Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Frozen Frontlines CTF Tournament Line-Up Announced!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

So no Karma teams are competing Hell? Bummer, I wanted to see this tourney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Remiem,

I'm trying that tournament bracket right now, using exactly the same registered teams. Despite me spamming bracket over bracket and refreshing the page, I am not able to get a match up that looks remotely like the one displayed. The odds just seem highly unlikely. :/

I guess it is what it is and good luck to everybody in the tournament!

Honestly, how many teams does ONE guild need in a tournament? C'mon 3+ teams in a limited group tournament. Thats like in the NBA playoffs you divided one team & gave them 3 or 4 spots in a total of 8 playoff brackets. Or in a race one team occupied 6 spots while the competitors only got 2 slots to compete. So its like in First, Second, Third, Fourth place its Karma, Karma, Karma & >.> Karma? 7th & 8th go to those other guys.

On the other side it shows that Karma is VERY into pvp & they enjoy it and love to participate in events like this. Great for that. It also shows how if i'm correct tournament bracket couldn't even be filled up becuase of a lack of interest from a wide range of endgame players. Which probably thought who wants to fight multiple Karma teams?

Even from the post concerning fairness etc; If many Karma members registered numerous teams then good for them, kinda boring but eh. Now tournament organizers may want to give other pvp players lvls a shot at events like this. I think you'd getter a better diversification of players & guilds which will make things MORE interesting and not ZZzzzz. I'm glad the tournament bracket came out the way it did. Gives a tiny bit of hopes to other guilds, to have fun & thk they can win it all.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 12-19-2014 at 11:55 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotttSauce View Post
    Honestly, how many teams does ONE guild need in a tournament? C'mon 3+ teams in a limited group tournament. Thats like in the NBA playoffs you divided one team & gave them 3 or 4 spots in a total of 8 playoff brackets. Or in a race one team occupied 6 spots while the competitors only got 2 slots to compete. So its like in First, Second, Third, Fourth place its Karma, Karma, Karma & >.> Karma? 7th & 8th go to those other guys.

On the other side it shows that Karma is VERY into pvp & they enjoy it and love to participate in events like this. Great for that. It also shows how if i'm correct tournament bracket couldn't even be filled up becuase of a lack of interest from a wide range of endgame players. Which probably thought who wants to fight multiple Karma teams?

Even from the post concerning fairness etc; If many Karma members registered numerous teams then good for them, kinda boring but eh. Now tournament organizers may want to give other pvp players lvls a shot at events like this. I think you'd getter a better diversification of players & guilds which will make things MORE interesting and not ZZzzzz. I'm glad the tournament bracket came out the way it did. Gives a tiny bit of hopes to other guilds, to have fun & thk they can win it all.
    Well u are right... But there was no rule saying a guild can have x teams... Also if karma wouldn't fill up the teams the tourney would have been delayed for weeks or cancelled. If other teams wouldnt want to see 5-6-7 karma teams they would have register earlier so this wouldnt happen.

Coming back to subject.. as Zeus said the probability is almost 0%. So from one try, brackets hitted the 0.002% and this is how was set. Very very very hard to believe... I used alot that link for tourneys and I'm sure Zeus did also... So we are not speaking just to speak... And there is no drama... If there would have exist a 5-10 seconds video proving that the brackets were just randomly.. Hands down and no comment... But its so simple to drag and drop teams in that page and do the tourney how u wish as u cant believe it..

Saying that in this way Sts gives others a chance to win.. I do agree.. But they should have placed a rule saying Karma not allowed so others can win...

I dont see this as a transparent tourney.. And sorry Remiem about what I said, but I will keep my words. It's all I can see: arranged brackets to not have two karma teams in final for example... And give others a chance to not fight karma and be there...

Anyway, I was expecting an answer like Remiem did, but its not convincing, and as long as there is no video to prove that, I will stop saying any word... What was done was done and seems STS wanna continue in this way..

