gear is VERY Important to us due to it being our only top quality gear option.
    Im 41, got 2 useless helms and one armor, 1 full rogue set of force and one rogue helm of tactics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Frostbitten ring, not chillwind(amulet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Opening chests has always had lower pink chance on twink lvls. You'll get gold most of the time. That's why the prices haven't plummeted.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm actually pleased that the new gear is somewhat rare. In the last event, by the time the event was over (2 weeks), the new gear was selling for 500 gold per item. At that price, it is worthless and no longer worthwhile to loot. This event will last twice as long as the last one, so the gear better be kept more rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I bought the greater chest recipe and opened quite a lot of them so far. I haven't seen icescale gear, only looted three totally useless frigid armors, which I liquidated. Everything else was gold and tokens, not even a Frist recipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

You do realize there is almost 3 weeks of event left and there not dropping alot but they are dropping these sets are pretty op compared to ancient living etc etc so im happy with it being kinda a rare drop ive opened at least 30 chests and havent got 1 pink so it is frustrating but i think this needs to stay a rare drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm actually pleased that the new gear is somewhat rare. In the last event, by the time the event was over (2 weeks), the new gear was selling for 500 gold per item. At that price, it is worthless and no longer worthwhile to loot. This event will last twice as long as the last one, so the gear better be kept more rare.
    Yea, but the gear SHOULDN'T be SO RARE that NO 1 gets it. You generally think along the lines of merching/making gold... but don't forget about the FUN aspect of the game. New equip is something many should enjoy, it's legendary for gosh sakes. Secondly this event has a time frame which ends in a few weeks & the rate ppl are getting this new gear to drops seems like A HUGE amount of players wont get the chance to own it ever!

It's not like an arcane or even a mythic item when there's ALWAYS a chance one can loot it given its low rarity. I'm speaking of what seems to be the SAME level of rarity placed on Legendary equip that will totally disappear after the event ends. Understand the difference?

This gear is not a necessity for end gamers with the many other options they have for equip, but it IS a necessity for Twink levels. And to be clear, MANY players PRIMARY toon is their twink toon, unlike you which i'm sure your endgame mage is yours. So your reply on the $$$ side of things seems fit on a player not Primarily focused on enjoying the TWINKING aspects of AL.

We are not trying to loot Arcane nor Mythic items here (that have understandable LOW drop rates), so the drop level should be increased a bit here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The only issue I have seen is with level 10, and the issue there is that locked crates were delivering level 11 items to level 10 players. I believe the developers are now aware of this issue and will implement a fix soon enough. As for other levels, I see plenty of them for sale in the auction. I purchased a new Icescale set for my level 8 sorcerer a couple of days ago. It was the brutality set, which is probably the most popular, and there were several for sale in the auction at the time. That tells me the supply is there. They don't need to become so common that they cost 2k each. The best armor and helm available for any level should sell for a premium price. Otherwise what joy is there in looting these items if you can't sell them for anything? In that case I'd rather just loot 2k gold from each chest.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The only issue I have seen is with level 10, and the issue there is that locked crates were delivering level 11 items to level 10 players. I believe the developers are now aware of this issue and will implement a fix soon enough. As for other levels, I see plenty of them for sale in the auction. I purchased a new Icescale set for my level 8 sorcerer a couple of days ago. It was the brutality set, which is probably the most popular, and there were several for sale in the auction at the time. That tells me the supply is there. They don't need to become so common that they cost 2k each. The best armor and helm available for any level should sell for a premium price. Otherwise what joy is there in looting these items if you can't sell them for anything? In that case I'd rather just loot 2k gold from each chest.
    Icescale armors in lockeds to.. and snowball..
    I to have had gold or 10tokens in most. No snowball ,frist or legendary in the greater chests, or mythics.... not opened 100ds, but enuff to have been better off opening 3x lesser chests for 3x the gold lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I lolled energizeric.
    I made a topic in traders market 'Buyin icescale potency set lvl17 rogue' Do you think somebody reply'd? My topic is already dusted to page 3

Those equips are to rare to be legendary. I see sooner or later a bigger gap in pvp for twinks.
    Normal players VS Para/eye gem players VS Para/eye gem + Icescale(10+ Bonus stats included) + Arcane pet players

Its gettin the same way as endgame

Legendary players VS Mythic Players VS Mythic/Arcane players
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Lol there not there rare ive been spamming auction for days and have seen almost every lvls top sets i think most of you are looking at it from a gold stand point cuz there in there and have been for days nobody wants to dishout 300k for it there cool looking and good the drop rate should stay the same