Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Will Share A Common Scam I Fell For - Please Read

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Sts, is it allowed to "Bully" a scammer, telling them you're gonna destroy their reputation, ban them, and etc, because i know someone who scammed me, and they currently are going around scamming people. and i always say "Oh, its you again, Hi _*insert name here*_ , doin some scamming today, alright buddy have fun! Hope you trip and fall" so... is that allowed? or is one of those things were "if you got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" ? cuz.. i wanna keep saying this, the person zones out of town every time xD love the feeling of making a scammer's Scam plans harder ! ;D
    Lmao at this comment and double Lmao at your sig :P made me laugh haha
    I do this too though, generally ask them if they have made any good deals "scams" today. The best part is that it makes them rage
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Tried to buy a level 12 dep for 200k. Person "accidentally" closed the trade window. Traded again, bought the item I was all happy about making a good merch. Try to equip them on my higher level alt (level 15). See that they are level 26 depraved.
    Me =
    - (un) Retired -

blaze5786

26 depraved for 200k seems like a standard price so it doesn't seem all too bad haha but yeah trade scams are everywhere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for sharing guys. Really helpful info.
    I think even STS have to acknowledge that scam happens to anyone n they have done little to prevent it.
    STS have to make this thread as sticky and suggest players to read it. N hopefully we will not fall for the same traps twice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonfrozt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    That person is me ^^

I barely have enough for potions and listing stuff in cs makes me bankrupt. Not everyone is living high and mighty
    New to AL? I was about 4 months ago. Id be happy to give you some gold for listings and pots. The sooner the days of selling epics for 500g is over the better. We were all once there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5786 View Post
    A previous scam I feel for foolishly was lending a guild member my depraved blades and other rares and equips equaling to about 9m which I spent a hard year grinding up to purchase. The end result was sts making late late replies waiting weeks for a response from support, no items returned (I can't complain but this person is a professional scammer who is well known by a couple of friends that he has stolen arlor sets to countless mythic gear, disgusting), a warning to me on forums for sharing something and exploiting a scam too deeply when I wanted to notify people of what to be cautious of, a response roughly saying "we cannot share details about players for security reasons" backing up how they may not have banned this scammer with branches and branches or alts and accounts organised for these scams. I believe trade compensation of getting our items back at least should be enabled to suit the poor effort of sts to prevent scams and the light justice system, just strict rules that provokes scams and angers victims. Also, why is sts bringing back pet eggs which I paid double to even triple to purchase such as grimm and breezaga? And I think I should get a refund for buying snowball for 20 plat back then when its only worth about 20k now. I am not happy with this game atm >
    Not being mean or harsh, but you and your friends are idi*ts, seriously why on the heavens of earth would you give away/ "lend" 9million gold worth of items. I wouldn't give someone worth more than 50k unless I knew them inside out and they were a good friend. And in order for that you need to get to know me for some while - Last time I checked if your foolish enough to give away arlor sets and mythics you are stupid. I'm just speaking the truth, so don't get offended - that's what I do honesty is my number one policy.
    Last edited by Dvsk; 12-19-2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dvsk For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

The people who price switch scam are REALLY bad at it too! XD

I swear! once this rogue tried to scam me, went from 2mil to 20k -_-
    I even pm'd her saying "If you're gonna scam, atleast be good at it! -_- " XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5786 View Post
    26 depraved for 200k seems like a standard price so it doesn't seem all too bad haha but yeah trade scams are everywhere
    At the time you could get them for like 50k
    - (un) Retired -

blaze5786

Yeah, the depraved i got taken off me was 2mil then, now its worth like about 3 times more :'(