Well good luck for all the teams in this tourney... Have fun which is the most important... And Remiem next time, take advise from others and do simple videos which will prove others are wrong... And will help you to keep a tourney clean... Since these doesnt exist.. you will always get these kind of feebdacks. This is normal.. Its like I won at lottery 1 million euros even if I dont play.. That was the odd in ur bracket.

Remiem, good luck with ur tourney and all the best!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nrt View Post
    If it wasnt for karma guild u will only have 8 teams in tourney.. we are trying to make this tourney successful.. therefore; we expect the formation of brackets to be fair
    Brackets are fair,
    its a team that entered the tournament vs another team that entered the tournament, is it not?
    From your comments, it really looks like you wanted your guilds teams spread across the bracket in positions to take out all competition. Now that isn't fair.
    To Nrt's comment, "If it wasnt for karma guild u will only have 8 teams in tourney.. we are trying to make this tourney successful.. therefore; we expect the formation of brackets to be fair" maybe this is the problem. One endgame guild showing primary interest in an Arcane Legends tournament. There are SO many endgame guilds that could of entered just for the FUN FACTOR of it all, even if they don't mainly pvp. But that didn't happen due to a number of reasons, 1) feeling you have no equal chance is a big one, so why bother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    Well u are right... But there was no rule saying a guild can have x teams... Also if karma wouldn't fill up the teams the tourney would have been delayed for weeks or cancelled. If other teams wouldnt want to see 5-6-7 karma teams they would have register earlier so this wouldnt happen.

Coming back to subject.. as Zeus said the probability is almost 0%. So from one try, brackets hitted the 0.002% and this is how was set. Very very very hard to believe... I used alot that link for tourneys and I'm sure Zeus did also... So we are not speaking just to speak... And there is no drama... If there would have exist a 5-10 seconds video proving that the brackets were just randomly.. Hands down and no comment... But its so simple to drag and drop teams in that page and do the tourney how u wish as u cant believe it..

Saying that in this way Sts gives others a chance to win.. I do agree.. But they should have placed a rule saying Karma not allowed so others can win...

I dont see this as a transparent tourney.. And sorry Remiem about what I said, but I will keep my words. It's all I can see: arranged brackets to not have two karma teams in final for example... And give others a chance to not fight karma and be there...

Anyway, I was expecting an answer like Remiem did, but its not convincing, and as long as there is no video to prove that, I will stop saying any word... What was done was done and seems STS wanna continue in this way..

Well good luck for all the teams in this tourney... Have fun which is the most important... And Remiem next time, take advise from others and do simple videos which will prove others are wrong... And will help you to keep a tourney clean... Since these doesnt exist.. you will always get these kind of feebdacks. This is normal.. Its like I won at lottery 1 million euros even if I dont play.. That was the odd in ur bracket.

Remiem, good luck with ur tourney and all the best!
    Thx Paul,
    I thk Karma guild is great, that being said people also want variety, they want to root for the underdog. Not many ppl want to see the Cleveland Cavaliers team1, vs Cleveland Cavaliers team2, Cleveland Cavaliers team3 vs Cleveland Cavaliers team4 in the end of any tournament. It loses interest to see one team usually/constantly take the glory when they had limited opposition to go against them, when it looks like the odds are in their favor (multiple hi-lvl teams from the same guild spread across one bracket), being all AL community know Karma is one of, if not thee strongest end game pvp guild.

The setup of this bracket HAS made things a bit more interesting for others to actually watch now, including myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Stop whining ffs, if you don't like the line up, next time encourage other guild's to enter, get others involved, If there is a problem with what guilds enter and how many from each, then make a team cap, and guild name requirement. But the fact is Karma with its teams has filled the brackets for all to play. Good luck to all the Karma teams lol, and the rest of Arlor that has entered. Thanks Remiem for setting up the tourney!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback. Lesson learned from this time around and we will definitely consider a guild limit going forward and put some more transparency into the bracketing process. To give you guys a preview, the next event will be a Twink event so it'll get some fresh faces in for sure. As it stands, the brackets on this page are final so I'm going to lock up this thread to keep the drama at bay. Thanks, see you all on Saturday!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com