Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual Spec Guide (55).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Nah, you got it right the first time. I was too quick to jump to (wrong) conclusions there as I noticed you putting on voids and rifts with 139 to get to the 173, but after I read it more carefully that was indeed only to get them on once to save the loadouts.

Like I said, sorry for the noise.
    Nothing to be sorry about.

Now that you've mentioned it I might actually add the loadout assumption to my first guide, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if im doin warbird, should i pre dex first then pre str second?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jayche View Post
    if im doin warbird, should i pre dex first then pre str second?
    Since your warbird, you want to use Str gear. So it's pre str > str gear.

When you want to go Dex, you go pre Dex > Dex gear.

If your talking about loadouts, just choose whichever is more comfortable to you, pre Str first or pre Dex first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got it. so order doesnt matter. another question, lets say: im gonna use r roaches talon/wing and use fury helm/armor, is that possible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

got it. so order doesnt matter. another question, lets say: im gonna use r roaches talon/wing and use fury helm/armor, is that possible?
    Yup, order of loadouts shouldn't matter.

The only order is the "pre gear" or "booster" gear before your final gear.

Pre str = Str Gear
    Pre dex = Dex Gear

And no, I wouldn't think its possible to wear dex/str armours and weapons at the same time. Stats/bonuses just aren't enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm thought so, thx elly. gota lvl and farm now haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

hmm thought so, thx elly. gota lvl and farm now haha.
    No problem, good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elly if its not to much to ask, can you tell me which pre str/dex items will I need right off the bat, for a warbird? Thx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Elly if its not to much to ask, can you tell me which pre str/dex items will I need right off the bat, for a warbird? Thx.
    This guide uses Horus booster sets.

In other words, +32 (4 pcs of +8) booster sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Added a new section to explain the "Loadout Assumption".

"Loadout Assumption"

To fully understand how to Dual Spec, you must understand how loadouts work.

More than loadouts just being a quick-gear-changer, it is also a handy way to being able to get away with a few stat points.

That said, the basic loadout assumption is,

"Loadouts calculate the stat bonus of the gear in the loadout before actually equipping them. From helm, to weapon, to armour, and to shield (if ever). This being said, loadouts allow you to equip gear that you would manually not be able to."

To explain better, here is an example:

I will be using a +32 Osiris (4 pcs of +8 Str Booster Set) and 1 Fury Helm as an example. This also justifies why I say use 139 as a minimum amount in this guide.

So you start off with 139 Str.

You use your Pre-Str (+32 Osiris Set) Booster Loadout to get to 171. Given by 139+32 = 171. This booster set shouldn't even have a problem manually equipping them one by one, since each Osiris piece only has a requirement of 138, lower than your 139 Str.

Once you have 171 Str, you will see in your Helm section, that you cannot manually put on your Fury Helm because of its 173 requirement.

Using the loadout assumption, however, allows you to put on that helm despite not being able to manually put it on. This will need your equipment using the Fury Helm to actually be in the loadout in the first place. (Will be shown later in the guide).

Why does it allow you? Basing from the loadout assumption that "Loadouts calculate the stat bonus in the gear before actually equipping them", the stat points actually give you enough to use the gear.

When you have your Str booster set on, 139+32=171, you are using a +8 Str Osiris Helm. Your Fury Helm has +11 Str, 3 more than what your Osiris Helm does.

Due to the loadout assumption, that +3 Str from the Fury Helm is calculated in before it actually equips the gear making your actual Str 174 (171 + 3 from Fury Helm), which is more than enough for your 173 Fury Helm requirement.

174 is a point higher than the 173 requirement because 139 allows you to do the same with Green/Orange Helms which only give +10 of a stat.

The same works for weapons/armours/shields, although they are the least likely to be used in calculating since the 55 Helms have the same requirement as all of them. So if you are able to keep your Helm on, the rest of your equipment shouldn't be a problem.
    Hope its understandable, let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ellyidol,

Do you know what the minimum stat for the auto loadout to load a saved gear set? What I mean by this is as follows: My 55 warbird is currently set up as 133str/146dex. He has a 4pcs cyber void set configuration saved in loadout. He can load the 4pcs cyber void set without any stat pumping gear. So when I select Void Set, boom my bird puts it on with no issues. I cannot do that with my 4pcs rift set. Currently I have to put on a str base set, then load rift set, and finally put on BS set. Another words do you know how low I can dial down the dex and still have my 4pcs cyber void set loadout without stat pump gear?
    Last edited by dankndecay; 04-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Andromagious - 55 Pure Enchantress || Flockuinface - 55 Pure Archer || Icututopieces - 55 Pure Warrior || Lightblades - 55 Str133/Int145 Pally || Pokeuindaeye - 55 Str133/Dex146 Warbird || Brainiacbear - 40(55) Str102(135)/Int101(143) Intbear ||Yesishotu - 33(55) Dex82(133)/Int82(146) Dextress || Harderuwuss - 15(55) Str34(146)/Dex34(133) Dexbear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dankndecay View Post
    Ellyidol,

