Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Frozen Frontlines CTF Tournament Line-Up Announced!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    I have an idea.
    STS should limit the number of teams any one guild can have in a tourny. Then, if a large guild has more then that number, say 2, of teams wanting to enter they can hold a tourny within their own guild to decide which team gets to enter the STS tourny.
    Kind of like the Olympics, any one country can only have so many people/teams entered in the Olympics so they hold competitions within their own country to decide who gets to be on the Olympic team.
    I do agree if rules are announced before, but STS didn't, so they can't make the brackets how they want... they should keep it fair!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I fail to see how the brackets aren't fair. Each team knew going in that they would be faced against an opponent, if you choose to enter against your guildmates you knew what could happen going in. That it would be very likely you'd be fighting against them. Why can't it be let the best Karma team win. This isn't about guild but player skill if you stripped away the guild then no one would be complaining. One guild can't have it all, all the time.

If the line up is changed for the solo reason of Karma teams.. then that's just messed up.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    I have an idea.
    STS should limit the number of teams any one guild can have in a tourny. Then, if a large guild has more then that number, say 2, of teams wanting to enter they can hold a tourny within their own guild to decide which team gets to enter the STS tourny.
    Kind of like the Olympics, any one country can only have so many people/teams entered in the Olympics so they hold competitions within their own country to decide who gets to be on the Olympic team.
    If karma only is allowed 2 teams they would be only 9 or 10 teams in tournament. That's not the problem. The problem is that other guilds don't register. If you pay close attention brakets didn't filled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If it wasnt for karma guild u will only have 8 teams in tourney.. we are trying to make this tourney successful.. therefore; we expect the formation of brackets to be fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well sts should mention next time only 1 team for each guild so they can do fair brackets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I fail to see how the brackets aren't fair. Each team knew going in that they would be faced against an opponent, if you choose to enter against your guildmates you knew what could happen going in. That it would be very likely you'd be fighting against them. Why can't it be let the best Karma team win. This isn't about guild but player skill if you stripped away the guild then no one would be complaining. One guild can't have it all, all the time.

If the line up is changed for the solo reason of Karma teams.. then that's just messed up.

So actually you tell me the brackets are fair, with all karma teams in brackets A,B,C? Are you joking?

And winner of A bracket fighting again a karma team?

Well I won't judge you, it's your opinion, but I can't be stupid to think that... that's my point and I'm keeping it
    Last edited by Paulsebi; 12-19-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Regardless the bracket formation and the probability of all Karma teams in first 3 brackets..
    Do u simply agree with breaking down the formation in which all Karma teams cant get through semi-finals except for 1 team. We are 7 or 8 teams.. Atleast 3 out of 8 teams should have the chance to make it to the top? Worst scenario cases 5 teams in brackets A, B, C.. Fair probability..

We want this tourney to be successful, we appreciate STS efforts..

Seriously What are the odds of two karma teams that played finals in previous tourney, meet in same bracket if Karma team wins.. Karma vs Karma forever..

Note: I wonder In which bracket my team would be if it wasn't named after karma.

Do u still fail to see how brackets are unfair.
    Last edited by H£ll; 12-19-2014 at 10:43 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to H£ll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    So actually you tell me the brackets are fair, with all karma teams in brackets A,B,C? Are you joking?

And winner of A bracket fighting again a karma team?

Well I won't judge you, it's your opinion, but I can't be stupid to think that... that's my point and I'm keeping it
    First of all I'm not stupid and don't feel that, that was needed. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Judge away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H£ll View Post
    Regardless the bracket formation and the probability of all Karma teams in first 3 brackets..
    Do u simply agree with breaking down the formation in which all Karma teams cant get through semi-finals except for 1 team. We are 7 or 8 teams.. Atleast 3 out of 8 teams should have the chance to make it to the top? Worst scenario cases 5 teams in brackets A, B, C.. Fair probability..

We want this tourney to be successful, we appreciate STS efforts..

Note: I wonder In which bracket my team would be if it wasn't named after karma.
    I understand what you're saying. I'm looking at this as purely players no guilds involved. Obviously it's not the popular view point on it. I do wish everyone good luck regardless of guild. There are some amazing teams here!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

First of all I'm not stupid and don't feel that, that was needed. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Judge away.
    Well sorry, I didn't wanted to sound like that, my bad for the way of expressing it... and I won't judge anyone for their opinion, but as said I see this clearly not fair... and it was made just to eliminate a possible Karma vs Karma team in final like we had in Summer TDM tourney... if they would have said it in the rules ...only x teams from same guild allowed... or things like this... than there wouldn't been any decisions like this... but clearly unfair now... that's all and sorry again ... not pointing to u at all... all the best!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

First off, I just want to state that I rarely complain or make fuss over tournaments and deal with what I am dealt. However, that being said, simple probability calculations show the odds of all Karma teams being against each other as 0.002%. Again, that is 0.002%!

That's lower than a chance to loot an arcane in a crate and it seems that Karma, as a guild, has been lucky (unlucky?) enough to hit those odds. Furthermore, the previous winners of the TDM tournament are slotted to go against each other as well. So, the bad luck of match ups is even more unrealistic.

I like gambling too - but these odds are just not realistic for a match up like this happening. Please, STG, do a randomly generated matchup! I understand that STG wants a show and a competitive tournament but slotting every single player of a guild to go against each other is just not cool. Let us remember that this is a tournament - not a guild thing, so being matched based on guild should not be a factor.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-19-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys, to clear up any confusion I use a website called Challonge to set up tournament brackets. Since there was no seeding, they pair-ups are completely random generated by the site. It was the fairest way to do it without any qualifiers.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys, to clear up any confusion I use a website called Challonge to set up tournament brackets. Since there was no seeding, they pair-ups are completely random generated by the site. It was the fairest way to do it without any qualifiers.
    Remiem,

I'm trying that tournament bracket right now, using exactly the same registered teams. Despite me spamming bracket over bracket and refreshing the page, I am not able to get a match up that looks remotely like the one displayed. The odds just seem highly unlikely. :/

I guess it is what it is and good luck to everybody in the tournament!

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

I'm not sure where the distrust comes from, but with half of the teams in this tournament coming from Karma it is incredibly likely that they would get matched up together. As a side note, upon creation of the brackets I was not even aware that teams like Catch Us and Dragon Riders were Karma, since guild is not a required field for entry. So, unless there was Karma in the team name I did not know what guild the team represented.

I don't know how else to say, other than I give you my word, that I organized this tournament to be as fair as possible, which means I removed all judgement from the bracketing processes by randomly generating the slots.

Thanks and best of luck to all teams.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Maybe next time it can be broadcast or recorded and posted so there is no confusion regarding the topic of making the Bracket. Beside it will contribute to the transparency of the whole tournament process.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zapopan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zapopan View Post
    Maybe next time it can be broadcast or recorded and posted so there is no confusion regarding the topic of making the Bracket. Beside it will contribute to the transparency of the whole tournament process.
    Yes, I agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

true, its sad to see the line up is kinda... umm.. weird. But I think, they are just giving others some chance as well for the finale, too many complaints on the tournament ending up as karma vs karma, so I think they just made a secret step to make it all settle

cute is just my cover

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Best idea is...
    Chose 12teams.
    Devided in two groups A and B
    Then put all 6 karmas in same group...
    Then the final will be karma vs arlorians

24. The Following User Says Thank You to warriorromio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I'm not sure where the distrust comes from, but with half of the teams in this tournament coming from Karma it is incredibly likely that they would get matched up together. As a side note, upon creation of the brackets I was not even aware that teams like Catch Us and Dragon Riders were Karma, since guild is not a required field for entry. So, unless there was Karma in the team name I did not know what guild the team represented.

I don't know how else to say, other than I give you my word, that I organized this tournament to be as fair as possible, which means I removed all judgement from the bracketing processes by randomly generating the slots.

Thanks and best of luck to all teams.
    Last edited by H£ll; 12-19-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: discussions

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H£ll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Pulled from Remiems 'chalonge' page.... so this bracket is final or not?
    I don't like you