Do you know what the minimum stat for the auto loadout to load a saved gear set? What I mean by this is as follows: My 55 warbird is currently set up as 133str/146dex. He has a void set configuration saved in loadout. He can load the void set without any stat pumping gear. So when I select Void Set, boom my bird puts it on with no issues. I cannot do that with my rift set. Currently I have to put on a str base set, then load rift set, and finally put on BS set. Another words do you know how low I can dial down the dex and still have my void set loadout without stat pump gear?
    Let me get this straight -- you want more STR and less DEX on your warbird? That seems counter intuitive for a warbird.

If you are using Cyber Skull of the Void (req 157 DEX, +11 DEX), then I believe 146 is the lowest DEX number.
    If you are using Jacob's Helmet of the Void (req 154 DEX, +11 DEX), then I believe 143 is the lowest DEX number.

My base stats are 129 STR/155 DEX as a lvl 56 warbird. At lvl 55, it was 129 STR/150 DEX.
    Last edited by Wushu; 04-14-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ellyidol,

Do you know what the minimum stat for the auto loadout to load a saved gear set?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that 125 is the lowest possible score one can have and still get to wear 55 equipmant. If I understand how it works, it would require some very specific eq purchases:

125, then equip 3 pieces of +7 eq, brings you to
    146, then equp 1 piece of lvl 45 +8 eq (not helm), brings you to
    154, then equip 1 piece of lvl 50 +11 eq (the helm), brings you to
    158, then equip 3 pieces of +11 lvl 50 eq, brings you to
    169, then equip 4 pieces of lvl 51-53 +12 purple eq (req 167!), brings you to
    173, then equip your 55 gear.

I did a quick cs check, and it appears the +12 purple eq gear set runs about 200k. In exchange, and assuming I am right, you get 4 points. Expensive... yes. the minimum... yes? Having the highest possible dual spec character... priceless?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

what do u think has the best dual specs Birds Mages or tanks

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@darkndecay

Wushu got it right.

Your void loadout is instant because your dex, 146, is enough to put on the gear through loadouts.

146 str would be needed for a cyber rift helm, 143 for Jacob rift.

Or you could do, 130 strength for Osiris helm, Osiris Sword, (by this time your strength should be 146), then a cyber rift/power rift armour, and a cyber rift/normal rift shield.

Just always remember that for a loadout to work, it's X (stat requirement of gear) - Y (amount that the helm gives) = the amount of stat points you should have.

157 (stat req for Cyber Void Helmet) - 11 (Dex it gives) = 146 (dex you should have).

@kamikaz

I think he's asking for the minimum stat to make loadouts work, so he needs it to only go through one loadout.

That process is for allowing the minimum amount of stat points just to keep gear on (no switching or everything comes off).

To avoid all that work, I suggest just spending 4 plat (2 if you already qualify).

1. Respec to pure str (or enough to go from one loadout to final gear).
    2. Put on final gear.
    3. Respec your str down to the minimum needed, 173.

That way your str is as low as it can go just to keep your 55 gear on.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-14-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for a late thanks for all that help answer my question.
    Andromagious - 55 Pure Enchantress || Flockuinface - 55 Pure Archer || Icututopieces - 55 Pure Warrior || Lightblades - 55 Str133/Int145 Pally || Pokeuindaeye - 55 Str133/Dex146 Warbird || Brainiacbear - 40(55) Str102(135)/Int101(143) Intbear ||Yesishotu - 33(55) Dex82(133)/Int82(146) Dextress || Harderuwuss - 15(55) Str34(146)/Dex34(133) Dexbear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sorry for a late thanks for all that help answer my question.
    Not a problem, any more questions feel free to ask here, others might have the same question too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I recently decided to dual spec my bear, your guide helped a lot! I don't think I could have figured it out without it! I love having my tank build still, and switching to my bow gear and out DPS-ing mages on bosses. Definitely adds a lot of versatility to my bear. Thanks again elly!
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    I recently decided to dual spec my bear, your guide helped a lot! I don't think I could have figured it out without it! I love having my tank build still, and switching to my bow gear and out DPS-ing mages on bosses. Definitely adds a lot of versatility to my bear. Thanks again elly!
    Always good to hear that

You're welcome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice guide
    Helped me alot!!
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage